Risk and reward? Choose Albany Law!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
anewaphorist

Risk and reward? Choose Albany Law!

Postby anewaphorist » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:34 pm

Don't know how many of you got the chance to see this story: --LinkRemoved--

Thoughts?

TheFactor

Re: Risk and reward? Choose Albany Law!

Postby TheFactor » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:47 pm

Wrong forum

rangers0412

Postby rangers0412 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:08 pm

^ and honestly its a pointless article anyway, the firing of the entire groundskeeping crew would have a larger effect on the school. The admissions office is completely pointless there, its an upstate school for people who want to live upstate and not very selective. A computer could do admissions for TTT's and other schools that are 90% numbers.

ran12

Postby ran12 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:15 pm

Albany is actually well regarded in upstate NY and the gov't offices in Albany are loaded with Albany grads. If you're getting a decent scholly and have no biglaw aspirations then Albany is a good option.

WSJ_Law

Postby WSJ_Law » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:18 pm

ran12 wrote:Albany is actually well regarded in upstate NY and the gov't offices in Albany are loaded with Albany grads. If you're getting a decent scholly and have no biglaw aspirations then Albany is a good option.

outed as albany alumnus? This shithole is a festering TTT in decline /thread

ran12

Postby ran12 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:28 pm

WSJ_Law wrote:
ran12 wrote:Albany is actually well regarded in upstate NY and the gov't offices in Albany are loaded with Albany grads. If you're getting a decent scholly and have no biglaw aspirations then Albany is a good option.

Nah. I would personally never go to Albany b/c it's not my type of school. It's still a good option for certain situations. You're sort of a douche by the way.

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:10 pm

ran12 wrote:
WSJ_Law wrote:

Nah. I would personally never go to Albany b/c it's not my type of school. It's still a good option for certain situations. You're sort of a douche by the way.

+1
Thought the article was interesting in a soap opera kind of way. Don't know why people are attacking each other here.

anewaphorist

Postby anewaphorist » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:41 pm

Yeah, it's mystifying. I wasn't sure of how many ATL readers cruise these boards, so I thought I'd post it. Albany remains a good option for area residents/future practitioners...but it's certainly inauspicious that they allowed a non-college graduate to be the admissions head honcho.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”