Why does Tulane LS Transparency look so good?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
blurbz

Re: Why does Tulane LS Transparency look so good?

Postby blurbz » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:39 am

nealric wrote:Tulane looks so good because only 54% of the class is represented by the data. Only 85% of those 54% represented in the data are actually reporting salaries.

In any event, the fact that Law School Transparency cites most of their information form US News is a ridiculous perversion of their original goal. If they wanted schools to provide more accurate information, they shouldn't be willing to present the faulty information on a website that explicitly says its goal is to correct misconceptions about legal placement. They're furthering the problem they wish to correct.

monarchylover

Postby monarchylover » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:42 am

nealric wrote:Tulane looks so good because only 54% of the class is represented by the data. Only 85% of those 54% represented in the data are actually reporting salaries.

This is wrong 54% of the total class is reporting private sector salaries which is much better than the rest of the previously stated schools. see below

139 of Tulane's 257 graduates are reporting private sector salaries which is 54% of the total class are reporting private sector salaries.

135 of UF's 425 graduates are reporting private sector salaries which is 30.6% of the total class are reporting private sector salaries.

74 of FSU's 263 graduates are reporting private sector salaries which is 28.1% of the total class are reporting private sector salaries.

72 of UNC's 227 graduates are reporting private sector salaries which is 31.7% of the total class are reporting private sector salaries.

90 of George Mason's 230 graduates are reporting private sector salaries which is 39.1% of the total class are reporting private sector salaries.

68 of UGA's 216 graduates are reporting private sector salaries which is 31.5% of the total class are reporting private sector salaries.

97 of Georgia State's 185 graduates are reporting private sector salaries which is 52.4% of the total class are reporting private sector salaries.

133 of Emory's 217 graduates are reporting private sector salaries which is 61.3% of the total class are reporting private sector salaries.

Not surprisingly Emory looks better than Tulane and Georgia State, but all three look much better than UGA.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:44 am

monarchylover wrote:

This is wrong 54% of the total class is reporting private sector salaries which is much better than the rest of the previously stated schools. see below

139 of Tulane's 257 graduates are reporting private sector salaries which is 54% of the total class are reporting private sector salaries.

135 of UF's 425 graduates are reporting private sector salaries which is 30.6% of the total class are reporting private sector salaries.

74 of FSU's 263 graduates are reporting private sector salaries which is 28.1% of the total class are reporting private sector salaries.

72 of UNC's 227 graduates are reporting private sector salaries which is 31.7% of the total class are reporting private sector salaries.

90 of George Mason's 230 graduates are reporting private sector salaries which is 39.1% of the total class are reporting private sector salaries.

68 of UGA's 216 graduates are reporting private sector salaries which is 31.5% of the total class are reporting private sector salaries.

97 of Georgia State's 185 graduates are reporting private sector salaries which is 52.4% of the total class are reporting private sector salaries.

133 of Emory's 217 graduates are reporting private sector salaries which is 61.3% of the total class are reporting private sector salaries.

Not surprisingly Emory looks better than Tulane and Georgia State, but all three look much better than UGA
Retake.

monarchylover

Postby monarchylover » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:46 am

ignore heavenwood she/he can't handle the truth

also if you don't believe me look at the site --LinkRemoved-- look at the big red 257 and 139

139/257 = 0.54

monarchylover

Postby monarchylover » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:55 am

HeavenWood wrote:
monarchylover wrote:

Not surprisingly Emory looks better than Tulane and Georgia State, but all three look much better than UGA
Retake.

I have not taken yet so I am just looking at my options as I like the southeast but I am shooting for $$$$$ or Duke

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:59 am

monarchylover wrote:ignore heavenwood she/he can't handle the truth

also if you don't believe me look at the site --LinkRemoved-- look at the big red 257 and 139

1) I'm a he.

2) I can handle the truth just fine; the points you're making just happen to be essentially meaningless, especially on the regional school level. If you want to work in Washington state, you're much better with a public UWash education than a private WUSTL degree (not to mention local privates such as Seattle and Gonzaga). I'm not claiming public schools are inherently better. I'm saying, all things considered, it's a wash, and should factor very little into your application process (if at all). Even though Emory does have better placement than UGA (which I don't think most people would deny), paying sticker at Emory over in-state tuition + scholly at UGA is just foolish, given the relatively small difference in employment placement.

I can handle the truth just fine. What I can't handle is your incessant trolling and/or inferiority complex that has convinced you private schools have an inherent advantage (and this is coming from someone who will be attending a private LS in the fall).

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:59 am

monarchylover wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
monarchylover wrote:

Retake.

I have not taken yet so I am just looking at my options as I like the southeast but I am shooting for $$$$$ or Duke

Once again, whoosh!

monarchylover

Postby monarchylover » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:04 am

HeavenWood wrote:
Once again, whoosh!

ooo I get the whoosh lol

mikeditkaisgod

Postby mikeditkaisgod » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:16 pm

HeavenWood wrote:

1) I'm a he.

2) I can handle the truth just fine; the points you're making just happen to be essentially meaningless, especially on the regional school level. If you want to work in Washington state, you're much better with a public UWash education than a private WUSTL degree (not to mention local privates such as Seattle and Gonzaga). I'm not claiming public schools are inherently better. I'm saying, all things considered, it's a wash, and should factor very little into your application process (if at all). Even though Emory does have better placement than UGA (which I don't think most people would deny), paying sticker at Emory over in-state tuition + scholly at UGA is just foolish, given the relatively small difference in employment placement.

I can handle the truth just fine. What I can't handle is your incessant trolling and/or inferiority complex that has convinced you private schools have an inherent advantage (and this is coming from someone who will be attending a private LS in the fall).

I completely agree. I just can't wrap my mind around why some people would believe they have some sort of an advantage in the job market by attending a private school over a public school.

monarchylover

Postby monarchylover » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:20 pm

mikeditkaisgod wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

1) I'm a he.

I completely agree. I just can't wrap my mind around why some people would believe they have some sort of an advantage in the job market by attending a private school over a public school.

Me too I think statistics are for losers go state hookers!!!! Sluts 4 Life kissy kissy titties titties

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:22 pm

monarchylover wrote:
mikeditkaisgod wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

1) I'm a he.

Me too I think statistics are for losers go state hookers!!!! Sluts 4 Life kissy kissy titties titties

Did you even read what I posted? For every cherry-picked region where private schools have the advantage, I can cherry-pick a region where the opposite is true.

monarchylover

Postby monarchylover » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:28 pm

HeavenWood wrote:Did you even read what I posted? For every cherry-picked region where private schools have the advantage, I can cherry-pick a region where the opposite is true.

Ok for one I really don't care anymore and I don't even know why I made this thread... Until I take my LSAT I don't know if I will be applying to T2 or hys or retake as you said so sorry for being a crazy bitch and I understand what you're saying. I get it advantage is where advantage is and their is no reason to make crazy broad claims like mine.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”