Indiana vs. Notre Dame

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
JusticeHarlan

Re: Indiana vs. Notre Dame

Postby JusticeHarlan » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:55 pm

RMstratosphere wrote:
Slevin Kelevra 2011 wrote:Gotta call bullshit unless you provide a link?

Edit: Reviewing the AMLaw website, it appears the law firms provide the stats, not the law schools. So yeah, IU didn't make the list b/ of placement, not because they didn't participate. Nice try.

Look at the graph for T-30 schools.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=150681

"*NLJ250 data not available for the class of 2009. It could be anywhere between 0 and 13.2%"

Again, I'm not defending the data being unavailable; in fact, I'm very upset about it. I don't know whether the law school or the law firms are responsible for the reporting, but it seems that the data is unavailable either way.

I only provide the link because I am defending my statement. I was not trying to bullshit anyone or skirt the issue.

It's not in that chart in that thread because it's not published by the NLJ, and its not published because it's not in the top 50 for NLJ250 placement. It has nothing to do with some grand conspiracy to hide how awesome IUB places. The report is generated by data from the law firms, why would they all, together, not report the IUB data, but report anyone else?

downstream

Postby downstream » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:31 pm

Dude is making a mistake that is easy to understand. He thinks that the Top 50 USNWR schools were ranked, and IUB is missing so it must be an error. Not so. The ranking is of the schools that placed the most grads into NLJ250 firms. Thus, if USNWR ranks a school #65 but it placed well enough to be ranked #40 in the NLJ250 poll, it's ranked #40. I guess 50 schools placed better than IUB.

RMstratosphere

Postby RMstratosphere » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:52 pm

Obviously I was very wrong about this. I'm sorry for spreading misinformation.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”