Philadelphia Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
HeavenWood

Gold

Re: Philadelphia

Post by HeavenWood » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:03 am

Aristone wrote:No worries...I'm glad I gave you a laugh. You seem like you might need it.

Btw...in no way have you substantiated nor argued any point to my last post other than to claim a "good laugh" and "sarcasm". Hope that works out for you in the court of law...I desperately hope you didn't spend too much for that Penn education to fall into the median...my firm won't accept you then.

Now I feel like we've both lost people wanting to come to Philly due to our pettyness...oy. All I can say is...at least it's not as insane as New York?

And yes, I'm not asking the question, we're done here.

Signed,

Someone who has a big firm job and went to law school for (pretty much) free...hence why I can buy a house with relatively no mortgage at 28. Good luck with everything.

Peace out.
That's probably because you haven't made any points, and I don't think you have to worry about my post-graduation employment prospects... I have the feeling I'll end up in pretty good shape, even if your firm (whatever firm that may be) ultimately passes me over. Best of luck to you too. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you've just been having a lousy day. Happens to the best of us. :wink:

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:18 am

Aristone wrote:
Philly people are usually nice, normal, non-combative and easygoing.
Lol this isn't true.

BiglawOrBust

Bronze

Post by BiglawOrBust » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:58 am

Aristone wrote:Signed,

Someone who has a big firm job and went to law school for (pretty much) free...hence why I can buy a house with relatively no mortgage at 28. Good luck with everything.
Does dick-measuring in regards to your house and "(pretty much) free" law school education work in the court of law?

tarp

Bronze

Post by tarp » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:34 pm

BigLawOrBust, does your jealousy usually manifest itself in the same manner?

As for HeavenWood, he usually has the same snobbish attitude. It's not his fault - he's from the "Main Line."

Hell, I'd rather live in Pennsauken than the Main Line - the people are much nicer. Oh, and country clubs are generally for douchebags. Try a real sport like alpine skiing, hockey, or football. And yes, I drink beer, not martinis.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:35 pm

tarp wrote:BigLawOrBust, does your jealousy usually manifest itself in the same manner?

As for HeavenWood, he usually has the same snobbish attitude. It's not his fault - he's from the "Main Line."

Hell, I'd rather live in Pennsauken than the Main Line - the people are much nicer. Oh, and country clubs are generally for douchebags. Try a real sport like alpine skiing, hockey, or football. And yes, I drink beer, not martinis.
lol you don't know me. I'm proud to say I have friends from all walks of life. I'm allowed to like having nice things and living in nice places.

And don't knock country clubs. Or golf. Fun fact: there are quite a few "working man's" clubs out there.

I drink beer too. Let's be friends?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:55 pm

HeavenWood wrote:I drink beer too. Let's be friends?
Sure! I'll start with a question. What's your guys' favorite beer drinking place in Philly?

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:59 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:I drink beer too. Let's be friends?
Sure! I'll start with a question. What's your guys' favorite beer drinking place in Philly?
I'm still new to city life, but this far, definitely City Tap House. Huge selection of every type of beer. After finals are over, I want to try out Monk's too. They have a great selection of Belgian brews.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:15 pm

What just happened here? x7447 got a new username?

tarp

Bronze

Post by tarp » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:12 pm

City Tap House is awesome. Wednesday happy hours are incredible there... half price everything. Massive selection.

The Blockely is nice for eye candy. Same with Cavanaugh's.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:28 pm

r6_philly wrote:What just happened here? x7447 got a new username?
And a 180 in attitude, as it were.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:49 pm

City Tap House is pricey. I stick to Mad Mex. Short walk.

Landmark Americana has really good daily specials. Also a short walk.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:50 pm

r6_philly wrote:City Tap House is pricey. I stick to Mad Mex. Short walk.

And there's always New Deck.

tarp

Bronze

Post by tarp » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:53 pm

Landmark is right across from Drexel Law. Good place for happy hour. I hate the late night scene there. Savas is right up the street and much more chill.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:56 pm

I'm a fan of Landmark myself. As for the late night scene, if you can make it down to 2nd and Chestnut, that's always a good time.

BiglawOrBust

Bronze

Post by BiglawOrBust » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:11 pm

tarp wrote:BigLawOrBust, does your jealousy usually manifest itself in the same manner?

Who said anything about jealousy? I was just pointing out the fallacious "I'm better than you" argument employed by the last poster. You should know about ad homs.

Edit: Since you like ad homs, I'll commit one myself. I just read you go to Drexel -- no wonder you're so bitter!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:00 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:

I'm a fan of Landmark myself. As for the late night scene, if you can make it down to 2nd and Chestnut, that's always a good time.
I used to work right at 2nd and Chestnut, on top of Plough and Stars. I am a bit tired of the scene there. Especially after they got rid of the Khyber (although they reopened it, it isn't the same in many ways).

x7227

Bronze

Post by x7227 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:23 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
r6_philly wrote:What just happened here? x7447 got a new username?
And a 180 in attitude, as it were.
Nope, I just tuned this out when R6 couldn't differentiate between an argument and a statement and the PC police took over... but thanks for thinking of me guys! Makes me feel all warm and squishy inside... just like a spleen should feel...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:24 pm

*opens thread*

Yep, I still hate this thread.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:25 pm

beach_terror wrote:*opens thread*

You don't like beer? :(

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:29 pm

x7227 wrote: Nope, I just tuned this out when R6 couldn't differentiate between an argument and a statement and the PC police took over... but thanks for thinking of me guys! Makes me feel all warm and squishy inside... just like a spleen should feel...
I am just glad you finally realized what an Internet argument was.

Edit: I couldn't tell if you are actually a law student, but sometime statement and argument are the same thing ;)

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:23 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
beach_terror wrote:*opens thread*

You don't like beer? :(
We were doing so well :?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

x7227

Bronze

Post by x7227 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:28 pm

r6_philly wrote:
x7227 wrote: Nope, I just tuned this out when R6 couldn't differentiate between an argument and a statement and the PC police took over... but thanks for thinking of me guys! Makes me feel all warm and squishy inside... just like a spleen should feel...
I am just glad you finally realized what an Internet argument was.

Edit: I couldn't tell if you are actually a law student, but sometime statement and argument are the same thing ;)
Aaaand sometimes they're not...like when you respond to a charge of playing the PC police and the rationality/humor of suburban stereotypes (the larger argument to which I was referring) with an ad hominem attack in an attempt to marginalize my argument.

btw I didn't see you playing PC police when Beach was cracking about GA and Haverford students (and I'll leave alone the fact that you responded to a charge about a group of people by holding yourself out as a paragon of virtue for half of those folks... wonderful, wonderful argument right there)

But you're right... I don't know anything. Great last dig. Thanks for putting me back in my place... on the internet... in a forum... that doesn't matter... filled with people who are super serious... about everything... :wink:

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:31 pm

I, for one, am offended by the implication that we take everything seriously.

not really

Ende

New

Post by Ende » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:35 pm

Thanks guys for all the posts. I'm from Philly, currently living in Ft. Lauderdale with hopes of returning to this area for law school.

x7227

Bronze

Post by x7227 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:37 pm

Ende wrote:Thanks guys for all the posts. I'm from Philly, currently living in Ft. Lauderdale with hopes of returning to this area for law school.
I have no idea how this thread could ever make you want to return to Philly...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”