Loyola (CA) better than Davis? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
ag912

New

Loyola (CA) better than Davis?

Post by ag912 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:19 am

I realize that Loyola Law is way under Davis in rankings but it seems that they have a much higher number of Alumni that are partners in firms....does this school punch outside of its ranking class in LA?

Diamond

Re: Loyola (CA) better than Davis?

Post by 20160810 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:15 pm

Loyola is better than Davis like getting kicked in the nuts is better than winning the lottery.

UCLAtransfer

Bronze

Post by UCLAtransfer » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:33 pm

ag912 wrote:I realize that Loyola Law is way under Davis in rankings but it seems that they have a much higher number of Alumni that are partners in firms....does this school punch outside of its ranking class in LA?
For LA alone, I would say absolutely. Although I don't know that all things being equal, it would necessarily justify going to Loyola over Davis. But with a substantial scholarship to Loyola and a strong desire to practice in LA, I think it could make a lot of sense to go to Loyola over Davis.

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:38 pm

UCLAtransfer wrote:
ag912 wrote:I realize that Loyola Law is way under Davis in rankings but it seems that they have a much higher number of Alumni that are partners in firms....does this school punch outside of its ranking class in LA?
For LA alone, I would say absolutely. Although I don't know that all things being equal, it would necessarily justify going to Loyola over Davis. But with a substantial scholarship to Loyola and a strong desire to practice in LA, I think it could make a lot of sense to go to Loyola over Davis.
I don't think people realize that working in LA from Davis is almost as easy, if not as easy, as working in Northern CA. Almost half of our class ends up down there, and most of those who stay do so out of self-selection (for instance, we have a lot of Sacramento-area natives who want to stay local). LA firms, like all other firms, hire much deeper into the class at Davis than they do at LLS, as a rule.

Chippy

New

Post by Chippy » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:52 pm

Look at the stats here:

Loyola
--LinkRemoved--

Davis
--LinkRemoved--

I guess it really depends on cost (Davis scholarship compared to Loyola scholarship).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”