NYU Law BIGLAW %

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Homer88

NYU Law BIGLAW %

Postby Homer88 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:15 am

null
Last edited by Homer88 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dany

Re: NYU Law BIGLAW %

Postby Dany » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:24 am

I'm not really answering your main question (sorry) but for the record, I would absolutely not ED to NYU with your numbers.

http://nyu.lawschoolnumbers.com/applica ... ,8&type=jd

Almost all admits, no WLs, and of the 3 pending applications one withdrew because they got the Darrow and the other was accepted ED elsewhere, so they probably would have gotten in as well.

But for your other question, Law School Transparency has good info: --LinkRemoved--

bhan87

Postby bhan87 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:29 am

Dany wrote:I'm not really answering your main question (sorry) but for the record, I would absolutely [b]not ED to NYU with your numbers.
[/b]

Almost all admits, no WLs, and of the 3 pending applications one withdrew because they got the Darrow and the other was accepted ED elsewhere, so they probably would have gotten in as well.

But for your other question, Law School Transparency has good info: --LinkRemoved--

Above median at NYU will probably get you biglaw.

And no, NYU isn't going to be noticeably more or less competitive than Fordham or Cardozo, and if you got into all three, absent some major scholarships you should always pick NYU.

Rock-N-Roll

Postby Rock-N-Roll » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:47 am

Dany wrote:I'm not really answering your main question (sorry) but for the record, I would absolutely not ED to NYU with your numbers.

@Dany: I think lawschooltransparency.com is a great idea as a site in principle, but it has been pointed out that the data there is for class of '09, which means that those folks did OCI in '07 before the economy tanked and biglaw hiring changed. So that data is not really relevant to us now except if you want to compare one school pre-crash to another to get a relative sense of how they stack up to each other in a better economy.

@OP: The current data you are after in terms of biglaw hiring numbers is exactly what we are ALL after! It seems that the schools do have this data but don't release it at large. I think the best that you can hope for is that a current NYU student who received that data from their career services office might share it with you (although I don't know if they are technically allowed to do that or not). Otherwise, I think it is best to assume that you have to just do really well no matter what school you go to, which I hope also answers your second question.

Dany

Postby Dany » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:56 am

Yeah I was mostly just posting to tell him not to ED. No idea where the best current biglaw stats are, but you're right that he should try asking current students. OP, look for the NYU Students Answering Questions thread(s) - there should be some floating around.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:04 am

A little better than 70% of OCI participants got at least one offer last year at NYU. This year will probably be about the same.

Homer88

Postby Homer88 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:38 pm

Thanks for the help everyone....some good info on those sites, and I will try to look for some NYU specific posts about Biglaw. Does anyone else have any opinions on this issue or is willing to chance me with and without ED at NYU? (Anybody with similar numbers get in or didn't?...lawschoolnumbers info is kind of limited).
Thanks!

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:53 pm

No one at NYU gets big law. It's like Penn's ugly little sister.

Slevin Kelevra 2011

Postby Slevin Kelevra 2011 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:00 pm

I take it you're new here so didn't know where to find this:

http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNL ... hbxlogin=1

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:02 pm

Slevin Kelevra 2011 wrote:I take it you're new here so didn't know where to find this:

http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNL ... hbxlogin=1

Now you seem new here? I'm too lazy to find the "NLJ 250 != big law" threads however.

I personally go with AmLaw over Vault. Profits over prestige, every single day of the week.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”