Is Northwestern worth attending? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
FutureLS10

New

Is Northwestern worth attending?

Post by FutureLS10 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:51 am

Are the job prospects for an NU Law grad strong? I know the current legal market is in shambles, but is NU Law still offering a realistic shot at Biglaw?

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: Is Northwestern worth attending?

Post by CanadianWolf » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:55 am

Northwestern University places well in biglaw & is worth attending. Check NLJ 250 (National Law Journal) placement to compare NU with other elite US law schools regarding placement into the nation's 250 largest law firms.

Whether or not Northwestern is the best choice for you depends upon several factors including your other law school options & the geographic markets that you are targeting.

As a sidenote, it is quite difficult to get admitted to Northwestern without a year or two of post college work experience. Many posters have written that NU "requires" two years of post undergraduate work experience. If accurate, then NU is the only law school which requires post-BA/BS work experience.
Last edited by CanadianWolf on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:58 am

Meet the search function.

yngblkgifted

Silver

Post by yngblkgifted » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:02 am

Northwestern is a shit hole and I wouldn't go if they paid me. T14 my ass, more like T11.

FutureLS10

New

Post by FutureLS10 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:04 am

ndirish2010 wrote:Meet the search function.
Great contribution.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:06 am

Northwestern University School of Law students are permitted to take courses in NU's MBA program which complements the work experience mandate.

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:06 am

FutureLS10 wrote:
Great contribution.
The best one yet. What kind of thread asks whether a school with 50% NLJ placement is still good? LOL.

FutureLS10

New

Post by FutureLS10 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:07 am

yngblkgifted wrote:Northwestern is a shit hole and I wouldn't go if they paid me. T14 my ass, more like T11.
Is this sarcasm? It is so disparate from 95% of the information on the web. Fro what i have read and heard, NU has promising job prospects, even in the coveted biglaw market.

FutureLS10

New

Post by FutureLS10 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:09 am

ndirish2010 wrote:
FutureLS10 wrote:
Great contribution.
The best one yet. What kind of thread asks whether a school with 50% NLJ placement is still good? LOL.
This kind.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

yngblkgifted

Silver

Post by yngblkgifted » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:09 am

FutureLS10 wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:Northwestern is a shit hole and I wouldn't go if they paid me. T14 my ass, more like T11.
Is this sarcasm? It is so disparate from 95% of the information on the web. Fro what i have read and heard, NU has promising job prospects, even in the coveted biglaw market.
If you knew this then why did you ask?

FutureLS10

New

Post by FutureLS10 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:16 am

yngblkgifted wrote:
FutureLS10 wrote:
I am seeking your opinions b/c I know you TLSers are knowledgeable about LS programs.

yngblkgifted

Silver

Post by yngblkgifted » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:20 am

FutureLS10 wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:
FutureLS10 wrote:
I am seeking your opinions b/c I know you TLSers are knowledgeable about LS programs.

You'll be fine dude.

KevinP

Silver

Post by KevinP » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:41 am

ITT: NorthwesTTTern is finally outed as the TTT that it really is.

Seriously though, Northwestern is worth attending.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:45 am

1/3 of people who want biglaw will not get it. That number is not materially different from any other non-HYS T14. Even at CLS/NYU 1/4 of people who want biglaw will not get it.

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:51 am

Northwestern outperforms it ranking a little bit on NLJ stats, so it's definitely a good place to go for biglaw.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:42 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:
FutureLS10 wrote:
Aspberger's is a terrible disease.

Real Madrid

Silver

Post by Real Madrid » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:03 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:
FutureLS10 wrote:
Aspberger's is a terrible disease.
Ass burgers?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

glewz

Silver

Post by glewz » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:17 pm

Real Madrid wrote: Ass burgers?

I chuckled out loud IRL.

Sentry

Silver

Post by Sentry » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:58 pm

rayiner wrote:1/3 of people who want biglaw will not get it. That number is not materially different from any other non-YS T14. Even at CLS/NYU 1/4 of people who want biglaw will not get it.
FTFY

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:04 pm

I refuse to read a thread this stupid but... ha?

MusicComp

New

Post by MusicComp » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:17 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Northwestern University places well in biglaw & is worth attending. Check NLJ 250 (National Law Journal) placement to compare NU with other elite US law schools regarding placement into the nation's 250 largest law firms.

Whether or not Northwestern is the best choice for you depends upon several factors including your other law school options & the geographic markets that you are targeting.

As a sidenote, it is quite difficult to get admitted to Northwestern without a year or two of post college work experience. Many posters have written that NU "requires" two years of post undergraduate work experience. If accurate, then NU is the only law school which requires post-BA/BS work experience.
If you come straight from UG, Northwestern has about a 1% chance of accepting you. Honestly, you could probably have a 4.0 and 180 and get denied.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

electricfeel

Bronze

Post by electricfeel » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:31 pm

MusicComp wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:Northwestern University places well in biglaw & is worth attending. Check NLJ 250 (National Law Journal) placement to compare NU with other elite US law schools regarding placement into the nation's 250 largest law firms.

If you come straight from UG, Northwestern has about a 1% chance of accepting you. Honestly, you could probably have a 4.0 and 180 and get denied.
lol hyperbole, i know, you are so wrong

delusional

Silver

Post by delusional » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:33 pm

MusicComp wrote:

If you come straight from UG, Northwestern has about a 1% chance of accepting you. Honestly, you could probably have a 4.0 and 180 and get denied.yield protected
FTFY

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:07 am

delusional wrote:
MusicComp wrote:

If you come straight from UG, Northwestern has about a 1% chance of accepting you. Honestly, you could probably have a 4.0 and 180 and get denied.yield protected
FTFY
Yeah, sorry. NU is paying that person 150k. I'm officially here to be an ass today.

coldshoulder

Silver

Post by coldshoulder » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:36 pm

glewz wrote:
Real Madrid wrote: Ass burgers?

I chuckled out loud IRL.
Me too, 180

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”