LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
sparty99
Posts: 1433
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

Postby sparty99 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:30 am

Noval wrote:
sparty99 wrote: I know people who had to study medicine in the caribbeans because their MCAT's were weak and they studied business undergrad. Now they are doing their residency in the states....


Even if you're dumb enough to go to Caribbean schools for your MD, chances to land any high paying specialty in the U.S. is slim to none.

You friend is surely in Primary Care, which is a horrible job indeed...(Decreasing salaries, increasing working hours, and insurers trying to take over your paycheck + retarded debts to pay back...).

+ Nobody will accept him in a fellowship(Mandatory to practice in huge cities) coming from that kind of joke schools.


Actually, you don't know shit. My friend is not in primary care and is doing his residency at a respected university in one of the largest cities in the United States. Also, get overself and law school rankings. Did Casey Anthony's lawyer go to a top 30 law school? NO.

User avatar
Noval
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

Postby Noval » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:15 pm

sparty99 wrote:
Noval wrote:
sparty99 wrote: I know people who had to study medicine in the caribbeans because their MCAT's were weak and they studied business undergrad. Now they are doing their residency in the states....


Even if you're dumb enough to go to Caribbean schools for your MD, chances to land any high paying specialty in the U.S. is slim to none.

You friend is surely in Primary Care, which is a horrible job indeed...(Decreasing salaries, increasing working hours, and insurers trying to take over your paycheck + retarded debts to pay back...).

+ Nobody will accept him in a fellowship(Mandatory to practice in huge cities) coming from that kind of joke schools.


Actually, you don't know shit. My friend is not in primary care and is doing his residency at a respected university in one of the largest cities in the United States. Also, get overself and law school rankings. Did Casey Anthony's lawyer go to a top 30 law school? NO.


Yup, and my friend is an Astronaut, lololol, try harder.


Oh and regarding Casey Anthony's Lawyer, we're talking about an exception, which is surely not going to happen to 95% of grads out there.Would you still take the gamble and pay sticker at a T2 thinking that "Casey Anthony's lawyer is not from a top-30, so im safe" ? If so, you're a fucking clown and are the reason why this country is going into shit, pussies such as yourself borrowing money that they cannot pay back in order to make their parents proud.

Now keep on hating, after all, i'm the dude that scored a BigLaw job while not knowing shit and you're the over confident smacktard trying to outsmart me on the Internet.

sparty99
Posts: 1433
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

Postby sparty99 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:53 pm

Noval wrote:
sparty99 wrote:
Noval wrote:
sparty99 wrote: I know people who had to study medicine in the caribbeans because their MCAT's were weak and they studied business undergrad. Now they are doing their residency in the states....


Even if you're dumb enough to go to Caribbean schools for your MD, chances to land any high paying specialty in the U.S. is slim to none.

You friend is surely in Primary Care, which is a horrible job indeed...(Decreasing salaries, increasing working hours, and insurers trying to take over your paycheck + retarded debts to pay back...).

+ Nobody will accept him in a fellowship(Mandatory to practice in huge cities) coming from that kind of joke schools.


Actually, you don't know shit. My friend is not in primary care and is doing his residency at a respected university in one of the largest cities in the United States. Also, get overself and law school rankings. Did Casey Anthony's lawyer go to a top 30 law school? NO.


Yup, and my friend is an Astronaut, lololol, try harder.


Oh and regarding Casey Anthony's Lawyer, we're talking about an exception, which is surely not going to happen to 95% of grads out there.Would you still take the gamble and pay sticker at a T2 thinking that "Casey Anthony's lawyer is not from a top-30, so im safe" ? If so, you're a fucking clown and are the reason why this country is going into shit, pussies such as yourself borrowing money that they cannot pay back in order to make their parents proud.

Now keep on hating, after all, i'm the dude that scored a BigLaw job while not knowing shit and you're the over confident smacktard trying to outsmart me on the Internet.


I wouldn't pay sticker at any professional school, including Yale. Again, get over yourself. You work in BigLaw. Who cares.

User avatar
Noval
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

Postby Noval » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:11 pm

sparty99 wrote:I wouldn't pay sticker at any professional school, including Yale. Again, get over yourself. You work in BigLaw. Who cares.


No, YOU need to get over yourself, as you're the one that clearly can't say shit at the moment, Mr.TTT.

firemed
Posts: 1195
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

Postby firemed » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:23 pm

NYC Law wrote:That changes things, what kind of URM?

Just checked, looks like you have a shot at Houston or SMU. SMU is the winner if you can get in.



Also UNM and Arizona have climates similar to West Texas and you could get into those.

Finally, Baylor isn't as good a Houston or SMU but might not hurt to apply there.

User avatar
sunynp
Posts: 1899
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

Postby sunynp » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:28 pm

Did OP ever post again in her thread? I hope she didn't retreat after being told repeatedly that she can't do law school because of her score. I hope she decides she can retake -but if she doesn't retake - the thread does give some decent options.

flexityflex86
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

Postby flexityflex86 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:28 pm

Can't you get commissioned to retake the LSAT. With URM, a 155 may be enough for a decent school. Penn accepted AA's who were 3.6 and 156 this cycle.

sparty99
Posts: 1433
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

Postby sparty99 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:50 pm

Noval wrote:
sparty99 wrote:I wouldn't pay sticker at any professional school, including Yale. Again, get over yourself. You work in BigLaw. Who cares.


