What schools am I missing?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
smoneill88

What schools am I missing?

Postby smoneill88 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:03 am

Howdy Folks,

I've gotten a few apps in and I'm wondering if any additional schools are worth applying to (application fee $ isn't an issue). I know this looks like a 'what are my chances' post, but it isn't, I just wanna know any additional schools I may be missing.

169/3.58, dream is to practice entertainment law, but I understand that I just need to go to the highest ranked school I get into (for the most part).

So far I've applied to/will be applying to...

UCLA (ED)
USC
Boalt (for the hell of it)
Vanderbilt
GW
BU
Cornell
Mich
Loyola
Pepperdine

Thanks,
Sean

Re: What schools am I missing?

Postby 071816 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:17 am

Schools like Wash U, Texas, GW, BC, Indiana, Notre Dame, Davis, and Fordham might also be worth it even if you only use some of them to try to leverage scholarship money. With your numbers, I personally wouldn't waste an application on Loyola or Pepperdine.

Also, don't count on ever being able to go into entertainment law. Just try to give yourself the best chance of landing a job, period.

smoneill88

Postby smoneill88 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:51 pm

chimp wrote:Schools like Wash U, Texas, GW, BC, Indiana, Notre Dame, Davis, and Fordham might also be worth it even if you only use some of them to try to leverage scholarship money. With your numbers, I personally wouldn't waste an application on Loyola or Pepperdine.

Also, don't count on ever being able to go into entertainment law. Just try to give yourself the best chance of landing a job, period.

Thanks for the input chimp. I think I may try Texas + Fordham for their IP programs and Notre Dame and Davis just because. I'm just really hoping for USC or my UCLA ED. Those are by far my top 2.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:54 pm

chimp wrote:Schools like Wash U, Texas, GW, BC, Indiana, Notre Dame, Davis, and Fordham might also be worth it even if you only use some of them to try to leverage scholarship money. With your numbers, I personally wouldn't waste an application on Loyola or Pepperdine.

Agreed, but I'm not sure how seriously a regional school from California would take a scholly offer from a regional school in the Midwest.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:29 pm

If entertainment law is really what you want to do, do everything you can to go to UCLA, or maybe USC.

lawschoolgrapedme

Postby lawschoolgrapedme » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:32 pm

DO NOT GO TO INDIANA...They will offer you a full ride. DO NOT TAKE IT, unless you are confident you can transfer out after 1L (and if you are confident of this please bash your head against the keyboard now).

ColtsFan88

Postby ColtsFan88 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:01 pm

lawschoolgrapedme wrote:

DO NOT GO TO INDIANA...They will offer you a full ride. DO NOT TAKE IT, unless you are confident you can transfer out after 1L (and if you are confident of this please bash your head against the keyboard now).

It's not a bad deal if you want to stay in Indiana, and to be fair Indianapolis is actually a pretty nice place to live.

Aristone

Postby Aristone » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:22 pm

I seriously always wonder about people who apply to just BU and not BC or just BC and not BU. Have you been to both (perhaps the different atmospheres made your decision for you)? If not, I'd suggest an app there as well...they are pretty comparable and both phenomenal schools. And you might be able to leverage scholarship at one or the other...it worked pretty well for me when dealing with comparable schools. Texas and ND are worth an add too.

Regardless, your numbers are pretty good. Best of luck.

smoneill88

Postby smoneill88 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:59 pm

Thanks for the input everyone (and the strong warning about indiana, I don't really see myself there anyways..)

Hopefully my cycle goes well. I ED'd to UCLA and wrote what I think is a kick-ass PS specifically for them.

Thanks,
Sean

Return to “Choosing a Law School”