Notre Dame with ED.

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
mattviphky

Notre Dame with ED.

Postby mattviphky » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:39 pm

Hey all, I'm just curious what people think about ED to ND. I'm also looking at IUB, Tulane, and if my numbers are high enough, WUSTL. Maybe even UIUC, depending how they handle this cycle. I don't get my score back for a while, but i couldn't help myself. I've been trying to figure out schools and stuff the last two days, and I've pretty much been perusing this forum, as well as some other online sources. I don't like the deep debt prospects, but I have seen that an ED to Notre Dame doesn't necessarily preclude one from any scholly money. I'm not really asking about my chances of getting into ND with ED at this point, I'm just asking about your thoughts on doing so. I really would like to clerk following law school, and ND seems to place very well for clerking, other employment stats are pretty attractive as well. Say someone received a 167 with a lower GPA, would an ED be advised since WUSTL would be pretty much out in that scenario. I very much like Wustl and notre dame, but if i HAD to pick sticker between the two, it would be ND. However, it looks like a good number of people got SOMETHING

Bildungsroman

Re: Notre Dame with ED.

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:40 pm

Wait until you get an actual LSAT score and ask again.

And none of the schools you mentioned is worth sticker, so I'd say no ED so you can compare scholarship money.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:50 pm

OP: I know that you are waiting for your LSAT retake score so its a bit premature with your current numbers to plan EDing anywhere.

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:53 pm

yeah, i just couldn't contain myself! Well, I had 40k of my own for school, and I like WUSTL for many reasons, one being generous schollys. However, I really like Notre Dame for a variety of personal reasons. I get what you're saying about waiting til I get my (final) lsat score, but not matter how good my Why ND? is, I don't think it will compensate for my GPA (just north of 3.0) without an ED. I also hear that they give some money to ed's, so it's not like I would be faced with complete sticker, especially with my own savings. Idk, a lot of conjecture, i'm just doing a whole lot of serious research into schools and ED is a big commitment...but dammit i have to wait another 3 weeks for my score!

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:54 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:OP: I know that you are waiting for your LSAT retake score so its a bit premature with your current numbers to plan EDing anywhere.

no, i'm not going to ED without knowing my numbers

Slevin Kelevra 2011

Postby Slevin Kelevra 2011 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Why would you want to attend WUSTL or ND? The only reason to go to either is if you want to work in the midwest at a midlaw shop. If this is what you want, definitely don't pay sticker to do so. You aren't going to get biglaw from either of these schools (well, you have a small shot). If you did well enough to be able to get into these two, you may be able to get into GW, BC or Fordham, all of which place significantly better in biglaw, largely due to location and markets they feed into.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”