New Princeton Review Rankings

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
beachbum

Re: New Princeton Review Rankings

Postby beachbum » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:34 am

jawsthegreat wrote:Lol at duke number one qol. UVA and Texas say lol.

Duke says "lol, scoreboard."

soj

Postby soj » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:44 am

beachbum wrote:

I knew this thread was going to turn into this. :roll:

Samara

Postby Samara » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:09 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
Samara wrote:Also, I love that 7 out the 10 most competitive schools are TTTTs. Cooley should add this to their rankings. They're #1 among TTTT schools!
Makes you wonder wtf is going on at Baylor, BYU and Hastings that make their students as cutthroat as the mostly-doomed Cooley and Nova students.

I wasn't surprised by BYU because they're like Fordham for Mormons, right? As in, they place above their ranking in NYC biglaw.

Hastings is probably a function of being the sixth best school in California (maybe seventh if you include UC-I).

Baylor competes with UT-Austin, SMU, and Houston. What other population centers have that kind of concentration of similarly-ranked schools? (NYC excluded, obviously) Chicago, by comparison, has Chicago, then NU then nothing until Kent/Loyola/Depaul. That's my guess.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:01 pm

soj wrote:
beachbum wrote:

I knew this thread was going to turn into this. :roll:

Duke says " :( "

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:05 pm

Although the majority of these rankings look like garbage, I do gotta say that, having spent a year there, BU's professors are incredible.

renee88

Postby renee88 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:20 am

I go to Baylor (1L) and I would NOT call the atmosphere competitive. My section is extremely helpful and friendly and I've never heard differently about other sections. Everyone just works really hard because our teachers expect a lot out of us in class. Socratic is used intensely and no one wants to get up there and not know what's going on. Also, we have finals 3-4 times a year (depending on if you do the summer session), so that demands a lot of studying. Hours spent studying doesn't seem like the best indicator of how competitive a school is, in my opinion.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:58 am

Bronte wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Career Prospects
Based on school reported data and student surveys. School data include: the average starting salaries of graduating students, the percent of students immediately employed upon graduation and the percent of these students who pass the bar exam the first time they take it. Student answers to survey questions on: how much the law program encourages practical experience; the opportunities for externships, internships and clerkships, and how prepared the students feel they will be to practice the law after graduating.
1. NU
2. Chicago
3. Columbia
4. Boalt
5. GULC
6. Penn
7. Vandy
8. GW
9. Michigan
10. NYU

No words can describe this.

Michigan/NYU getting GpWnd.