Are either UC Hastings or UC Davis worth sticker?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
notaznguy

Are either UC Hastings or UC Davis worth sticker?

Postby notaznguy » Sun May 29, 2011 4:30 pm

So for context, read this thread first

--LinkRemoved--

But anyways, UC Davis and UC Hastings are probably the lowest ranked schools I would go to. I wouldn't want to go to law school if I couldn't get into either of these 2 schools or higher, meaning I would never attend schools like Pepperdine or Loyola for sticker. As you can tell, I'm from California and I only want to attend law school in California because I want to stay in the state.

Assuming I don't do amazingly well on my LSAT and get something around 163-164, and got into Davis and Hastings, would it be worth it to still go to Davis or Hastings, assuming I'd have to pay full sticker or near full sticker?

imbored25

Re: Are either UC Hastings or UC Davis worth sticker?

Postby imbored25 » Sun May 29, 2011 4:55 pm

take the LSAT first

shoeshine

Postby shoeshine » Sun May 29, 2011 4:58 pm

--ImageRemoved--

jeninamillion

Postby jeninamillion » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:16 am

notaznguy wrote:So for context, read this thread first

--LinkRemoved--

But anyways, UC Davis and UC Hastings are probably the lowest ranked schools I would go to. I wouldn't want to go to law school if I couldn't get into either of these 2 schools or higher, meaning I would never attend schools like Pepperdine or Loyola for sticker. As you can tell, I'm from California and I only want to attend law school in California because I want to stay in the state.

Assuming I don't do amazingly well on my LSAT and get something around 163-164, and got into Davis and Hastings, would it be worth it to still go to Davis or Hastings, assuming I'd have to pay full sticker or near full sticker?

I think I was/am in the same situation. I've lived in California all my life and very little is going to convince me to go out of state. I would only for CCN (HYS is out of the question for me because of my GPA). Before I started studying for the LSAT I told myself that if I can't get into USC, I'm not going. I think this mindset really motivated me during the PTs. I think the short answer would be that it's not worth attending those school for full price, because I don't really think it's worth attending them period. Don't go into studying for the lsat with the lowest score you can live with. This is going to sound corny, but aim high (but realistically). Write that number down on post-its and put them everywhere in your room.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:19 am

No, but as a Cali resident, they are worth going to for a small scholarship like 10-15K per year depending on career goals

Return to “Choosing a Law School”