Why doesnt this have more views?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
pacers3177
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:41 pm

Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby pacers3177 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:38 pm


User avatar
Ernert
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:35 am

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby Ernert » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:57 pm

So did they mention whether she will be graduating with a job?

pacers3177
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby pacers3177 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:02 pm

Sheehan wrote:So did they mention whether she will be graduating with a job?


Nope. They skipped that question, even though they made it apparent she graduated near the top of her class.

User avatar
Lieut Kaffee
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 am

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:08 pm

Another bitter LSAT-hater who couldn't break 150? Is this supposed to be "inspirational"?

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:09 pm

Why doesn't this have more views?

Because we all believe that the gloom and doom stories won't apply to us.

pacers3177
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby pacers3177 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:10 pm

Lieut Kaffee wrote:Another bitter LSAT-hater who couldn't break 150? Is this supposed to be "inspirational"?


Not at all. I posted this to show the kind of mentality lower-ranked law schools try to create while overlooking the things that matter, such job placement and debt. I felt that this woman couldn't have been more stereotypically naive about the realities of the field.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:11 pm

From Massachusetts School of Law's Wikipedia page:

"The Massachusetts School of Law has failed to win accreditation by the American Bar Association." Butthurt over not having their crappy school accredited, the school filed "an action in Federal Court in Philadelphia challenging some of the ABA's accreditation standards. . . . As a result of its actions the MSL and Department of Justice filed complaints against the ABA for antitrust violations."

I think that the ABA really needs to tighten their grip on which schools are accredited, but this is why it's so difficult. You have all these joke schools ready to initiate lawsuits if they don't get what they want, and they also apparently have the DOJ on their side. Ridiculous.

User avatar
Lieut Kaffee
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 am

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:11 pm

pacers3177 wrote:
Lieut Kaffee wrote:Another bitter LSAT-hater who couldn't break 150? Is this supposed to be "inspirational"?


Not at all. I posted this to show the kind of mentality lower-ranked law schools try to create while overlooking the things that matter, such job placement and debt. I felt that this woman couldn't have been more stereotypically naive about the realities of the field.

Hey now, SHE WAS MEANT TO DO THIS.

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby bport hopeful » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:12 pm

Competing against schools like Harvard and Syracuse... thats a pretty odd selection of schools to compare yourself to.

MLS FTW

pacers3177
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby pacers3177 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:14 pm

Lieut Kaffee wrote:
pacers3177 wrote:
Lieut Kaffee wrote:Another bitter LSAT-hater who couldn't break 150? Is this supposed to be "inspirational"?


Not at all. I posted this to show the kind of mentality lower-ranked law schools try to create while overlooking the things that matter, such job placement and debt. I felt that this woman couldn't have been more stereotypically naive about the realities of the field.

Hey now, SHE WAS MEANT TO DO THIS.


You'd think bombing the LSAT three times (even though it really has no bearing on how good of a lawyer you'll be) and getting rejected 34 times would've been a clue.

User avatar
redsoxfan2495
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:13 am

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby redsoxfan2495 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:27 pm

I want to know how low her LSAT was. She's a URM with "great grades," "great letters of rec," and experience working as a paralegal at the DOJ and she couldn't get into any accredited schools? I'd also like to see footage of her whipping students from Harvard and Syracuse, which are apparently peer schools.

This video is awful in so many ways, the most important of which is that its main purpose is to encourage people to make what will almost invariably be a bad decision. It doesn't matter that you can't break 150 on the LSAT, if you just want to be a lawyer bad enough all your dreams will come true!

Speaking of the LSAT, I'm glad to know that there is absolutely no correlation whatsoever between it and law school success. If you were to take a couple dozen kids with good grades, good softs and <150 LSAT's and drop them into say, Penn, they'd end end up spreading fairly evenly throughout the class, with no more than roughly half ending up below median.

