University of San Diego vs. Santa Clara Law

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
SamwiseLA

University of San Diego vs. Santa Clara Law

Postby SamwiseLA » Thu May 19, 2011 1:45 pm

I'm having an insanely difficult time deciding between these two schools, USD and Santa Clara. This is due to the fact I want to practice law in intellectual property law, which Santa Clara is known for, but I want to practice in Southern California, particularly in San Diego (I presently live in Los Angeles, and would kill to live in San Diego).

The question comes down to what's more important- a better education or studying in the city I want to live in. I hear the word "mediocre" floated around about San Diego frequently, but I hear very mixed reactions to Santa Clara.

Their statistics are comparable (bar passage rate is higher at Santa Clara, but employment #'s seem better for San Diego) and I do think Santa Clara could give me more options about where in California I go after graduation... but does that matter if I just end up in San Diego anyway?

Also, I'm sticker price with both schools.

Anyone with personal experience with either of these schools, I plead to you. Anyone else, please, your opinions are welcomed. Oh, yeah, and I need to make a decision by the end of the week (May 20th).

Grizz

Re: University of San Diego vs. Santa Clara Law

Postby Grizz » Thu May 19, 2011 1:47 pm

At sticker, emphatically neither, even with IP. Just too expensive. Even with IP. I recommend retaking and reapplying.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”