Help with School Search

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
CPM723

Help with School Search

Postby CPM723 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:01 pm

Hey all,

I have had some trouble narrowing down my school list. I am not concerned with any particular region, only wish to find schools that are worth the money for me. I have a 159 and a 3.68. I am not able to retake again, but am interested in finding work as a prosecutor. I have strong connections in NY as well as TX. Any advice on schools would be great!

NYCbound35

Re: Help with School Search

Postby NYCbound35 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:09 pm

CPM723 wrote:Hey all,

I have had some trouble narrowing down my school list. I am not concerned with any particular region, only wish to find schools that are worth the money for me. I have a 159 and a 3.68. I am not able to retake again, but am interested in finding work as a prosecutor. I have strong connections in NY as well as TX. Any advice on schools would be great!

More often than not, school that you can get into with a 159 are not worth the money for almost anyone. With that in mind, you're best bets are probably Rutgers-Newark with a small scholarship (if North Jersey is close enough to New York for you, just don't expect to be working in NYC).

For Texas, you have some shot at SMU and Houston.

Also, if your reason that you cannot retake is that you CAN'T imagine studying for another 3 months, then you are going about this whole law school thing all wrong.

CPM723

Re: Help with School Search

Postby CPM723 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:17 pm

I have no preference for the state, my ties will allow me to find jobs in either of those areas.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”