User avatar
Lieut Kaffee
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 am

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:32 pm

I liked the advice from her work mentor: "Your problem is you've only been applying to accredited schools!"

pacers3177
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby pacers3177 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:51 pm


User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby birdlaw117 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:54 pm

I liked the comment of "there really is no correlation between the LSAT score and being able to successfully complete law school..."

As if finishing law school was the goal, not earning high grades and finding a job...

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby Yukos » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:46 am

Link to her LSN profile?

User avatar
Ernert
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:35 am

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby Ernert » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:31 am

Yukos wrote:Link to her LSN profile?


For some reason I found this really funny.

User avatar
descartesb4thehorse
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:47 am

God, I just kept clicking on related videos for like an hour. It was all pointless and base.

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby kwais » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:34 am

I like the before and after of their building and logo. Clearly they have made serious strides where it counts guys

User avatar
LSATmakesMeNeurotic
Posts: 941
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:17 am

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:49 am

14k per year for a school that won't even let you try to pass the bar in most states. It absolutely amazes me how some people don't do any form of research before diving into debt

Edit: At least they like hiring their own grads. It's like a cesspool that just keeps circling.

User avatar
Jack Smirks
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby Jack Smirks » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:57 am

MSL does not require the LSAT for admission. However, MSL administers its own rigorous examination (MSLAT) similar to the LSAT, requires letters of recommendations and interviews every applicant for admission.

WELL JESUS CHRIST, YOU WANT ME TO FILL OUT THE ENTIRE APPLICATION FORM TOO!?!

MBA/JD
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:31 am

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby MBA/JD » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:40 am

So let me get this right, you "smart" people have way overpaid for your legal education and never learned how to practice law but she doesn't deserve to compete with you 'cause your LSAT proves your much smarter? However, when she does get the chance she kicks the ass of schools far better than your third or fourth tier ABA accredited school. I think I understand now why your bitter. Keep on hating if it helps while you pay those loans over the next 30 years.

dougroberts
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:18 am

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby dougroberts » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:20 am

MBA/JD wrote:So let me get this right, you "smart" people have way overpaid for your legal education and never learned how to practice law but she doesn't deserve to compete with you 'cause your LSAT proves your much smarter? However, when she does get the chance she kicks the ass of schools far better than your third or fourth tier ABA accredited school. I think I understand now why your bitter. Keep on hating if it helps while you pay those loans over the next 30 years.


I agree that the LSAT can be a bit bogus, and is not the perfect indicator of success. However, I disagree with you that she kicked "peer" school mock trial teams. The video failed to provide more information on that, and this fact seems unlikely, so I doubt she "kick[ed] ass."

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby kwais » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:27 am

MBA/JD wrote:So let me get this right, you "smart" people have way overpaid for your legal education and never learned how to practice law but she doesn't deserve to compete with you 'cause your LSAT proves your much smarter? However, when she does get the chance she kicks the ass of schools far better than your third or fourth tier ABA accredited school. I think I understand now why your bitter. Keep on hating if it helps while you pay those loans over the next 30 years.


There is nothing wrong with anything you said. Bravo

User avatar
bport hopeful
Posts: 4913
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby bport hopeful » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:39 am

MBA/JD wrote:So let me get this right, you "smart" people have way overpaid for your legal education and never learned how to practice law but she doesn't deserve to compete with you 'cause your LSAT proves your much smarter? However, when she does get the chance she kicks the ass of schools far better than your third or fourth tier ABA accredited school. I think I understand now why your bitter. Keep on hating if it helps while you pay those loans over the next 30 years.

lulz on lulz

TheFactor
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Postby TheFactor » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:06 am

bport hopeful wrote:
MBA/JD wrote:So let me get this right, you "smart" people have way overpaid for your legal education and never learned how to practice law but she doesn't deserve to compete with you 'cause your LSAT proves your much smarter? However, when she does get the chance she kicks the ass of schools far better than your third or fourth tier ABA accredited school. I think I understand now why your bitter. Keep on hating if it helps while you pay those loans over the next 30 years.

lulz on lulz




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, Lawl_Schoolz, Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests