Why doesnt this have more views?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
pacers3177
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby pacers3177 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:12 am

Deleted for poor grammar
Last edited by pacers3177 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KMaine
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:57 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby KMaine » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:21 am

TheFactor wrote:I did better than her.


Better than she. Just sayin'.

pacers3177
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby pacers3177 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:29 am

KMaine wrote:
TheFactor wrote:I did better than her.


Better than she. Just sayin'.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRmc9IPGmiA

User avatar
zanda
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:36 am

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby zanda » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:35 am

pacers3177 wrote:
KMaine wrote:
TheFactor wrote:I did better than her.


Better than she. Just sayin'.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRmc9IPGmiA

KMaine is right.

http://grammartips.homestead.com/ellipticalclause.html
http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/adjectives.htm
http://www.oestarapublishing.com/grammar/thanas.html
http://www.drgrammar.org/frequently-asked-questions


To be fair, the following say either is acceptable, though I disagree with the conclusion. The second of the two notes that "him" would be informal but is growing in acceptance.
http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/th ... an-me.aspx
http://ethnicity.rutgers.edu/~jlynch/writing/t.html

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby Grizz » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:42 am

zanda wrote:
pacers3177 wrote:
KMaine wrote:
TheFactor wrote:I did better than her.


Better than she. Just sayin'.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRmc9IPGmiA

KMaine is right.

http://grammartips.homestead.com/ellipticalclause.html
http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/adjectives.htm
http://www.oestarapublishing.com/grammar/thanas.html
http://www.drgrammar.org/frequently-asked-questions


To be fair, the following say either is acceptable, though I disagree with the conclusion. The second of the two notes that "him" would be informal but is growing in acceptance.
http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/th ... an-me.aspx
http://ethnicity.rutgers.edu/~jlynch/writing/t.html

You sound fun

User avatar
zanda
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:36 am

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby zanda » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:45 am

Grizz wrote:
zanda wrote:
pacers3177 wrote:
KMaine wrote:
Better than she. Just sayin'.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRmc9IPGmiA

KMaine is right.

http://grammartips.homestead.com/ellipticalclause.html
http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/adjectives.htm
http://www.oestarapublishing.com/grammar/thanas.html
http://www.drgrammar.org/frequently-asked-questions


To be fair, the following say either is acceptable, though I disagree with the conclusion. The second of the two notes that "him" would be informal but is growing in acceptance.
http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/th ... an-me.aspx
http://ethnicity.rutgers.edu/~jlynch/writing/t.html

You sound fun

You sound like you try too hard to be funny. Sucks for us I guess.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby Grizz » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:49 am

MBA/JD wrote:So let me get this right, you "smart" people have way overpaid for your legal education and never learned how to practice law but she doesn't deserve to compete with you 'cause your LSAT proves your much smarter? However, when she does get the chance she kicks the ass of schools far better than your third or fourth tier ABA accredited school. I think I understand now why your bitter. Keep on hating if it helps while you pay those loans over the next 30 years.

User avatar
prezidentv8
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby prezidentv8 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:56 am

kwais wrote:
MBA/JD wrote:So let me get this right, you "smart" people have way overpaid for your legal education and never learned how to practice law but she doesn't deserve to compete with you 'cause your LSAT proves your much smarter? However, when she does get the chance she kicks the ass of schools far better than your third or fourth tier ABA accredited school. I think I understand now why your bitter. Keep on hating if it helps while you pay those loans over the next 30 years.


There is nothing wrong with anything you said. Bravo


This stood out:

MBA/JD wrote:I think I understand now why your bitter.


155, overall.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby birdlaw117 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:06 am

prezidentv8 wrote:
kwais wrote:
MBA/JD wrote:So let me get this right, you "smart" people have way overpaid for your legal education and never learned how to practice law but she doesn't deserve to compete with you 'cause your LSAT proves your much smarter? However, when she does get the chance she kicks the ass of schools far better than your third or fourth tier ABA accredited school. I think I understand now why your bitter. Keep on hating if it helps while you pay those loans over the next 30 years.


