Help me out, in quite a pickle Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
chuckz1487

New

Help me out, in quite a pickle

Post by chuckz1487 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Hey guys, first time posting and im sure ppl have posted like this a million of times but i gotta customize this one to me. I just grad undergrad with a 3.1/149. nothing amazing but i realized that and have accepted i wont be getting to anything amazing. however my choices now which i have been accepted to are Pheonix School of Law, Florida Coastal, Charlotte School of Law, Texas Southern, and University of Arkansas Bowen.

I know these arent excellent schools but what would you all recommend i do, which would you all chose? i would not be willing to retake the lsat just cuz if i have to sit out a year i would rather go teach abroad and i knwo myself i wouldnt come back to law. so of those choices what would you all do..... thanks guys, once again i know reading this posts are boring as hell. but i need the help. thanks fellas.

t3hevildonut

New

Re: Help me out, in quite a pickle

Post by t3hevildonut » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:42 pm

Last edited by t3hevildonut on Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:43 pm

Do not attend law school.

dr123

Gold

Post by dr123 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:43 pm

if you refuse to retake, then Id suggest exploring other options

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:48 pm

I like pickles. Arkansas, therefore, is the correct answer. For confirmation, you may want to start a poll.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chuckz1487

New

Post by chuckz1487 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:51 pm

so much hate so fast, whatever ill take it. so is arkansas the safe bet here?

Z3RO

Silver

Post by Z3RO » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:52 pm

Sounds like you should teach abroad. If you're still interested in pursuing law after a year or so, then have another go at the LSAT. Personally, I applied to law school, because I'm interested in law more than anything else. If I thought that I would be almost as happy doing something else that didn't involve the nightmare that is debt+bad employment prospects, I would have been on it in a heartbeat.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:56 pm

Arkansas, in my opinion, is clearly the best option if you have in-state tuition; if not, then work abroad & retake the LSAT to create better options for yourself.

chuckz1487

New

Post by chuckz1487 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:57 pm

as much as i would love to teach abroad, i see my future in the law profession. although my school choice might suffer due to my undergrad actions, in the current state i am in, i need to chose one of these schools and make the commitment to do all 3years. does anyone have any input? and please make it relating to law school :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:58 pm

Are you a resident of Arkansas ?

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:59 pm

The best option would be to teach abroad and not come back to law.

If you must do law, go to Arkansas.

chuckz1487

New

Post by chuckz1487 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:00 pm

woot woot, k thanks guys. you all ahve a fun summer

RaleighStClair

Bronze

Post by RaleighStClair » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:02 pm

NYC Law wrote:The best option would be to teach abroad and not come back to law.

If you must do law, go to Arkansas.
+1

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TheFactor

Silver

Post by TheFactor » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:25 pm

t3hevildonut wrote:
chuckz1487 wrote:Hey guys, first time posting and im sure ppl have posted like this a million of times but i gotta customize this one to me. I just grad undergrad with a 3.1/149. nothing amazing but i realized that and have accepted i wont be getting to anything amazing. however my choices now which i have been accepted to are Pheonix School of Law, Florida Coastal, Charlotte School of Law, Texas Southern, and University of Arkansas Bowen.

I know these arent excellent schools but what would you all recommend i do, which would you all chose? i would not be willing to retake the lsat just cuz if i have to sit out a year i would rather go teach abroad and i knwo myself i wouldnt come back to law. so of those choices what would you all do..... thanks guys, once again i know reading this posts are boring as hell. but i need the help. thanks fellas.
Flame.

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:34 pm

Flame
You guys know people actually attend these schools right?

TheFactor

Silver

Post by TheFactor » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:11 pm

NYC Law wrote:
Flame
I called flame because the way the OP was written, not because s/he is planning to attend a TTTT.

esq

Silver

Post by esq » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:14 pm

TheFactor wrote:
NYC Law wrote:
Flame
I called flame because the way the OP was written, not because s/he is planning to attend a TTTT.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

IronHBM

New

Post by IronHBM » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:10 am

If I were OP, I'd choose to teach abroad rather than graduate from TTTT with massive debt. The former actually sounds like it would quite be satisfying.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:17 am

chuckz1487 wrote:Hey guys, first time posting and im sure ppl have posted like this a million of times but i gotta customize this one to me. I just grad undergrad with a 3.1/149. nothing amazing but i realized that and have accepted i wont be getting to anything amazing. however my choices now which i have been accepted to are Pheonix School of Law, Florida Coastal, Charlotte School of Law, Texas Southern, and University of Arkansas Bowen.

If this is true, then why do you want to be a lawyer. It makes no sense. If you can convince yourself to not go, you should do that

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”