Best gay scenes

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
D-hops
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: Best gay scenes

Postby D-hops » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:53 am

f0bolous wrote:
Cupidity wrote:And . . . after reading the rest of the thread above my post, shut the fuck up 0Ls. Just because a school is located in a big, queer, city like NYC or San Fran doesn't automatically mean that the school caters to gays. I visited all these schools and personally evaluated the gay culture at each. UVA has a better gay scene than any school except for BU. Neither NYU or Columbia are as gay friendly as Penn or Cornell. Your hypothetical generalizations are not useful to OP.


gay scene ≠ the scene at the school (or that the school caters to the gays). there's no doubt in my mind penn or cornell (not so sure about UVA) are probably more "gay friendly" than GULC, but for a whore on a mission, he'll get better quality tricks in DC than in Philly or Ithaca.


:lol:

User avatar
sanjola
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Best gay scenes

Postby sanjola » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:15 pm

NYU

/thread

tspence13
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 1:16 pm

Re: Best gay scenes

Postby tspence13 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:12 pm

f0bolous wrote:
Cupidity wrote:And . . . after reading the rest of the thread above my post, shut the fuck up 0Ls. Just because a school is located in a big, queer, city like NYC or San Fran doesn't automatically mean that the school caters to gays. I visited all these schools and personally evaluated the gay culture at each. UVA has a better gay scene than any school except for BU. Neither NYU or Columbia are as gay friendly as Penn or Cornell. Your hypothetical generalizations are not useful to OP.


gay scene ≠ the scene at the school (or that the school caters to the gays). there's no doubt in my mind penn or cornell (not so sure about UVA) are probably more "gay friendly" than GULC, but for a whore on a mission, he'll get better quality tricks in DC than in Philly or Ithaca.


Should I perhaps describe myself as such on my application?

But, seriously, I want to hear about the scene at schools like UVA because my chances at the schools in NY are slim and I would probably prefer to go to a higher ranking school than Fordham. BU sounds awesome, but if I have a chance to go to a T15 with a fat scholarship I would take it, granted that my social life would not be taken out back and put to sleep.

User avatar
schwar46
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 9:06 pm

Re: Best gay scenes

Postby schwar46 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:06 am

Harvard=Cambridge=Gay.

User avatar
shepdawg
Posts: 477
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: Best gay scenes

Postby shepdawg » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:51 pm

Hell?

tspence13
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 1:16 pm

Re: Best gay scenes

Postby tspence13 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:32 pm

schwar46 wrote:Harvard=Cambridge=Gay.


I am not getting into Harvard. Somebody tell me about BU/BC!

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Best gay scenes

Postby Cupidity » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:51 pm

tspence13 wrote:
schwar46 wrote:Harvard=Cambridge=Gay.


I am not getting into Harvard. Somebody tell me about BU/BC!


What do you want to know about BU?

tspence13
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 1:16 pm

Re: Best gay scenes

Postby tspence13 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:19 pm

Cupidity wrote:
tspence13 wrote:
schwar46 wrote:Harvard=Cambridge=Gay.


I am not getting into Harvard. Somebody tell me about BU/BC!


What do you want to know about BU?



Well you answered basically all my questions about BU, in fact the only concern I have now is whether or not I am going to get in because Calculus brought my GPA down to a 3.7, and whether or not I will get any money. (Lots of softs, 170 LSATs)

Nobody has given much info on BC though!

mikey101
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: Best gay scenes

Postby mikey101 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:31 pm

tspence13 wrote:
Cupidity wrote:
tspence13 wrote:
schwar46 wrote:Harvard=Cambridge=Gay.


I am not getting into Harvard. Somebody tell me about BU/BC!


What do you want to know about BU?



Well you answered basically all my questions about BU, in fact the only concern I have now is whether or not I am going to get in because Calculus brought my GPA down to a 3.7, and whether or not I will get any money. (Lots of softs, 170 LSATs)

Nobody has given much info on BC though!


With a 3.7/170+ you are a shoe in at BU/BC with $$$ unless you're YPed... you should be looking at $$ from the lower T14. Frankly gay community / scene in the area should really only be a criterion if you're down to essentially peer schools at about equal cost. I'm not saying your question is not worthwhile, but don't use it as a deciding factor by any means. No T1 school is going to have an oppressive or homophobic environment, it's mostly about the size of the lgbt community at ur school and in the surrounding area...

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Best gay scenes

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:58 pm

well Minneapolis Pride is going on, and all I can say is this is fucking awesome

User avatar
monarchylover
Posts: 199
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 5:17 pm

Re: Best gay scenes

Postby monarchylover » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:55 pm


SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Best gay scenes

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:42 am

shepdawg wrote:Hell?

GTFO

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: Best gay scenes

Postby dasani13 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:36 am




lol that has a funny title, "likely homosexual households."

But that list doesn't really say much- Wilton Manor is tiny so even if the percentage is high, the gay scene is concentrated in only one long street, Wilton Manor Drive, and that's about it (with a few exceptions scattered around Fort Lauderdale). So you can't even compare it to cities like NYC or LA.

User avatar
Moxie
Posts: 665
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Best gay scenes

Postby Moxie » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:41 am

tspence13 wrote:
Cupidity wrote:
tspence13 wrote:
schwar46 wrote:Harvard=Cambridge=Gay.


I am not getting into Harvard. Somebody tell me about BU/BC!


What do you want to know about BU?



Well you answered basically all my questions about BU, in fact the only concern I have now is whether or not I am going to get in because Calculus brought my GPA down to a 3.7, and whether or not I will get any money. (Lots of softs, 170 LSATs)

Nobody has given much info on BC though!


I went to BC for UG - BC is a Catholic school but gay students feel right at home (I had gay roommates all four years). While there aren't a lot of gay bars/clubs out in Newton near the law school, take the T into Boston and you'll find whatever you're looking for.

On the whole though, I would imagine BU has more GLBTQ students than BC, and would assume the "scene" is a bit better.

sharklasers
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: Best gay scenes

Postby sharklasers » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:11 am

I really liked those chicks in Bound.

User avatar
D-hops
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: Best gay scenes

Postby D-hops » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:13 am

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
shepdawg wrote:Hell?

GTFO


You have to admit, with all the fire and brimstone and the gays it is like a sexy Halloween party down there.

de5igual
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: Best gay scenes

Postby de5igual » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:20 am

D-hops wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
shepdawg wrote:Hell?

GTFO


You have to admit, with all the fire and brimstone and the gays it is like a sexy Halloween party down there.


Welcome to Hell :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
--ImageRemoved--




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], muggleclutch and 2 guests