There is nothing wrong with anything you said. Bravo


This stood out:

MBA/JD wrote:I think I understand now why your bitter.


155, overall.

Yeah, but the consistency was solid:
MBA/JD wrote:'cause your LSAT proves your much smarter?

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby mattviphky » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:25 am

this so sad. this school scammed her into leaving her job, moving to mass, and taking on debt for a non-accred jd. I feel really bad for her. You guys are all saying that she probably didn't get a 150, but i don't think she got a 140. She's urm, solid w/e, great grades, lor...but she couldn't even get into any aba school? any?! I just wish someone had told her to take a leave of absence to study. that's a good part in all of this, she had a good government job that it sounds like she did not have to quit, only take a leave of absence. Hopefully she will be able to go back to her job after she gets her degree. In this case she can feel empowered by calling herself a lawyer and in the future it might inspire her children. I would like to say that she might be able to slide up the ladder at the doj into a jd position, but i think the apps stipulate an accredited jd. I really hope this works out for her.

User avatar
prezidentv8
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby prezidentv8 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:43 am

I actually just watched that. That was kinda sad actually.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby romothesavior » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:49 am

prezidentv8 wrote:I actually just watched that. That was kinda sad actually.

+1. I feel for the girl. Screw schools like these.

User avatar
SisterRayVU
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby SisterRayVU » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:30 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:I actually just watched that. That was kinda sad actually.


This. I feel really bad for her. I'm sure she's happy with her decision and I hope it works out for her, even if it's just a job with her school, but she got taken advantage of in a bad way. I wish she did more research or had someone to tell her that this was a bad move.

acrossthelake
Posts: 4431
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby acrossthelake » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:38 pm

MBA/JD wrote:So let me get this right, you "smart" people have way overpaid for your legal education and never learned how to practice law but she doesn't deserve to compete with you 'cause your LSAT proves yourmuch smarter? However, when she does get the chance she kicks the ass of schools far better than your third or fourth tier ABA accredited school. I think I understand now why your bitter. Keep on hating if it helps while you pay those loans over the next 30 years.


Lol. That's news to me.

Also:
mattviphky wrote:this so sad. this school scammed her into leaving her job, moving to mass, and taking on debt for a non-accred jd. I feel really bad for her. You guys are all saying that she probably didn't get a 150, but i don't think she got a 140. She's urm, solid w/e, great grades, lor...but she couldn't even get into any aba school? any?! I just wish someone had told her to take a leave of absence to study. that's a good part in all of this, she had a good government job that it sounds like she did not have to quit, only take a leave of absence. Hopefully she will be able to go back to her job after she gets her degree. In this case she can feel empowered by calling herself a lawyer and in the future it might inspire her children. I would like to say that she might be able to slide up the ladder at the doj into a jd position, but i think the apps stipulate an accredited jd. I really hope this works out for her.

+1

User avatar
sanjola
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby sanjola » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:31 am

pacers3177 wrote:This ones great too haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXP8gvGp ... ideo_title


I don't know which I like better: the "XLSAT" graphic or the woman with the scarf wrapped up to her nose in the classroom.

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:34 am

MBA/JD wrote:So let me get this right, you "smart" people have way overpaid for your legal education and never learned how to practice law but she doesn't deserve to compete with you 'cause your LSAT proves your much smarter? However, when she does get the chance she kicks the ass of schools far better than your third or fourth tier ABA accredited school. I think I understand now why your bitter. Keep on hating if it helps while you pay those loans over the next 30 years.

