Choosing a lower ranked law school if its right for you....?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
ahduth

Re: Choosing a lower ranked law school if its right for you....?

Postby ahduth » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:40 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
ahduth wrote:DLA Piper is really big.

I don't think anyone who lands any V100/NLJ 250/secondary market "biglaw"/prestigious midlaw should be complaining.

Eh, given that there are enormous firms like DLA Piper in the V50, anyone who graduates from YHS should not really be thinking NLJ 250. I'll saddle up and take the position the AmLaw 100 should be the big law benchmark for anyone in the T6 at least. Too cheap to subscribe to the journal, but I'd be curious to know how far profits per partner fall by the time you get to the 100th on that list.

HeavenWood

Re: Choosing a lower ranked law school if its right for you....?

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:42 pm

ahduth wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
ahduth wrote:DLA Piper is really big.

I don't think anyone who lands any V100/NLJ 250/secondary market "biglaw"/prestigious midlaw should be complaining.

Eh, given that there are enormous firms like DLA Piper in the V50, anyone who graduates from YHS should not really be thinking NLJ 250. I'll saddle up and take the position the AmLaw 100 should be the big law benchmark for anyone in the T6 at least. Too cheap to subscribe to the journal, but I'd be curious to know how far profits per partner fall by the time you get to the 100th on that list.

Depending on your goals, the best firms aren't always the biggest or most prestigious. And you don't have to be in biglaw to break the seven figure mark as a partner. Keep in mind that the bigger and more prestigious the firm, the harder it is to distinguish yourself amongst the competition. PM me if you'd like to learn more.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”