GULC v. GW- Law School Transparency Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
3ThrowAway99

Gold

GULC v. GW- Law School Transparency

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Tue May 24, 2011 3:15 am

OK, so I am a fairly big GULC fan (family legacy) and think its an awesome law school regardless of the haterzz. :lol: I know that the employment prospects haven't been so hot there though (compared with other T14, or with T13 as the case may be), so I wasn't too surprised to see the Law School Transparency graph show that they have only about 50% listed in private sector work with known reported salaries (many of which where reported as paying around market for major cities- perhaps 40%).

What surprised the heck out of me was seeing that the GW graph looked almost identical as far as I could tell (or maybe even slightly better). Am I missing something here? I know GULC isn't so hot employment-wise, especially compared to many of the other top law schools, but I had the impression that GW was nowhere close to GULC or other top schools. If the LST data off for GW? Are the impression of some posters on here who tend to look much higher upon GULC that GW (in terms of firm employment) off? Most of the graphs on LST seemed close to what I would have thought for various schools, but the GW one really threw me.....

aliarrow

Silver

Re: GULC v. GW- Law School Transparency

Post by aliarrow » Tue May 24, 2011 3:24 am

I double checked my data and the results seem to match up; GW does actually seem slightly better than GULC just by looking at grads employed full time, and by looking at salary data. GULC does, however, still have higher NLJ250 placement (roughly 10% higher). So I guess you could make the conclusion GULC grads still find more prestigious employment? Even though I don't know that there's a real correlation between NLJ250 and prestige.

I'm guessing this discrepancy is due to all the IP kids at GW giving a somewhat artificial boost and the Part-Time program at GULC deflating the numbers a bit.

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Tue May 24, 2011 3:29 am

aliarrow wrote:I double checked my data and the results seem to match up; GW does actually seem slightly better than GULC just by looking at grads employed full time, and by looking at salary data. GULC does, however, still have higher NLJ250 placement (roughly 10% higher). So I guess you could make the conclusion GULC grads still find more prestigious employment? Even though I don't know that there's a real correlation between NLJ250 and prestige.

I'm guessing this discrepancy is due to all the IP kids at GW giving a somewhat artificial boost and the Part-Time program at GULC deflating the numbers a bit.

Dude, that's awesome- thanks for the post, and the link to the other thread!

Gideon Strumpet

Bronze

Post by Gideon Strumpet » Tue May 24, 2011 5:32 am

Lawquacious wrote:Am I missing something here?
No.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”