User avatar
Icculus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby Icculus » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:57 am

mattviphky wrote:this so sad. this school scammed her into leaving her job, moving to mass, and taking on debt for a non-accred jd. I feel really bad for her. You guys are all saying that she probably didn't get a 150, but i don't think she got a 140. She's urm, solid w/e, great grades, lor...but she couldn't even get into any aba school? any?! I just wish someone had told her to take a leave of absence to study. that's a good part in all of this, she had a good government job that it sounds like she did not have to quit, only take a leave of absence. Hopefully she will be able to go back to her job after she gets her degree. In this case she can feel empowered by calling herself a lawyer and in the future it might inspire her children. I would like to say that she might be able to slide up the ladder at the doj into a jd position, but i think the apps stipulate an accredited jd. I really hope this works out for her.


+1, I really hope it was a leave of absence as she said it was. I'm from MA, and had never heard of this school until I found out a former coworker went there because she could not handle the LSAT. I mean her score was so low she didn't even get into Suffolk or NESL. The place is a scam and when it is competing with 8 other law schools in the state it cannot be good for its grads. On the bright side this past year UMass just acquired a law school so now we have a state TTTT to compete as well.

redtedredemption
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:55 am

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby redtedredemption » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:59 am

romothesavior wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:I actually just watched that. That was kinda sad actually.

+1. I feel for the girl. Screw schools like these.


Amen brother, amen.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby Sandro » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:17 am

maybe great grades = 3.12 ?

pacers3177
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby pacers3177 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:14 am

bumped for new cycle

gdh
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:05 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby gdh » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:35 pm

pacers3177 wrote:This ones great too haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXP8gvGp ... ideo_title


When did "Law" get the "R" in its pronunciation? "The Massachusetts School of Law(r)"

User avatar
danielhay11
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby danielhay11 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:46 am

MBA/JD wrote:So let me get this right, you "smart" people have way overpaid for your legal education and never learned how to practice law but she doesn't deserve to compete with you 'cause your LSAT proves your much smarter? However, when she does get the chance she kicks the ass of schools far better than your third or fourth tier ABA accredited school. I think I understand now why your bitter. Keep on hating if it helps while you pay those loans over the next 30 years.


Pretend any of this is true for a minute. The fact is, she left a job as a paralegal, likely took out enormous loans ($35k in tuition plus living expenses), and graduated with a degree that qualifies her to work as....a paralegal. I understand why the school chose her for this video - she's likable, well-spoken, and dammit I really hope she somehow succeeds. But this school is a scam. Three years and tens of thousands of years later and she's no closer to realizing her dream of being a lawyer. That's just the reality of the legal profession.

User avatar
johansantana21
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:11 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby johansantana21 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:02 am

danielhay11 wrote:
MBA/JD wrote:So let me get this right, you "smart" people have way overpaid for your legal education and never learned how to practice law but she doesn't deserve to compete with you 'cause your LSAT proves your much smarter? However, when she does get the chance she kicks the ass of schools far better than your third or fourth tier ABA accredited school. I think I understand now why your bitter. Keep on hating if it helps while you pay those loans over the next 30 years.


Pretend any of this is true for a minute. The fact is, she left a job as a paralegal, likely took out enormous loans ($35k in tuition plus living expenses), and graduated with a degree that qualifies her to work as....a paralegal. I understand why the school chose her for this video - she's likable, well-spoken, and dammit I really hope she somehow succeeds. But this school is a scam. Three years and tens of thousands of years later and she's no closer to realizing her dream of being a lawyer. That's just the reality of the legal profession.


She's probably too overqualified to be a paralegal now.

pacers3177
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby pacers3177 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:07 pm

Overdue bump

User avatar
suralin
better than you
Posts: 15113
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:52 am

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby suralin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:27 pm

I'm sorry, I don't really feel that bad for her. She basically won the lottery just by (apparently) getting a job from this TTTT school. I do feel slightly bad for all the other graduates who are likely still looking for any kind of legal job.

Also, LOL at the LSAT correlation part; one data point of somebody with a low LSAT doing presumably well in moot court == no correlation.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mudiverse and 3 guests