The Fourth Tier is Sickening

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
mrtoren

Re: The Fourth Tier is Sickening

Postby mrtoren » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:55 am

Noval wrote:To me, anyone who's actually dumb enough to believe the talkshit on a TTTT School's website and goes to sink in over 40k/year for the "privilege" without doing any decent research, deserves it.

Darwinism at its finest?

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:53 am

Well how many people really expect a school to lie to them? I mean, doesn't the government make sure they don't? :shock:

bport hopeful

Postby bport hopeful » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:56 am

minnbills wrote:Well how many people really expect a school to lie to them? I mean, doesn't the government make sure they don't? :shock:

joke?

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:05 am

bport hopeful wrote:
minnbills wrote:Well how many people really expect a school to lie to them? I mean, doesn't the government make sure they don't? :shock:

joke?

Both a joke and what I think people are thinking when they sign up for some of these law schools.

TheZoid

Postby TheZoid » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:10 am

SBL wrote:Against my better judgment, I'm going to go ahead and leave this chainsaw abortion of a thread unlocked for the time being. It's just delivering on too many levels to shut down right now:

OP posted a dull, oft-repeated rant that we should shut down crappy law schools ("How DARE we allow people to make choices with bad cost-benefit outlooks!"). Then he got called out for making a shitty thread. But then, in a blaze of glory, he comes back with that old chestnut "All you internet nerds probably got beat up in high school!"

So let's see how this plays out. Your move, Intertubes.

lol, thanks SBL. Really feelin the love on this site.

TheZoid

Postby TheZoid » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:10 am

bjsesq wrote:
Way to add zero substance to the convo.

Way to be a douche.

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:15 am

TheZoid wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
Way to add zero substance to the convo.

Way to be a douche.

Herp derp, herp derp. The fourth tier sucks, amirite!?!?!?! Can't believe nobody has said this!

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:02 pm

minnbills wrote:Both a joke and what I think people are thinking when they sign up for some of these law schools.

I think this is really the case though. I know a girl I went to college with had really good grades and was in a bunch of organizations on campus but bombed her LSAT. She attended Elon in NC for LS, just graduated in May and still can't find work. I think the big thing is that people assume that Law School is like a lot of other schooling, that as long as you have the degree it makes the difference. Rankings are superficial and TTTT law schools are like off-brand cereal, you get the same product just without the fancy label. To be honest, I didn't know anything about all of this until I started legitimately researching the field.

I know with undergrad, at least here in Virginia, UVA grads aren't significantly better off than James Madison or George Mason grads when it comes to finding jobs despite a huge discrepancy in rankings. Most people not familiar with law schools would assume the same would be true for LS.

Postby 20160810 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:57 pm

No, I was wrong, this thread still sucks.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”