GW v. Fordham

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Fordham v. GW

Poll ended at Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:59 pm

Fordham
13
72%
GW
5
28%
 
Total votes: 18

DAS10
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:46 pm

GW v. Fordham

Postby DAS10 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:59 pm

I was accepted off of Fordham's waitlist and need to decide between GW and Fordham (both at sticker). I would save on living expenses at Fordham because I live within commuting distance. GW is giving me 7k in need-based financial aid (don't know whether Fordham will give me any yet).

I want to practice International Law after I graduate and would prefer to work in NYC after graduation. Any advice or feedback is welcome.

flexityflex86
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: GW v. Fordham

Postby flexityflex86 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:01 pm

DAS10 wrote:I was accepted off of Fordham's waitlist and need to decide between GW and Fordham (both at sticker). I would save on living expenses at Fordham because I live within commuting distance. GW is giving me 7k in need-based financial aid (don't know whether Fordham will give me any yet).

I want to practice International Law after I graduate and would prefer to work in NYC after graduation. Any advice or feedback is welcome.

Fordham for NYC.

Living expenses = 20k a yr.

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: GW v. Fordham

Postby NYC Law » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:06 pm

You want to practice in NYC and Fordham will be significantly cheaper... this seems like a no-brainer

User avatar
TheFutureLawyer
Posts: 3876
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 2:28 pm

Re: GW v. Fordham

Postby TheFutureLawyer » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:15 pm

NYC Law wrote:You want to practice in NYC and Fordham will be significantly cheaper... this seems like a no-brainer

DAS10
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: GW v. Fordham

Postby DAS10 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:51 pm

I thought it was an easy decision too, but I was being given a hard time for choosing a lower-ranked school, and one that wasn't in DC (considering the internships I would have access too), and just needed some reassurance. Thanks for your responses!

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: GW v. Fordham

Postby NYC Law » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:32 pm

DAS10 wrote:I thought it was an easy decision too, but I was being given a hard time for choosing a lower-ranked school, and one that wasn't in DC (considering the internships I would have access too), and just needed some reassurance. Thanks for your responses!


Rankings dont matter. GW/Fordham/BU/BC are all peer schools.

Good luck, and I know what you mean, I passed up some money at BU for Fordham, but in the end its about which school will best help you reach your goals.

User avatar
Blindmelon
Posts: 1708
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:13 am

Re: GW v. Fordham

Postby Blindmelon » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:42 pm

This is easy Fordham.

fingersxd
Posts: 643
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: GW v. Fordham

Postby fingersxd » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:29 pm

Fordham for sure. They are peers, job opportunities In NYC are better for Fordham grads and there plenty of internships in NYC - don't need DC for that.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Specter1389, splitterfromhell, stego, Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests