Harvard V. Stanford

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Harvard or Stanford?

Harvard
21%
Stanford
79%

Total votes: 141

HNSA15

Re: Harvard V. Stanford

Postby HNSA15 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:46 pm

ahduth wrote:
HNSA15 wrote:Down the street is far enough for me to dump my boyfriend. I wouldn't "dump" him regardless of where I am. Sorry that your life experiences have taught you that if a woman wants to experience something on her own that means she wants to dump her bf :)

No, just not clear why you'd even remotely consider Harvard if you're this committed. The logic of K-JDs is probably pretty lost on me however, given the life experience I've been saddled with, so please carry on.

Luckily, however, I didn't ask you for relationship advice. I'm pretty sure I'm the only 22 year old I know that has been in such a solid relationship for 7 years so I really, really don't need a stranger on the internet judging my level of commitment. Thanks anyway!

HNSA15

Postby HNSA15 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:53 pm

With that said...I think I understand the general consensus. Thank you all for the super nice PMs and for taking your time to give me your input-I appreciate it. I'm going to think it over for a few days and figure it out.

All the best to everyone-I hope you all do amazingly wherever you choose to attend!

westbayguy

Postby westbayguy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:30 pm

If you want to spread your wings- great. If you and bf are meant to be- he'll be there in 3 more years. During law school you won't have much time for him anyway- so don't worry about him. What are his goals and aspirations by the way? Do you think this may move you beyond the current relationship? Not saying it will, but it might.

From a purely academic/career standpoint, you don't need HLS. NorCal is far enough away to get a top notch education at SLS (best in the west by far- with the advantages of small classes and better weather), you keep west coast options open (no material difference in west coast hiring between SLS and HLS), and you keep the bf near enough for the occasional booty call. Sounds win-win-win to me.

senorhosh

Postby senorhosh » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:05 am

sorry chose harvard but didn't see you wanted to stay in cali.
i change my answer

Lord Randolph McDuff

Postby Lord Randolph McDuff » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:08 am

How is your boyfriend taking all this? I would see a huge red flag as soon as you told me about going to Harvard. Then again I'm married, and maybe you two arent that serious.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”