The Fourth Tier is Sickening Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: The Fourth Tier is Sickening

Post by JamMasterJ » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:35 am

bport hopeful wrote:
TheZoid wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote: BUT I YEARN FOR YOUR APPROVAL SIR
paulinaporizkova wrote: just as long as it's gonna be called Warmey
you might be the funniest person on TLS. No wait, ever.
Bad sarcasm is bad.
time to log off now

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:38 am

this thread blows but I see taxguy is browsing this forum so I'm gonna wait it out in hopes of witnessing this inevitable meeting of the minds

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:39 am

KevinP wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:I take serious issue with this thread. There are a number of fine legal assistants, administrative assistants, and paralegals that come from the Fourth Tier.
Not to mention McDonald's workers, janitors, and "exotic" dancers.

"exotic lawyer themed" dancers. In Chicago even some prostitutes. Has Cooley been mentioned in this thread yet? Do you know what sucks the most about Cooley. Not that it is a bad school, but that it has the same name as a great law firm.

KevinP

Silver

Post by KevinP » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:39 am

I'ma let you finish but MTal's threads are funnier.
paulinaporizkova wrote: just as long as it's gonna be called Warmey
iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg

pleasetryagain

Silver

Post by pleasetryagain » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:41 am

If the ABA shut down the 4th tier where would you go to lawl school bro?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TheZoid

Bronze

Post by TheZoid » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:42 am

pleasetryagain wrote:If the ABA shut down the 4th tier where would you go to lawl school bro?
Good one. with a 168 I should get in somewhere, eh? You guys make me laugh. you don't like my thread so you start a shitstorm and jump on my nuts. you guys must have gotten picked on/beat up in high school, huh? I feel bad for you.

j12

Bronze

Post by j12 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:42 am

paulinaporizkova wrote:
KevinP wrote:ITT: Poster responds the exact same way he calls other people d-bags for doing.
minnbills wrote:For me, it didn't sink in just how bad the TTTT is until I saw the employment numbers on LS transparency.

I really feel bad for people who cough up hundreds of thousands in loans to go to those schools.
The problem is only going to be exacerbated by the "second best" law school in the country opening another campus in Florida.
just as long as it's gonna be called Warmey
:lol:

taxguy

Bronze

Post by taxguy » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:44 am

I 'love' the broad statements that folks make and assume that they are true.

Yes, going to a third or fourth tier school in today's economy is a bad idea for most people. Heck even going to a T2 school is a bad idea for most people. However,there are EXCEPTIONS"

First, if you are in or going into a field where a law degree is considered very useful, going to a lower tiered school might be fine as long as you have no ambitions to get a job with the bigger firms. A good example would be a hospital administrator who wants to go to law school part time, which should probably be benefical to their job. A financial planner who goes to school part time, would also benefit from law school training as would a current IRS agent.
Second, if you have a guaranteed job connection, such as working in dad's law or accounting firm, going to any law school would be fine.
Third: If you had parents that have more money than sense, and you REALLY have a realistic plan as to what you want to do with your law school training, going to a lower tiered law school might made sense.
Fourth, if you get a completely free ride that doesn't require high levels of attainment in order to keep the scholarship, going to a lower tiered school might be fine.
Fifth: If the lower tiered school is the best in the state and you want to practice in that state, going there might not be that bad.

In almost any other circumstances, I wouldn't recommend going to a law school in today's economy that is T2-T4 ranked. Heck, I wouldn't even recommend T1 schools unless they are ranked in the top 20. Even with this, I don't think I would recommend taking on a lot of debt.

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:46 am

Um, all hail Paulina?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:46 am

paulinaporizkova wrote:this thread blows but I see taxguy is browsing this forum so I'm gonna wait it out in hopes of witnessing this inevitable meeting of the minds
taxguy wrote:I 'love' the broad statements that folks make and assume that they are true.

