Securities Law?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
jesspaletsky
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:09 pm

Securities Law?

Postby jesspaletsky » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:23 pm

What is the best school for securities law? Like if I wanted to work for the SEC?

ran12
Posts: 1003
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Securities Law?

Postby ran12 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:26 pm

jesspaletsky wrote:What is the best school for securities law? Like if I wanted to work for the SEC?


prob schools that have top b-schools.

WSJ_Law
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:33 am

Re: Securities Law?

Postby WSJ_Law » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:44 pm

Shameless bump

Master Tofu
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:43 pm

Re: Securities Law?

Postby Master Tofu » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:11 pm

Nothing you learn in law school matters that much. Law is about learning through practice. The best way to learn about securities law is to work in the SEC. How do you get to the SEC? The same way you get any other law job...

fingersxd
Posts: 643
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: Securities Law?

Postby fingersxd » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:30 pm

jesspaletsky wrote:What is the best school for securities law? Like if I wanted to work for the SEC?


TCR is the best school you can get into. Honestly.

Most good schools have some sort of "law & business program" and you can intern at the SEC with good grades ... the B school is irrelevant.

Master Tofu
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:43 pm

Re: Securities Law?

Postby Master Tofu » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:35 pm

fingersxd wrote:
jesspaletsky wrote:What is the best school for securities law? Like if I wanted to work for the SEC?


TCR is the best school you can get into. Honestly.

Most good schools have some sort of "law & business program" and you can intern at the SEC with good grades ... the B school is irrelevant.



Are you a cook in Chicago by any chance? Or used to be?

TheFactor
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: Securities Law?

Postby TheFactor » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:39 am

Yale

fingersxd
Posts: 643
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: Securities Law?

Postby fingersxd » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:21 pm

Master Tofu wrote:
fingersxd wrote:
jesspaletsky wrote:What is the best school for securities law? Like if I wanted to work for the SEC?


TCR is the best school you can get into. Honestly.

Most good schools have some sort of "law & business program" and you can intern at the SEC with good grades ... the B school is irrelevant.



Are you a cook in Chicago by any chance? Or used to be?


?

Master Tofu
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:43 pm

Re: Securities Law?

Postby Master Tofu » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:58 pm

fingersxd wrote:
Master Tofu wrote:
fingersxd wrote:
jesspaletsky wrote:What is the best school for securities law? Like if I wanted to work for the SEC?


TCR is the best school you can get into. Honestly.

Most good schools have some sort of "law & business program" and you can intern at the SEC with good grades ... the B school is irrelevant.



Are you a cook in Chicago by any chance? Or used to be?


?



There was a poster a few years back who had the same moniker as you. My mistake.

Renzo
Posts: 4265
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:23 am

Re: Securities Law?

Postby Renzo » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:19 pm

TheFactor wrote:Yale


Followed closely by Harvard and Stanford.



You know all those biglaw lawyers from fancy schools? A huge number of them are either issuing securities or litigating over them. And only a fraction of all those securities lawyers have ever even taken more than a single class on securities.

jesspaletsky
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:09 pm

Re: Securities Law?

Postby jesspaletsky » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:56 am

I was never a chef in Chicago, I have never even used my gas stove.... not once.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Securities Law?

Postby Br3v » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:34 pm

jesspaletsky wrote:I was never a chef in Chicago, I have never even used my gas stove.... not once.


Franklin stove?

OP I, with my limited amount of knowledge on the matter, would agree with an earlier poster that it's the same as getting any other law job.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DoYouEvenTLS, MarkinKansasCity, SunDevil14 and 4 guests