vandy with $ vs. cornell

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Z3RO

Re: vandy with $ vs. cornell

Postby Z3RO » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:39 pm

Ikki wrote:
Z3RO wrote:I don't see why everybody's ganging up on Emma here. It sounds like she was looking out for OP, and her concern makes perfect sense. I was actually expecting TLS to go after mrwarre85, but I guess the anti-Cornell, pro-Vandy trolling on this board is too intense.

I don't see any anti-Cornell trolling going on. mrwarre85's advice was actually pretty good, I'm matriculating at Cornell and I would advice the OP that he shouldn't pay sticker at a lower T-14.

Fair enough. I knew I was kind of reaching with the "trolling" thing.

Dany

Postby Dany » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:41 pm

Emma1 wrote:You will think of me when you take your ethics class and learn all about disclosure of conflicts of interest!

News flash: it's the fucking internet. So chill out - you're not TLS's moral police.

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:43 pm

Ha Ha! Neither are you :D. Credibility is lost when there is an undisclosed conflict of interest, ie he is on the waitlist at Cornell. Just think he needs to be be fair to the OP. Read other threads. People disclose their conflicts all the time. It is a difficult choice and she needs unbiased opinions. That is what this thread is about.
Last edited by Emma1 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ikki

Postby Ikki » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:47 pm

Emma1 wrote:Ha Ha! Neither are you :D

There it is!

Lord Randolph McDuff

Postby Lord Randolph McDuff » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:08 pm

Emma1 wrote:Ha Ha! Neither are you :D. Credibility is lost when there is an undisclosed conflict of interest, ie he is on the waitlist at Cornell. Just think he needs to be be fair to the OP. Read other threads. People disclose their conflicts all the time. It is a difficult choice and she needs unbiased opinions. That is what this thread is about.

Credibility is lost when I barber tells you that you need a haircut? No, credibility is lost when a barber consistently tells people they need a haircut when they do not. You are a moron. Also, do you have some sort of childhood insecurity that the board has picked up on? Let it go.

I voted for Vandy just because it was cheaper. I have also heard it is hard to get a job in Nashville unless they think you are going to stay around there for a good long while.

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:44 pm

Most of the people on this thread have the OP's interest at heart including me. There are a few here with an angry pack mentality. I have only responded to that. The only thing I did was point out one posters undisclosed conflict of interest. That shouldn't cause the rude remarks by a few here, I would really like to hear what other people think about the issues posed by the OP

Lord Randolph McDuff

Postby Lord Randolph McDuff » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:05 pm

Emma1 wrote:Most of the people on this thread have the OP's interest at heart including me. There are a few here with an angry pack mentality. I have only responded to that. The only thing I did was point out one posters undisclosed conflict of interest. That shouldn't cause the rude remarks by a few here, I would really like to hear what other people think about the issues posed by the OP

No, you unnecessarily chided a poster then came up with illogical rationalizations for doing so then were too stubborn/insecure to let the whole thing go. I'm not jumping on your back because I want other people to like me or because I'm part of some secret internet "angry pack" that is out to get you. I just read the thread and became annoyed that you were still talking so much in it. You are pushing it along in a direction that isn't helpful to the OP. As has been said, let it go.

Full disclosure: I was offered a spot off of Cornell's reserve four days ago and have since withdrawn. I also once had lunch in Nasvhille and really, really liked it there.

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:25 pm

I stand by what I stated earlier. Getting back on track ... OP, any more thoughts on where you may be going?

bella07

Postby bella07 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:24 pm

Lord Randolph McDuff wrote:
Credibility is lost when I barber tells you that you need a haircut? No, credibility is lost when a barber consistently tells people they need a haircut when they do not. You are a moron. Also, do you have some sort of childhood insecurity that the board has picked up on? Let it go.

"you are a moron" ?!?!?! come on, dude! she hardly said anything worth getting so worked up about and i do believe she (just like all of you) was genuinely trying to be helpful. regardless of how anyone feels about what she's saying the ad hominem attacks don't belong on a forum that is supposed to be about advice. just cuz we go to law school doesn't mean we can't be polite;) and again, everyone, thanks so much for your helpful responses.

bella07

Postby bella07 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:38 pm

Emma1 wrote:I stand by what I stated earlier. Getting back on track ... OP, any more thoughts on where you may be going?

vandy's for me. honestly i just don't think a cornell education is worth sticker price esp when you consider that so many schools with better employment prospects and lraps--not to mention higher rankings and more desirable locations--charge less.

there were about 24 hours when i was seriously considering cornell. but the kid with an undisclosed bias can take my spot and spend his $300,000. us poor kids gotta stick to the scholly $.

Emma1

Postby Emma1 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:09 pm

Congrats on your decision! Love Vanderbilt!

fingersxd

Postby fingersxd » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:46 pm

Emma1 wrote:Congrats on your decision! Love Vanderbilt!

+1

Return to “Choosing a Law School”