Yes, going to a third or fourth tier school in today's economy is a bad idea for most people. Heck even going to a T2 school is a bad idea for most people. However,there are EXCEPTIONS"

First, if you are in or going into a field where a law degree is considered very useful, going to a lower tiered school might be fine as long as you have no ambitions to get a job with the bigger firms. A good example would be a hospital administrator who wants to go to law school part time, which should probably be benefical to their job. A financial planner who goes to school part time, would also benefit from law school training as would a current IRS agent.
Second, if you have a guaranteed job connection, such as working in dad's law or accounting firm, going to any law school would be fine.
Third: If you had parents that have more money than sense, and you REALLY have a realistic plan as to what you want to do with your law school training, going to a lower tiered law school might made sense.
Fourth, if you get a completely free ride that doesn't require high levels of attainment in order to keep the scholarship, going to a lower tiered school might be fine.
Fifth: If the lower tiered school is the best in the state and you want to practice in that state, going there might not be that bad.

In almost any other circumstances, I wouldn't recommend going to a law school in today's economy that is T2-T4 ranked. Heck, I wouldn't even recommend T1 schools unless they are ranked in the top 20. Even with this, I don't think I would recommend taking on a lot of debt.
lolololololol

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:46 am

taxguy wrote:I 'love' the broad statements that folks make and assume that they are true.

and there it is

pleasetryagain

Silver

Post by pleasetryagain » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:48 am

TheZoid wrote:
pleasetryagain wrote:If the ABA shut down the 4th tier where would you go to lawl school bro?
Good one. with a 168 I should get in somewhere, eh? You guys make me laugh. you don't like my thread so you start a shitstorm and jump on my nuts. you guys must have gotten picked on/beat up in high school, huh? I feel bad for you.
I love TLS because everyone has become so perceptive of trolling that trolling the trolls has become the new form of trolling. See 2 pages of this thread.

KevinP

Silver

Post by KevinP » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:48 am

jarofsoup wrote: "exotic lawyer themed" dancers. In Chicago even some prostitutes. Has Cooley been mentioned in this thread yet? Do you know what sucks the most about Cooley. Not that it is a bad school, but that it has the same name as a great law firm.
A legal defense and a sexual release all in one package. But seriously, I do feel bad for the law firm and for the people who get suckered into attending.
TheZoid wrote: Good one. with a 168 I should get in somewhere, eh? You guys make me laugh. you don't like my thread so you start a shitstorm and jump on my nuts. you guys must have gotten picked on/beat up in high school, huh? I feel bad for you.
Dude, everyone here knows you are making a legitimate point. It's just that we have heard it so many times, there's really nothing to say about it. The ABA simply refuses to do shit while the TTT/TTTT schools are making bank.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TheZoid

Bronze

Post by TheZoid » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:53 am

you are a wise man tax guy. sorry i was too general and missed these rare exceptions.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:55 am

TheZoid wrote:

you are a wise man tax guy. sorry i was too general and missed these rare exceptions.
I just came

TheZoid

Bronze

Post by TheZoid » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:59 am

my apologies to the folks who have logged 40,000 hours on TLS and are WELL AWARE of the shitty law schools and shitty job prospects. I am so sorry to have wasted your exceedingly precious and valuable time.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:02 am

TheZoid wrote:my apologies to the folks who have logged 40,000 hours on TLS and are WELL AWARE of the shitty law schools and shitty job prospects. I am so sorry to have wasted your exceedingly precious and valuable time.
TLS is a full-time job bitch. recognize

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TheZoid

Bronze

Post by TheZoid » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:02 am

lol, clearly.

KevinP

Silver

Post by KevinP » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:03 am

At least if law school doesn't work out for those TTT/TTTT grads, they can always do this: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 3&t=162884

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:17 am

paulinaporizkova wrote:
TheZoid wrote:

I just came
HA.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:53 am

pleasetryagain wrote:
TheZoid wrote:
I love TLS because everyone has become so perceptive of trolling that trolling the trolls has become the new form of trolling. See 2 pages of this thread.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

albusdumbledore

Silver

Post by albusdumbledore » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:59 am

pleasetryagain wrote:
TheZoid wrote:

NZA

Silver

Post by NZA » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:07 pm

TheZoid wrote:
WHY WOULD YOU REMIND ME? :cry:

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:13 pm

This thread was boring. Taxguy saved it... sort of...

I feel more comfortable giving the credit to Paulina.

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:27 pm

TheZoid wrote:
2.6/168

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”