Rutgers-N V. Seton Hall

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Jah'rakal

Re: Rutgers-N V. Seton Hall

Postby Jah'rakal » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:35 pm

cost being equal, seton hall>rutgers

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:36 pm

Jah'rakal wrote:cost being equal, seton hall=rutgers

FTFY

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:42 pm

HeavenWood wrote:But in all seriousness, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:43 pm

beach_terror wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:But in all seriousness, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

It's just like those people who trash Villanova in relation to Temple.

Jah'rakal

Postby Jah'rakal » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:46 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
beach_terror wrote:

haters gonna hate

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:48 pm

Jah'rakal wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
beach_terror wrote:

haters gonna hate

dumb fucks gonna be dumb fucks

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:49 pm

do you want to go to the same school as bill simmmons, or the school that has the football logo that resembles radio shack???

but in all seriousness take a look at stipulations of the scholly. if its not guarenteed, id be wary of it.

Jah'rakal

Postby Jah'rakal » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:53 pm

[/quote]
haters gonna hate[/quote]
dumb fucks gonna be dumb fucks[/quote][/quote]

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:59 pm

northwood wrote:do you want to go to the same school as bill simmmons, or the school that has the football logo that resembles radio shack???

but in all seriousness take a look at stipulations of the scholly. if its not guarenteed, id be wary of it.

Holy Cross does sound a lot like Seton Hall, doesn't it?

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:01 pm

i woulda picked the radio shack one

Ronburgandy2468

Postby Ronburgandy2468 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:00 am

northwood wrote:do you want to go to the same school as bill simmmons, or the school that has the football logo that resembles radio shack???

I Loled.

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:07 am

If you want to feel guilty every time you look at the clock, go to Seton Hall where theres a Bleeding Jesus, who died for YOUR sins under every clock.

If you want to go to a school where their best program is turf, go to Rutgers.

BostonNJ

Postby BostonNJ » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:55 am

Rutgers name not only is king in Jersey it goes WAYYYYY farther then Seton Hall's outside the State. Very rarely have people heard of Seton while I was living in Boston (6 years), however this was very different with the Rutgers brand. Rutgers is a national university lots of resources to sustain its Law Schools, state funding went down an they some how raise 1/2 a billion dollars. In this economy, Seton will not be able to sustain its 50K a year price tag, especially as law students start making savvier decisions in this economy. Also its employment numbers do not seem nearly as transparent as Rutgers is, which may be problematic with US news starting to buckle down on this info as other schools have been implicated for fudging numbers, for rankings.

While in Boston I asked some friends for advice between the two and most of them were unable to give it because of their lack of knowledge with Seton Hall. Rutgers for the price is amazing, the teaching is right on, its well known, and the alumni is triple that of Seton when you combine the two campuses.

This is a no brainer even if the prices are equal! Rutgers is much stronger and will weather the economy fine!

judgeholden

Postby judgeholden » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:36 pm

bport hopeful wrote:When I was at the SHU ASD, there was a lot of pro bono talk. A lot of help the down trodden talk as well. Lots of Jesus in the air.

Bullshit. There's lots of artsy crucifixes but no one in Newark gives a shit about Jesus and the main campus leaves the law school alone.

But, in truth, this decision is like deciding if you want liver cancer or lung cancer. Choose neither. Just slowly walk away.

lawbanshee

Postby lawbanshee » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:41 pm

Both schools are absolutely abysmal diploma mills. Look at this poor clown with a 3.5 GPA from Rutgers clerking for some old hag traffic court judge for 38 K a year and no exit options:

http://www.northjersey.com/news/1127653 ... _road.html

To even get thos embarassing NJ Traffic Court Clerkships, you have to compete with Ivy Leaguers. That's how bad the NJ legal "market" is.

Also, when you see job listings that say "clerkship preferred," they mean an Article III or State Supreme court, not these laughinstock traffic court "fetch coffee, pick up dry cleaning" type gigs in some grungy Newark basement.

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:45 pm

judgeholden wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:When I was at the SHU ASD, there was a lot of pro bono talk. A lot of help the down trodden talk as well. Lots of Jesus in the air.

Bullshit. There's lots of artsy crucifixes but no one in Newark gives a shit about Jesus and the main campus leaves the law school alone.

But, in truth, this decision is like deciding if you want liver cancer or lung cancer. Choose neither. Just slowly walk away.

I dont really know what this BS is too???

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:50 pm

lawbanshee wrote:Both schools are absolutely abysmal diploma mills. Look at this poor clown with a 3.5 GPA from Rutgers clerking for some old hag traffic court judge for 38 K a year and no exit options:

http://www.northjersey.com/news/1127653 ... _road.html

To even get thos embarassing NJ Traffic Court Clerkships, you have to compete with Ivy Leaguers. That's how bad the NJ legal "market" is.

Also, when you see job listings that say "clerkship preferred," they mean an Article III or State Supreme court, not these laughinstock traffic court "fetch coffee, pick up dry cleaning" type gigs in some grungy Newark basement.

