USC or UCLA. I don't want to stay in CA Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

USC or UCLA

USC
17%
UCLA
83%

Total votes: 36

satirian

New

Re: USC or UCLA. I don't want to stay in CA

Post by satirian » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:03 am

0L with no agenda or ties to either school

I have been given the impression that outside of LA the “Trojan network” is more substantial than rankings and prevailing wisdom would suggest. Although most USC alums end up in or near LA, there are Trojans everywhere, and they are reputedly fanatically loyal.

I don’t remember exactly where/when I heard this, but I remember thinking the source was pretty credible.

Ernert

Bronze

Post by Ernert » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:59 am

satirian wrote:0L with no agenda or ties to either school

I have been given the impression that outside of LA the “Trojan network” is more substantial than rankings and prevailing wisdom would suggest. Although most USC alums end up in or near LA, there are Trojans everywhere, and they are reputedly fanatically loyal.

I don’t remember exactly where/when I heard this, but I remember thinking the source was pretty credible.
USC Viewbook? I was just leafing through my mail and saw a spiel about the "Trojan network."

Basically, look at placement from previous years. Neither are great ideas if you aren't happy to practice in CA.

satirian

New

Post by satirian » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:54 am

Not Viewbook. "Trojan Network" is a pretty common term when discussing USC alums. I'd bet if you did a search for it on this site you would find several threads in which someone refers to the Trojan Network.

As I said, 0L, not speaking from experience, just offering another perspective.

FWIW: I wouldn't consider a slick marketing tool (viewbook) to be credible source.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”