UCONN or Cardozo?? Help me decide!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Cardozo or UCONN

Poll ended at Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:52 pm

Cardozo with 20k scholarship
12%
UCONN - full ride
88%

Total votes: 42

ndirish2010

Re: UCONN or Cardozo?? Help me decide!

Postby ndirish2010 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:13 pm

crossarmant wrote:
OldManHunger wrote:Just to tie this back to the topic, there a lot of people who'd rather eat a gun than go to, say, U Conn, Cardozo, or West Virginia and live the life that implies.

Whew, suicide is the correct answer for anyone who wants to be in the top 1% of Americans but instead winds up in the top 15% instead. I'd hate to be one of the 3% of Americans who have a Professional/Doctorate degree. Not going to an Ivy League school will ruin everything.

First, stop with this Ivy League stuff. Second, there are professional degrees and then there are professional degrees. You're better off getting a job as a trucker than going to many law schools in this country.

BostonNJ

Postby BostonNJ » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:53 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
crossarmant wrote:
OldManHunger wrote:Just to tie this back to the topic, there a lot of people who'd rather eat a gun than go to, say, U Conn, Cardozo, or West Virginia and live the life that implies.

Whew, suicide is the correct answer for anyone who wants to be in the top 1% of Americans but instead winds up in the top 15% instead. I'd hate to be one of the 3% of Americans who have a Professional/Doctorate degree. Not going to an Ivy League school will ruin everything.

First, stop with this Ivy League stuff. Second, there are professional degrees and then there are professional degrees. You're better off getting a job as a trucker than going to many law schools in this country.

ND has a point!

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:26 am

ndirish2010 wrote:
crossarmant wrote:

Many law schools, yes. Not UConn on a full goddamn ride.

Postby 23402385985 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:06 pm

crossarmant wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
crossarmant wrote:

Many law schools, yes. Not UConn on a full goddamn ride.

UConn is also the main law school in CT. Yes, Yale is there, too. But most Yale grads don't stay in state because they can go fucking anywhere (so why would they stay in CT?).

glolaw

Postby glolaw » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:35 pm

Last edited by glolaw on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:09 pm

glolaw wrote:OP here. So I have negotiated Cardozo up to 32K scholarship/year. Same stips. Is UCONN still better? Let me hear your thoughts!!

I'd still say go with UConn. It's 1. Full-ride, 2. Less saturated market, 3. Top school in that market (whereas Cardozo is fighting with Fordham, NYU, Columbia, and every other last worthwhile school in America), 4. Not knocking Judaism, but Yeshiva is pretty religious. They have separate undergrad campuses for men and women and the libraries are closed on the Shabbos, I know I wouldn't feel comfortable with religion that pervasive in my studies, 5. If you lose you scholarship, Cardozo is going to be a lot more expensive than if you lost your scholarship at UConn in-state.

scammedhard

Postby scammedhard » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:37 pm

crossarmant wrote:
glolaw wrote:OP here. So I have negotiated Cardozo up to 32K scholarship/year. Same stips. Is UCONN still better? Let me hear your thoughts!!

I'd still say go with UConn. It's 1. Full-ride, 2. Less saturated market, 3. Top school in that market (whereas Cardozo is fighting with Fordham, NYU, Columbia, and every other last worthwhile school in America), 4. Not knocking Judaism, but Yeshiva is pretty religious. They have separate undergrad campuses for men and women and the libraries are closed on the Shabbos, I know I wouldn't feel comfortable with religion that pervasive in my studies, 5. If you lose you scholarship, Cardozo is going to be a lot more expensive than if you lost your scholarship at UConn in-state.

Go to UConn; and did you ask about your scholarship retention rate?

Robespierre

Postby Robespierre » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:21 pm

crossarmant wrote:

It's a closer call now, but ultimately I agree with crossarmant; his reasons are right on. But again, this assumes you would like to practice in CT (at least to start) and that you've researched the UConn scholly and concluded that it's unlikely you'll lose it.

glolaw

Postby glolaw » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:37 pm

Last edited by glolaw on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enron123

Postby enron123 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:54 am

I hate when GPA stips are mentioned but what the curve is set to is not. Much better way to think about it is I have to be in top x% than maintaining a certain gpa as curves vary.

glolaw

Postby glolaw » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:15 pm

89vision

Postby 89vision » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:57 pm

Congrats!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”