At least he's got something, and he's making 48k not 38k. Also, he still did pretty fucking well in law school (assuming Rutgers is on a 3.0 curve). Don't mix up having a good GPA and what it'll get you employment wise. He's not a "clown" because he still did well, he's just in a shitty spot because the market is tough and doing well isn't enough all the time. Also, for a doc reviewer you should be able to spell embarrassing correctly.

lawbanshee

Postby lawbanshee » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:55 pm

At least he's got something, and he's making 48k not 38k. Also, he still did pretty fucking well in law school (assuming Rutgers is on a 3.0 curve). Don't mix up having a good GPA and what it'll get you employment wise. He's not a "clown" because he still did well, he's just in a shitty spot because the market is tough and doing well isn't enough all the time.

No. He's in a "shitty spot" because he attended and graduated from a shitty school. A 3.5 at NYU or even probably Fordham and he'd be at a 160 K a year Biglaw job.

Having a 3.5 GPA at Rutgers or SH is like taking gold in the Special Olympics: after the awards ceremony, you're still just a retard.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:01 pm

lawbanshee wrote:
At least he's got something, and he's making 48k not 38k. Also, he still did pretty fucking well in law school (assuming Rutgers is on a 3.0 curve). Don't mix up having a good GPA and what it'll get you employment wise. He's not a "clown" because he still did well, he's just in a shitty spot because the market is tough and doing well isn't enough all the time.

No. He's in a "shitty spot" because he attended and graduated from a shitty school. A 3.5 at NYU or even probably Fordham and he'd be at a 160 K a year Biglaw job.

Having a 3.5 GPA at Rutgers or SH is like taking gold in the Special Olympics: after the awards ceremony, you're still just a retard.

Thank you for confirming your idiocy.

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:13 pm

beach_terror wrote:Also, for a doc reviewer you should be able to spell embarrassing correctly.

:lol:

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:20 pm

lawbanshee wrote:

Um, a bit of an overstatement, I'd say

lawbanshee

Postby lawbanshee » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:27 pm

How so? This kid obviously "worked hard," which all of you are convinced is the secret to success in law. He also got "good grades," another necessary ingredient you all no doubt agree.

Yet he's making an embarassingly low salary running errands for a used-up old hag traffic court judge. Here's another newsflash: so called "midlaw" firms aren't going to be salivating over his so-called "clerkship" when it's done. The NJ firms know what a f-ing joke these lackey "pick up my dry cleaning" gigs are. They also know the salary, which enables them to do some major post-clerkship lowballing.

If anyone shitlaw employer does bite at his joke of a resume, they'll offer 53 K and sell it as a huge 5 K "raise" from the clerkship pay. Then they'll tell him that he needs to learn to practice law "their' way, and that they can't offer any additonal $$$ despite the clerkship. This same damn thing happened to many a former NJ traffic court clerk- I should know, I sit in a room w/ several of them right this very minute on doc review!

Contrary to your arrogance and batshit insanity, there are many people who have actually lived thru this shit already and know what they're talking about. You idiots, on the other hand, know nothing. The fact that you're even considering lawschool ITE speaks volumes about your lack of reasoning ability and lack of appreciation for the laws of supply & demand.

Click Click!

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:37 pm

lawbanshee wrote:

How so? This kid obviously "worked hard," which all of you are convinced is the secret to success in law. He also got "good grades," another necessary ingredient you all no doubt agree.

Yet he's making an embarassingly low salary running errands for a used-up old hag traffic court judge. Here's another newsflash: so called "midlaw" firms aren't going to be salivating over his so-called "clerkship" when it's done. The NJ firms know what a f-ing joke these lackey "pick up my dry cleaning" gigs are. They also know the salary, which enables them to do some major post-clerkship lowballing.

If anyone shitlaw employer does bite at his joke of a resume, they'll offer 53 K and sell it as a huge 5 K "raise" from the clerkship pay. Then they'll tell him that he needs to learn to practice law "their' way, and that they can't offer any additonal $$$ despite the clerkship. This same damn thing happened to many a former NJ traffic court clerk- I should know, I sit in a room w/ several of them right this very minute on doc review!

Contrary to your arrogance and batshit insanity, there are many people who have actually lived thru this shit already and know what they're talking about. You idiots, on the other hand, know nothing. The fact that you're even considering lawschool ITE speaks volumes about your lack of reasoning ability and lack of appreciation for the laws of supply & demand.

Click Click!

TL:DR

This story is anecdotal.

How much do you make bro?

Wholigan

Postby Wholigan » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:15 pm

lawbanshee wrote:

Click Click!

Is areyouinsane one of the bros in the room with you right now? You are misleading people by calling it a traffic court clerkship. The Chancery division does not hear traffic violation cases - that is what municipal courts are for. I know it's a lot of low end stuff - divorces, restraining orders, etc - but to be honest you could get some useful experience doing this kind of clerkship, even if it's not prestigious. If you clerk in the Criminal Division, you could be seeing murder and other big felony trials held before your judge. You'll probably know more about how to actually litigate when you're done than someone a year into a biglaw firm.

thedive

Postby thedive » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:59 am

Just be careful about the stips on the SH scholarship. Even if you get one that is like 35k they will likely put a top 50% stip on it. I know some people will say if you are below median there you might as well drop out, so it doesn't matter.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”