Case Western Student Body Question Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
CPM723

Bronze

Case Western Student Body Question

Post by CPM723 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:14 pm

I have read a lot of good things about Case Western, but wonder what the student body is like. Are the students close and friendly, or is the atmosphere very competitive (more so than a typical law school)? Any help would be appreciated!

Ersatz Haderach

Bronze

Re: Case Western Student Body Question

Post by Ersatz Haderach » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:46 pm

Ehh, it's somewhat cliquish, but not unfriendly. I have a lot of friends at school, and we do things outside of school frequently. I remember being surprised at how diverse the student body was when I first got here - traditionally, that has not been true. There's not a ton of law school drama, and certainly nothing that would merit posting to abovethelaw.com or whatever.

Competitive? In terms of getting onto law review and getting access to the good stuff at the relatively small OCI, yes, it's quite competitive, but there aren't a lot of blatant gunners.

If you're looking for an experience with a lot of school spirit a la Big State U you won't get it here - because people are really busy, there's always free food, and because CWRU just doesn't have much going on in terms of athletics. Case is a fairly big school, but most of the grad students here are sequestered in their various libraries and hospitals, although there is a Med/Law mixer that is one of the better events each year. The area right around the school is nice, and they're building a bunch of new stuff right by campus, but most of the bar scene/restaurants are fairly far from campus, closer to the apartments in Cleveland Heights. I think Cleveland is fine, or even very nice, if you stick to the good parts, and the Dean even put out a video 'selling' the city to prospies, but you should really visit and judge for yourself. I like it here.

ca$hmoney69

New

Post by ca$hmoney69 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:30 pm

Case is boss. The people are pretty nice and what competition there is is below the surface. So no one is really overt about it. I am really liking it more than I thought i would.

Transferthrowaway

Silver

Post by Transferthrowaway » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:32 pm

A chick from my undergrad is there who has (had?) quite an excellent student body.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”