120K at UCLA or 45K at Michigan for SF PI Law

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Michigan or UCLA?

UCLA with 9k in debt
69%
Michigan with 94k in debt
31%

Total votes: 78

wamanda

Re: 120K at UCLA or 45K at Michigan for SF PI Law

Postby wamanda » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:21 am

For future reference, all you 0L's: UCLA fights for you.

They just countered Michigan's offer with another $30K. I think they are paying me to attend now?

Must say, I am leaning back toward UCLA. I will update when I make the final decision, but seeing as Michigan is known not to negotiate, I kind of don't see what could change my mind.

Thanks for the opinions, everyone!

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:31 am

Congrats on the UCLA offer, that's insane. I definitely would take the UCLA offer.

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:13 am

wamanda wrote:For future reference, all you 0L's: UCLA fights for you.

They just countered Michigan's offer with another $30K. I think they are paying me to attend now?

Must say, I am leaning back toward UCLA. I will update when I make the final decision, but seeing as Michigan is known not to negotiate, I kind of don't see what could change my mind.

Damn, nice. I probably should've told them about my offers. I might still have passed at 150k, but that's a pretty sweet deal. As long as you're absolutely sure you don't want to work outside California, UCLA seems like a slick situation.

wamanda

Postby wamanda » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:46 pm

ahduth wrote:

Damn, nice. I probably should've told them about my offers. I might still have passed at 150k, but that's a pretty sweet deal. As long as you're absolutely sure you don't want to work outside California, UCLA seems like a slick situation.

Honestly, at this level of aid, I'm not as concerned about being stuck in California. I mean, coming out of law school with no debt, my options will be a lot more open in general. I mean, shit, I don't even have to be a lawyer! :P

313D313

Postby 313D313 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:06 am

wamanda wrote:
ahduth wrote:

Honestly, at this level of aid, I'm not as concerned about being stuck in California. I mean, coming out of law school with no debt, my options will be a lot more open in general. I mean, shit, I don't even have to be a lawyer! :P

As much as i love Michigan (top choice), the amount of aid is a very enticing and i am not sure i would be able to pass on that. Either way, best of luck. You have two very good options.

wamanda

Postby wamanda » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:14 pm

For those of you wondering, I chose UCLA. That offer was way too good to pass up. I also learned that I likely wouldn't qualify for federal loan forgiveness, so Michigan's LRAP wouldn't mean much to me. In the end, I remembered that complete financial freedom would likely have a greater impact for me than geographic freedom. Thus, UCLA.

Thanks again, everyone! This thread definitely helped.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:58 pm

wamanda wrote:For those of you wondering, I chose UCLA. That offer was way too good to pass up. I also learned that I likely wouldn't qualify for federal loan forgiveness, so Michigan's LRAP wouldn't mean much to me. In the end, I remembered that complete financial freedom would likely have a greater impact for me than geographic freedom. Thus, UCLA.

Thanks again, everyone! This thread definitely helped.

Wow! Congratulations!!!!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”