USC vs. Hastings Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
picklebarrel

New

USC vs. Hastings

Post by picklebarrel » Thu May 19, 2011 12:52 pm

I hate making these threads but here goes. I'm WL at USC but I'm just trying to come to a decision on this matter just in case I have to quickly respond to an offer.

I live in Los Angeles. I could live with parents to cut down on costs but it certainly wouldn't be ideal. I've been wanting to get out of SoCal just to try something different, and I do like northern california, but I'd like to make my decision based on quality of school alone.

Edit: Should have included more info. I want a public interest/government job. Specifically interested in land use/urban planning/environmental law. No interest in BigLaw.

dpk711

Silver

Re: USC vs. Hastings

Post by dpk711 » Fri May 20, 2011 12:03 am

USC is significantly better. Did Hastings give you $$$?

Gideon Strumpet

Bronze

Post by Gideon Strumpet » Fri May 20, 2011 12:07 am

Poll please. Seriously. Replying to these threads is a waste of time.

dpk711

Silver

Post by dpk711 » Fri May 20, 2011 12:10 am

Gideon Strumpet wrote:Poll please. Seriously. Replying to these threads is a waste of time.
I do agree about the poll. But seriously? At least half your post history is related to demanding a POLL.

Gideon Strumpet

Bronze

Post by Gideon Strumpet » Fri May 20, 2011 12:14 am

dpk711 wrote:
Gideon Strumpet wrote:Poll please. Seriously. Replying to these threads is a waste of time.
I do agree about the poll. But seriously? At least half your post history is related to demanding a POLL.
Don't be hyperbolic. Also; see how much trouble a poll would avoid?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Older Chest

Bronze

Post by Older Chest » Fri May 20, 2011 12:23 am

dpk711 wrote:
The guy sounds like a poll whore. You, dpk, are a fantastic poster, and your dedication to TLS is fantastic.

OP - USC is significantly better than Hastings. If your aspiration is to get out of Southern California, you can probably do better than investing in excess of $200k. While Hastings still carries some name brand recognition in California, especially with seasoned lawyers, the job placement statistics are simply not that strong these days.

Check out --LinkRemoved--

I would take USC over Hastings (especially if both are at full price). Good luck getting off the wait list.

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Fri May 20, 2011 12:25 am

Somebody's on dpk's nuts...

Edit: damn typo

Older Chest

Bronze

Post by Older Chest » Fri May 20, 2011 12:31 am

chimp wrote:Somebody's on dpk's nuts...

But I do prefer your avatar. It may even be my favorite.

I'm just saying, no one wants to think of themselves as another poll. I can respect where OP is coming from in this instance, and they are only looking for the advice of a few influential posters. That being said, he/she needs to find a way off the wait list at USC, or this is all a moot point.

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Fri May 20, 2011 12:35 am

Older Chest wrote:
chimp wrote:Somebody's on dpk's nuts...

But I do prefer your avatar. It may even be my favorite.

I'm just saying, no one wants to think of themselves as another poll. I can respect where OP is coming from in this instance, and they are only looking for the advice of a few influential posters. That being said, he/she needs to find a way off the wait list at USC, or this is all a moot point.
Thank you and I agree with you. I too am on USC's waitlist so I can sympathize with OP.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Salty

New

Post by Salty » Fri May 20, 2011 2:40 am

Because of your stated career goals, I don't think this is an easy choice. While USC probably has the advantage in firm jobs, the LRAP at Hastings is significantly better. If you for sure know you PI or Gov I would say Hastings.

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Fri May 20, 2011 2:59 pm

any money involved?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”