How is Liberty University school of Law?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
WSJ_Law

Re: How is Liberty University school of Law?

Postby WSJ_Law » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:07 pm

mrtoren wrote:
I.P. Daly wrote:I wonder if the "Liberty Way" applies to law students...

Dress Code:
Liberty University maintains that a dress code is needed to prepare students for serving as "Champions for Christ" in many professional fields. The dress code is therefore guided by the basic principles of cleanliness, neatness, appropriateness, and modesty.

Entertainment:
Music that is lewd or has anti-Christian lyrics is not allowed. Movies that are rated "R", "NC-17", and "X" and video games rated “A” and “RP” or "M" with descriptors indicating any sexual content, alcohol/drug content, or strong language are prohibited.

Curfew*:
Liberty University maintains a curfew for all students. The curfew is enforced by Resident Assistants who perform "curfew checks" every night. The current curfew is: Sunday - Wednesday: 12 midnight
Thursday: 10 p.m. (this is for hall meetings)
Friday & Saturday: 12:30 a.m.

*However, Student Life sponsors "late night" events that students are allowed to attend after curfew.

I had more freedom in middle school utero.

ftfy

Libertylawadmissions

Postby Libertylawadmissions » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:47 pm

The “Liberty Way” at Liberty University applies only to undergraduate resident students, not law students.

To learn more about the School of Law policies, please visit law.liberty.edu.

Thank you.

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:51 pm

mrtoren wrote:--ImageRemoved-- (LinkRemoved)

I've seen more creative attempts than this. It's kind of insulting.

Mr. Bojangles. It's been a while.

Yukos

Postby Yukos » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:56 am

Libertylawadmissions wrote:The “Liberty Way” at Liberty University applies only to undergraduate resident students, not law students.

To learn more about the School of Law policies, please visit law.liberty.edu.

Thank you.

Would you personally, person working in the Liberty Admission Office, choose to pay $30,000 a year (plus CoL!) for a -- according to your own career services department -- 60% chance to find a job with a legal employer (with no salary reported) and a 20% chance to find yourself unemployed?

http://www.law.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=22940

Royal

Postby Royal » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:22 am

Let's not forget that the founder of Liberty "University," Jerry Falwell, thought that Brown v. Board "defied God's will."

He also said this about the September 11 attacks: "I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America, I point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'"

I think the best way to describe Liberty is disgraceful. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of employers share this sentiment.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”