University of Texas or ASU for Arizona BigLaw?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
legaleagle9

University of Texas or ASU for Arizona BigLaw?

Postby legaleagle9 » Sat May 21, 2011 3:36 pm

I was just wondering: If one wanted BigLaw in Phoenix, would UT be the best option since its the highest ranked law firm in the southwest? or would the local but much less ranked Arizona State be the better option?

Thanks alot!

scammedhard

Re: University of Texas or ASU for Arizona BigLaw?

Postby scammedhard » Sat May 21, 2011 3:41 pm

legaleagle9 wrote:I was just wondering: If one wanted BigLaw in Phoenix, would UT be the best option since its the highest ranked law firm in the southwest? or would the local but much less ranked Arizona State be the better option?

Thanks alot!

Tough question. I'd say to go to UT and try to get BigLaw anywhere (that by itself is pretty hard) and then wait for an opportunity to lateral to Phoenix.

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Sat May 21, 2011 3:53 pm

Texas. Travels well to AZ if you've got ties to the area, and the three biglaw markets in Texas are not going to be available to you from ASU or UofA.

uzpakalis

Postby uzpakalis » Sat May 21, 2011 5:31 pm

UT. Odds of landing biglaw out of ASU/UA, even in AZ are < 10%. Odds of landing biglaw from UT somewhere are much greater. Like the poster above said, you can try to lateral later on if you don't land your dream job in PHX. Good luck!

Question: if you got into UT, did you not get a substantial scholly to ASU/UA? ASU/UA for free might be better than UT at sticker regardless.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”