No, YOU need to get over yourself, as you're the one that clearly can't say shit at the moment, Mr.TTT.


Again, get off your high horse, bro. "Mr. TTT." Is that an insult? Cause I don't even go to a TTT.

pecuniarygain
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Re: LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

Postby pecuniarygain » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:03 pm

Dont listen to all the nay sayers claiming that your LSAT score means you are not cut out for law school. Seriously!
LSAT scores can be raised, you just need a good teacher. I have taught several prep courses and was the lead instructor for improving the teaching methods of other instructors, and I can tell you without doubt that their are lots of bad instructors out there.

Email me. If not, focus more on the quality of your prep time instead of the quantity.

Keep going...three times at the LSAT is far less than others have done 8) :D

Eco
Posts: 325
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:37 pm

Re: LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

Postby Eco » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:11 pm

He's screwed with that 149, anyone who tells him otherwise is lying. Unless he's okay with going to a non t-20, which is a shame considering that GPA. Try again but if I were you, I wouldn't get into law school anyways. Hiring is down in the dumps.

firemed
Posts: 1195
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

Postby firemed » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:20 pm

Eco wrote:He's screwed with that 149, anyone who tells him otherwise is lying. Unless he's okay with going to a non t-20, which is a shame considering that GPA. Try again but if I were you, I wouldn't get into law school anyways. Hiring is down in the dumps.



What is with all the noobs coming in here lately and dispensing super negative advice? I thought you had to be on here for a few months to get really negative and drink the TLS kool-aid... you know?

Eco
Posts: 325
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:37 pm

Re: LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

Postby Eco » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:25 pm

Look you can either be positive and pretend that he won't screw his life over going to a shitty law school, or you can be honest and let him know that even if he's in Georgetown he's still going to be pissing his pants wondering if he'll get a job or not. That's a fact. With a 149 he's not going anywhere worth going. Unless he wants to practice in South Dakota or something.

firemed
Posts: 1195
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

Postby firemed » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:38 pm

Eco wrote:Look you can either be positive and pretend that he won't screw his life over going to a shitty law school, or you can be honest and let him know that even if he's in Georgetown he's still going to be pissing his pants wondering if he'll get a job or not. That's a fact. With a 149 he's not going anywhere worth going. Unless he wants to practice in South Dakota or something.



There is a difference between negative and realistic. You noobs need to chill or you are all going to have coronaries from the stress when half of you end up below median.

psm11
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

Postby psm11 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:47 pm

Def retake. I had your same numbers and the only school I got into was Duquesne in Pittsburgh. While Duquesne grads place well in Pittsburgh and the school carries a solid reputation throughout Pittsburgh, I declined and plan on studying my ass off for the December test and applying after I get my scores. Take everyone's advice on here and don't settle for a degree from a school like Cooley or Weidner. Coming out of one of those schools with 100k debt is not worth it. Some of those t4 schools charge the same, if not more than HYS, yet fail to offer the same career prospects. Why pay the same amount HYS students pay and not get the same opportunities???

sparty99
Posts: 1433
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

Postby sparty99 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:26 pm

If you can't get that LSAT up, do note that I got into a T1 (with $$$) and my LSAT is identical to that 149...

psm11
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

Postby psm11 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:32 pm

sparty99 wrote:If you can't get that LSAT up, do note that I got into a T1 (with $$$) and my LSAT is identical to that 149...

??? urm

pacers3177
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

Postby pacers3177 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:41 pm

Noval wrote:
sparty99 wrote:
Noval wrote:
sparty99 wrote: I know people who had to study medicine in the caribbeans because their MCAT's were weak and they studied business undergrad. Now they are doing their residency in the states....


Even if you're dumb enough to go to Caribbean schools for your MD, chances to land any high paying specialty in the U.S. is slim to none.

You friend is surely in Primary Care, which is a horrible job indeed...(Decreasing salaries, increasing working hours, and insurers trying to take over your paycheck + retarded debts to pay back...).

+ Nobody will accept him in a fellowship(Mandatory to practice in huge cities) coming from that kind of joke schools.


Actually, you don't know shit. My friend is not in primary care and is doing his residency at a respected university in one of the largest cities in the United States. Also, get overself and law school rankings. Did Casey Anthony's lawyer go to a top 30 law school? NO.


Yup, and my friend is an Astronaut, lololol, try harder.


Oh and regarding Casey Anthony's Lawyer, we're talking about an exception, which is surely not going to happen to 95% of grads out there.Would you still take the gamble and pay sticker at a T2 thinking that "Casey Anthony's lawyer is not from a top-30, so im safe" ? If so, you're a fucking clown and are the reason why this country is going into shit, pussies such as yourself borrowing money that they cannot pay back in order to make their parents proud.

Now keep on hating, after all, i'm the dude that scored a BigLaw job while not knowing shit and you're the over confident smacktard trying to outsmart me on the Internet.


