Help me out, in quite a pickle

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
chuckz1487
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:01 pm

Help me out, in quite a pickle

Postby chuckz1487 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Hey guys, first time posting and im sure ppl have posted like this a million of times but i gotta customize this one to me. I just grad undergrad with a 3.1/149. nothing amazing but i realized that and have accepted i wont be getting to anything amazing. however my choices now which i have been accepted to are Pheonix School of Law, Florida Coastal, Charlotte School of Law, Texas Southern, and University of Arkansas Bowen.

I know these arent excellent schools but what would you all recommend i do, which would you all chose? i would not be willing to retake the lsat just cuz if i have to sit out a year i would rather go teach abroad and i knwo myself i wouldnt come back to law. so of those choices what would you all do..... thanks guys, once again i know reading this posts are boring as hell. but i need the help. thanks fellas.

t3hevildonut
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:59 pm

Re: Help me out, in quite a pickle

Postby t3hevildonut » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:42 pm

.
Last edited by t3hevildonut on Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8442
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: Help me out, in quite a pickle

Postby thesealocust » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:43 pm

Do not attend law school.

User avatar
dr123
Posts: 3503
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:38 am

Re: Help me out, in quite a pickle

Postby dr123 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:43 pm

if you refuse to retake, then Id suggest exploring other options

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Help me out, in quite a pickle

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:48 pm

I like pickles. Arkansas, therefore, is the correct answer. For confirmation, you may want to start a poll.

chuckz1487
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:01 pm

Re: Help me out, in quite a pickle

Postby chuckz1487 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:51 pm

so much hate so fast, whatever ill take it. so is arkansas the safe bet here?

Z3RO
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:57 am

Re: Help me out, in quite a pickle

Postby Z3RO » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:52 pm

Sounds like you should teach abroad. If you're still interested in pursuing law after a year or so, then have another go at the LSAT. Personally, I applied to law school, because I'm interested in law more than anything else. If I thought that I would be almost as happy doing something else that didn't involve the nightmare that is debt+bad employment prospects, I would have been on it in a heartbeat.

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Help me out, in quite a pickle

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:56 pm

Arkansas, in my opinion, is clearly the best option if you have in-state tuition; if not, then work abroad & retake the LSAT to create better options for yourself.

chuckz1487
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:01 pm

Re: Help me out, in quite a pickle

Postby chuckz1487 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:57 pm

as much as i would love to teach abroad, i see my future in the law profession. although my school choice might suffer due to my undergrad actions, in the current state i am in, i need to chose one of these schools and make the commitment to do all 3years. does anyone have any input? and please make it relating to law school :)

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Help me out, in quite a pickle

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:58 pm

Are you a resident of Arkansas ?

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Help me out, in quite a pickle

Postby NYC Law » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:59 pm

The best option would be to teach abroad and not come back to law.

If you must do law, go to Arkansas.

chuckz1487
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:01 pm

Re: Help me out, in quite a pickle

Postby chuckz1487 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:00 pm

woot woot, k thanks guys. you all ahve a fun summer

User avatar
RaleighStClair
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 12:10 am

Re: Help me out, in quite a pickle

Postby RaleighStClair » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:02 pm

NYC Law wrote:The best option would be to teach abroad and not come back to law.

If you must do law, go to Arkansas.


+1

TheFactor
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: Help me out, in quite a pickle

Postby TheFactor » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:25 pm

t3hevildonut wrote:
chuckz1487 wrote:Hey guys, first time posting and im sure ppl have posted like this a million of times but i gotta customize this one to me. I just grad undergrad with a 3.1/149. nothing amazing but i realized that and have accepted i wont be getting to anything amazing. however my choices now which i have been accepted to are Pheonix School of Law, Florida Coastal, Charlotte School of Law, Texas Southern, and University of Arkansas Bowen.

I know these arent excellent schools but what would you all recommend i do, which would you all chose? i would not be willing to retake the lsat just cuz if i have to sit out a year i would rather go teach abroad and i knwo myself i wouldnt come back to law. so of those choices what would you all do..... thanks guys, once again i know reading this posts are boring as hell. but i need the help. thanks fellas.


Flame.

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Help me out, in quite a pickle

Postby NYC Law » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:34 pm

Flame

You guys know people actually attend these schools right?

TheFactor
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: Help me out, in quite a pickle

Postby TheFactor » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:11 pm

NYC Law wrote:
Flame

You guys know people actually attend these schools right?

I called flame because the way the OP was written, not because s/he is planning to attend a TTTT.

User avatar
esq
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: Help me out, in quite a pickle

Postby esq » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:14 pm

TheFactor wrote:
NYC Law wrote:
Flame

You guys know people actually attend these schools right?

I called flame because the way the OP was written, not because s/he is planning to attend a TTTT.

IronHBM
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:21 pm

Re: Help me out, in quite a pickle

Postby IronHBM » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:10 am

If I were OP, I'd choose to teach abroad rather than graduate from TTTT with massive debt. The former actually sounds like it would quite be satisfying.

User avatar
Lawquacious
Posts: 2037
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:36 am

Re: Help me out, in quite a pickle

Postby Lawquacious » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:14 am


User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Help me out, in quite a pickle

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:17 am

chuckz1487 wrote:Hey guys, first time posting and im sure ppl have posted like this a million of times but i gotta customize this one to me. I just grad undergrad with a 3.1/149. nothing amazing but i realized that and have accepted i wont be getting to anything amazing. however my choices now which i have been accepted to are Pheonix School of Law, Florida Coastal, Charlotte School of Law, Texas Southern, and University of Arkansas Bowen.

I know these arent excellent schools but what would you all recommend i do, which would you all chose? i would not be willing to retake the lsat just cuz if i have to sit out a year i would rather go teach abroad and i knwo myself i wouldnt come back to law. so of those choices what would you all do..... thanks guys, once again i know reading this posts are boring as hell. but i need the help. thanks fellas.

If this is true, then why do you want to be a lawyer. It makes no sense. If you can convince yourself to not go, you should do that




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 4 guests