Big Gov/PI in D.C.

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
coldshoulder

Big Gov/PI in D.C.

Postby coldshoulder » Tue May 17, 2011 11:01 pm

I know people here love to troll GTown, but for federal employment in DC within the bottom half of the T14, wouldn't GTown be a great option?
Also, is GTown splitter friendly? (Right below the 25th GPA, right above the 75th LSAT).

BruceWayne

Re: Big Gov/PI in D.C.

Postby BruceWayne » Tue May 17, 2011 11:08 pm

Obviously. You'll have externship options in Fed Government (including DOJ) that other top 14 students simply won't have. That's obviously an advantage.

Postby 09042014 » Tue May 17, 2011 11:09 pm

BruceWayne wrote:Obviously. You'll have externship options in Fed Government (including DOJ) that other top 14 students simply won't have. That's obviously an advantage.

Taken by the thousands of GULC grads in the top third of their class.

BruceWayne

Postby BruceWayne » Tue May 17, 2011 11:15 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
BruceWayne wrote:Obviously. You'll have externship options in Fed Government (including DOJ) that other top 14 students simply won't have. That's obviously an advantage.

Sometimes I wonder why people even post things like this. Did you think that was novel or something? No joke higher grades mean higher chances at a good job. Did you think he was unaware that employers ask for transcripts? I don't even think he asked anything that would make your comment relevant.

Postby 09042014 » Tue May 17, 2011 11:17 pm

BruceWayne wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Sometimes I wonder why people even post things like this. Did you think that was novel or something? No joke higher grades mean higher chances at a good job. Did you think he was unaware that employers ask for transcripts? I don't even think he asked anything that would make your comment relevant.

Well I was partially joking about the thousands of Gulc grads in the top 1/3rd. But I actually lazily misread the OP. I thought he was asking about being in the bottom half of his class at a T14. When he was actually asking about the bottom t14. My bad.

Corwin

Postby Corwin » Tue May 17, 2011 11:18 pm

coldshoulder wrote:I know people here love to troll GTown, but for federal employment in DC within the bottom half of the T14, wouldn't GTown be a great option?
Also, is GTown splitter friendly? (Right below the 25th GPA, right above the 75th LSAT).

You have a great shot at Georgetown if you are at a 3.4 and 172. Last cycle there was zero rjects, one waitlist (for a guy who submitted his app in Jan), and a ton of accepts.

coldshoulder

Postby coldshoulder » Tue May 17, 2011 11:20 pm

Corwin wrote:
coldshoulder wrote:I know people here love to troll GTown, but for federal employment in DC within the bottom half of the T14, wouldn't GTown be a great option?

You have a great shot at Georgetown if you are at a 3.4 and 172. Last cycle there was zero rjects, one waitlist (for a guy who submitted his app in Jan), and a ton of accepts.

Thanks for the check, I had looked at TLS Stats and LSN, but I wanted to here anecdotal info and just some other people's responses. Thanks.

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Wed May 18, 2011 8:02 pm

FWIW, in the Class of 2009 GULC placed ~19% in Government or PI. Obviously the nature of those positions is unknown, but it's still a pretty big number. Not to mention that even if it's non prestigious PI/gov work, it's still LRAP eligible, and their LRAP is one of Gtown's bigger selling points.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”