Cooley Sues Law Firm and Bloggers

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Cooley Sues Law Firm and Bloggers

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:36 am

Tanicius wrote:They can't take down websites simply by filing lawsuits anyway. At most all they can do is threaten someone either by sending a cease a desist or naming someone/a website in the complaint. Unless a website or user knowingly spread false information about the school they have nothing to worry about. You're free to continue calling Cooley a terrible school with terrible ethics and a terrible effect on the legal market. It's a laughing stock among lawl schools. Prove my opinions wrong, Cooley.

Image

jarofsoup
Posts: 1951
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Cooley Sues Law Firm and Bloggers

Postby jarofsoup » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:32 am

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
jarofsoup wrote:Third Tier Reality was just knocked off? Did Cooley kill it?

No, it's still online, and still making me cringe.



I did not think I could live a happy and normal life with out seeing the whitty ways he ties different law schools in with pictures of feces.

User avatar
Tanicius
Posts: 2957
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:54 am

Re: Cooley Sues Law Firm and Bloggers

Postby Tanicius » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:42 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
Tanicius wrote:They can't take down websites simply by filing lawsuits anyway. At most all they can do is threaten someone either by sending a cease a desist or naming someone/a website in the complaint. Unless a website or user knowingly spread false information about the school they have nothing to worry about. You're free to continue calling Cooley a terrible school with terrible ethics and a terrible effect on the legal market. It's a laughing stock among lawl schools. Prove my opinions wrong, Cooley.

Image



I didn't offer a legal analysis. "Y'all have nothing to worry about because... common sense" isn't a legal analysis.

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Cooley Sues Law Firm and Bloggers

Postby Cupidity » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:18 am

Tanicius wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
Tanicius wrote:They can't take down websites simply by filing lawsuits anyway. At most all they can do is threaten someone either by sending a cease a desist or naming someone/a website in the complaint. Unless a website or user knowingly spread false information about the school they have nothing to worry about. You're free to continue calling Cooley a terrible school with terrible ethics and a terrible effect on the legal market. It's a laughing stock among lawl schools. Prove my opinions wrong, Cooley.

Image



I didn't offer a legal analysis. "Y'all have nothing to worry about because... common sense" isn't a legal analysis.


"Cease and desist," "complaint," and "knowingly," certainly skew towards legal-jargon rather than common sense. Use Run.

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Cooley Sues Law Firm and Bloggers

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:14 pm

It's super effective!

User avatar
almightypush
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Cooley Sues Law Firm and Bloggers

Postby almightypush » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:20 pm

Cupidity wrote:
Tanicius wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
Tanicius wrote:They can't take down websites simply by filing lawsuits anyway. At most all they can do is threaten someone either by sending a cease a desist or naming someone/a website in the complaint. Unless a website or user knowingly spread false information about the school they have nothing to worry about. You're free to continue calling Cooley a terrible school with terrible ethics and a terrible effect on the legal market. It's a laughing stock among lawl schools. Prove my opinions wrong, Cooley.

Image



I didn't offer a legal analysis. "Y'all have nothing to worry about because... common sense" isn't a legal analysis.


"Cease and desist," "complaint," and "knowingly," certainly skew towards legal-jargon rather than common sense. Use Run.


I lol'd.

User avatar
Tanicius
Posts: 2957
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:54 am

Re: Cooley Sues Law Firm and Bloggers

Postby Tanicius » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:50 pm

TIL that only experts know what cease and desist and complaint mean. I also swear an oath to never again tell a friend what "not guilty" means after a jury trial. That takes a year of law school at the very least. :roll:

I'll let everyone know when Thomas M. Cooley Law School doesn't sue me for stating my opinion that they are a blatantly unethical institution that deliberately preys on consumers.


Edit 1: .




Edit 2: Just kidding. Still waiting for them to not sue me.

jarofsoup
Posts: 1951
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 am

Re: Cooley Sues Law Firm and Bloggers

Postby jarofsoup » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:34 am

I think we all need to take a step back and take a look at what really matters about Cooley by watching this promotional video:


Knowledge! Skills! Ethics!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrpt4vRa-0o


They may not be the best law school out there, possibly one of the worse, but they can hire great video editors.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Cooley Sues Law Firm and Bloggers

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:39 am

Tanicius wrote:TIL that only experts know what cease and desist and complaint mean. I also swear an oath to never again tell a friend what "not guilty" means after a jury trial. That takes a year of law school at the very least. :roll:

I'll let everyone know when Thomas M. Cooley Law School doesn't sue me for stating my opinion that they are a blatantly unethical institution that deliberately preys on consumers.


Edit 1: .




Edit 2: Just kidding. Still waiting for them to not sue me.

Hopefully law school will teach you not to split the infinitive. :wink:

User avatar
Tanicius
Posts: 2957
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:54 am

Re: Cooley Sues Law Firm and Bloggers

Postby Tanicius » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:00 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
Tanicius wrote:TIL that only experts know what cease and desist and complaint mean. I also swear an oath to never again tell a friend what "not guilty" means after a jury trial. That takes a year of law school at the very least. :roll:

I'll let everyone know when Thomas M. Cooley Law School doesn't sue me for stating my opinion that they are a blatantly unethical institution that deliberately preys on consumers.


Edit 1: .




Edit 2: Just kidding. Still waiting for them to not sue me.

Hopefully law school will teach you not to split the infinitive. :wink:


Whoa, I think you might want to wait until you're a senior partner in a downtown office before you start trying to teach fellow 0L's advanced legal writing concepts.
Last edited by Tanicius on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Cooley Sues Law Firm and Bloggers

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:01 am

Tanicius wrote:Image

alright

User avatar
Tanicius
Posts: 2957
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:54 am

Re: Cooley Sues Law Firm and Bloggers

Postby Tanicius » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:00 am

--ImageRemoved--




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests