If I had to pay sticker... Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
TIKITEMBO

Silver

If I had to pay sticker...

Post by TIKITEMBO » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:48 pm

Last edited by TIKITEMBO on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Grizz

Diamond

Re: If I had to pay sticker...

Post by Grizz » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:53 pm

Try to sell your eggs for some extra dough though for sure

TIKITEMBO

Silver

Post by TIKITEMBO » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:54 pm

Last edited by TIKITEMBO on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:56 pm

Paying sticker at GW has to be one of the worst decisions ever. 74k x 3 = 222,000 for three years, and that doesn't include the inevitable tuition increases. Even with the hopes of falling back on LRAP, I wouldn't dare go into that much debt.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:03 pm

If your big problem is speed and LS is mostly 3 hour issue spotters, WHAT THE FUCK MAKES YOU THINK you will do enough at GW to have an LRAP qualifying job lined up at graduation?

If you want to help people, become a social worker. Or go into international development. Join AmeriCorps. Become a special needs teacher.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:05 pm

IAFG wrote: If you want to help people, become a social worker. Or go into international development. Join AmeriCorps. Become a special needs teacher.
Oh so credited

TIKITEMBO

Silver

Post by TIKITEMBO » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:29 pm

Last edited by TIKITEMBO on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:22 pm

Aberzombie1892

Gold

Post by Aberzombie1892 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:38 pm

OP, no to both questions.

You should balance trying to go to law school as cheaply as possible against the reputation of the law schools you are accepted to. GW has a good reputation, but it's not worth anywhere near $200,000; the same can be said about most of the T14. Assuming that you would be looking at sticker at GW, you should be targeting scholarships at lower ranked T50 schools.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TIKITEMBO

Silver

Post by TIKITEMBO » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:45 pm

Last edited by TIKITEMBO on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TIKITEMBO

Silver

Post by TIKITEMBO » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:50 pm

Last edited by TIKITEMBO on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:54 pm

TIKITEMBO wrote:A fair point might be that this is policy as well but the J.D. would give me the access I want to be familiar with laws on a broad scale.
Have you looked at typical law school curriculum? It won't.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:05 pm

TIKITEMBO wrote:That is a very nice picture and absolutely a noble cause :)

But, having worked in a lot of public interest areas already, I look at that picture and think:

What regulations did that man have to be in accordance with to be allowed to assist that baby? Were they more obtrusive than necessary? Not obtrusive enough? What is in the air those people are breathing? Why are those people in tents? Someone delivering babies in a refugee camp probably has very little ability to change the circumstances people are in by using the law.

I've got the law sickness and I've got it bad. I want to know everything there is about law and how it can be used in the public interest. A fair point might be that this is policy as well but the J.D. would give me the access I want to be familiar with laws on a broad scale.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TIKITEMBO

Silver

Post by TIKITEMBO » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:13 pm

Last edited by TIKITEMBO on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:16 pm

TIKITEMBO wrote:Ah, now I get it. IAFG and Grizz are trollin'. Shouldn't have bought in.

Anyway, I appreciate the people who've made relevant comments. I applaud your lack of need to post needless shit on law school forums. 8)
I'm not trolling.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:01 pm

TIKITEMBO wrote:Ah, now I get it. IAFG and Grizz are trollin'. Shouldn't have bought in.

Anyway, I appreciate the people who've made relevant comments. I applaud your lack of need to post needless shit on law school forums. 8)
Not trolling. Just hating on 0Ls for being uninformed, idealistic and wrong.

TIKITEMBO

Silver

Post by TIKITEMBO » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:13 pm

Last edited by TIKITEMBO on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:27 pm

TIKITEMBO wrote:
Not trolling. Just hating on 0Ls for being uninformed, idealistic and wrong.
I would like you to point to any of those adjectives you just spazzed onto your previous post and point out how my previous posts fit any of them. The question was about options for if I had to pay sticker and potential payment plans/scholarships. You took it to CAPITAL LETTER RAGE about what I said about LSAT timing issues. Frankly, being practical about how my admissions cycle might go shows I'm trying to take a realistic approach to what I want to do. That's okay if that comes off idealistic to you, I'm sure they have plenty of dictionaries at the school you're attending.

You sound like you're just hating. Not in any particular direction. Just a sprinkler of bitchiness. Take a nap.
:( I do need a nap.

the idealism is directed generally at people that think they want to be lawyers because they're curious about regulation. or that they love law. you don't love law any more than i love don draper.

TIKITEMBO

Silver

Post by TIKITEMBO » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:12 pm

Last edited by TIKITEMBO on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zanda

Silver

Post by zanda » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:19 pm

TIKITEMBO wrote:
Alright all, any more scholarship info after acceptance? I know this will obviously depend on the school, but is it at all common?
It seems like it only happens if you get a transfer acceptance to a better school.

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:29 pm

But, having worked in a lot of public interest areas already, I look at that picture and think:

What regulations did that man have to be in accordance with to be allowed to assist that baby? Were they more obtrusive than necessary? Not obtrusive enough? What is in the air those people are breathing? Why are those people in tents? Someone delivering babies in a refugee camp probably has very little ability to change the circumstances people are in by using the law.

I've got the law sickness and I've got it bad. I want to know everything there is about law and how it can be used in the public interest. A fair point might be that this is policy as well but the J.D. would give me the access I want to be familiar with laws on a broad scale.
Because they're fucking poor you motherfucking idiot.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:31 pm

TIKITEMBO is going to ambulance chase earthquakes.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:33 pm

TIKITEMBO wrote:What I love is the idea of studying words used together in a specific way to construct possibilities, mandates, suggestions, or barriers to actions.
Oh god.

DrManflesh

New

Post by DrManflesh » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:37 pm

TIKITEMBO wrote:What I love is the idea of studying words used together in a specific way to construct possibilities, mandates, suggestions, or barriers to actions.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:39 pm

rayiner wrote:

Because they're fucking poor you motherfucking idiot.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”