Noval you are such a clown. If you have a biglaw job, why are you on here talking down to people several classes younger than you? I don't know how you got into whatever law school it is that you did because judging by your comments you must've failed the assumption logical reasoning questions.

Touching on the studying in the Caribbean comment, you are a moron. I know a very successful OBGYN who studyed in the Dominican.

You are an idiot and a cyber bully. This is my gift to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNlLZhmuLdU

sparty99
Posts: 1433
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

Postby sparty99 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:46 pm

psm11 wrote:
sparty99 wrote:If you can't get that LSAT up, do note that I got into a T1 (with $$$) and my LSAT is identical to that 149...

??? urm


that and WE.

firemed
Posts: 1195
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:36 pm

Re: LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

Postby firemed » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:38 pm

pacers3177 wrote:

Touching on the studying in the Caribbean comment, you are a moron. I know a very successful OBGYN who studyed in the Dominican.



Um... dude, not to steal your thunder, but OB/GYN is a primary care specialty that has low salaries after malpractice is taken into account.

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

Postby NYC Law » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:41 pm

Y'all serious? OP hasn't even been on in a month.

User avatar
Noval
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

Postby Noval » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:37 pm

pacers3177 wrote:Noval you are such a clown. If you have a biglaw job, why are you on here talking down to people several classes younger than you? I don't know how you got into whatever law school it is that you did because judging by your comments you must've failed the assumption logical reasoning questions.

Touching on the studying in the Caribbean comment, you are a moron. I know a very successful OBGYN who studyed in the Dominican.

You are an idiot and a cyber bully. This is my gift to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNlLZhmuLdU



Oh the big words, why am i here ? To try to help students with open opinions, but when smacktards come over and insult me because they either didn't agree or because they didn't understand shit, i usually try to defend myself, which is what i did, read earlier comments and try to figure by yourself.
I'm open to polite discussions, but when someone turns-on his "keyboard warrior" attitude, i will just keep making fun of him "for teh lulz".

+ Your argument that Caribbean schools can make successful Doctors is bullshit, that's like saying that i know a Lawyer who makes six-figures but graduated from Cooley, sure it's possible, it can definitely happen, but MOST grads won't have the chance to hit anything other than Primary Care in the U.S. coming from these schools.
As of 2011, unless you graduated with top grades, top awards and know how to game residency placement system, you won't make it in a big buck specialty (R.O.A.D. + a few others).


PS: Sorry for bumping that up again, had to make some shit clear.

User avatar
bmathers
Posts: 719
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

Postby bmathers » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:39 pm

Flips88 wrote:
Jah'rakal wrote:I think you can try and play around with lawschoolpredictor, or the predictor thing on LSAC, even if they give you low chances, you may still get in, spread your apps, apply to many, all you need is ONE acceptance afterall, some T2 schools will look favorably at your GPA, get some solid personal statements and recs, I think it's more likely than not that you will at least get into one of them

No. Whatever shit hole that accepts people with 149s aren't worth attending. No one wants to be the person with 6 figure debt, no job, and a JD from a joke of a school.


I am waaayyy after the fact, but for future people - If you have THAT GPA with a low lsat like that (around 150), I would suggest thinking about Michigan State. Their median LSAT is a bit higher (154), but I get the feeling that your UGPA factors heavily into their decisions. A friend of mine went their on a full ride and is now doing great for himself in Charlotte. MSU has a big enough name that people have heard of it before, no matter where you move to.

Just my 2 cents, if you are looking to throw some apps around with that profile.

User avatar
Mullens
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:34 am

Re: LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

Postby Mullens » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:49 pm

Why would you bump a five year old thread to give objectively awful, life-ruining advice? If you have a 149 and a 3.8, the only solution is to retake the LSAT. Going to law school with a 149 is a terrible decision and will probably result in someone ruining their life. Don't give shitty advice.

User avatar
bmathers
Posts: 719
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

Postby bmathers » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:50 pm

Eco wrote:Look you can either be positive and pretend that he won't screw his life over going to a shitty law school, or you can be honest and let him know that even if he's in Georgetown he's still going to be pissing his pants wondering if he'll get a job or not. That's a fact. With a 149 he's not going anywhere worth going. Unless he wants to practice in South Dakota or something.

I know multiple millionaire attorneys and judges who went to TTT and TTTT law schools. Is it as common as people from T14 schools? No, but it's more than possible. Attending one is not anything near pissing your life or money away.

One of those TTT graduates has hired and fired numerous IVY league grads (UPenn) -- attorneys who were brilliant, but did not possess the people skills needed to be an effective lawyer. Your school may help you land that FIRST job - after that, it's performance and networking that will build your career.

So, in other words, chill out. Your LSAT, or even law school, is not going to dictate your life.

burtsbeesfanatic
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:15 pm

Re: LAW SCHOOL- 149 LSAT 3.8 UGPA- CLIMATE LIKE TEXAS

Postby burtsbeesfanatic » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:20 pm

This thread is the good shit.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: grandpapy360, SunDevil14 and 4 guests