UVA or BC - no $$$

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
crankyankees
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:46 pm

UVA or BC - no $$$

Postby crankyankees » Mon May 16, 2011 4:49 pm

this might seem like a no brainer to some but I figured I'd put it out there anyways...BC or UVA? no scholly at BC and most likely no money from UVA. I was pretty much set on BC until I found out about UVA and I'm seriously considering sending in my deposit there. I have a week.

bfaiken
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:50 am

Re: UVA or BC - no $$$

Postby bfaiken » Mon May 16, 2011 4:53 pm

crankyankees wrote:this might seem like a no brainer to some but I figured I'd put it out there anyways.


You already know what everyone on TLS will say, and I'm not any different. Plus, if you come to UVA, you can hang out with me! If that doesn't sway you, then the fact that it's a better school at roughly the same cost probably should.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18424
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: UVA or BC - no $$$

Postby bk1 » Mon May 16, 2011 4:54 pm

UVa without a doubt.

wojo96
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:51 am

Re: UVA or BC - no $$$

Postby wojo96 » Mon May 16, 2011 4:55 pm

Do you have ties to either location (DC/Bos)?

Regardless, if you (or your 'rents) are paying full boat, feel like UVA is a no-brainer regardless of future legal aspirations or regional affinities.

User avatar
loblaw
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: UVA or BC - no $$$

Postby loblaw » Mon May 16, 2011 5:08 pm

Woah, how did you get no $$ from BC?

UVA for sure. Did you do anything special to get off the waitlist there?

wojo96
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:51 am

Re: UVA or BC - no $$$

Postby wojo96 » Mon May 16, 2011 5:15 pm

loblaw wrote:Woah, how did you get no $$ from BC?


My thought exactly. In light of the UVA acceptance, have you considered reaching out to BC to negotiate?

User avatar
crankyankees
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:46 pm

Re: UVA or BC - no $$$

Postby crankyankees » Mon May 16, 2011 5:21 pm

i sent in a loci after the waitlist, but they waitlisted me a few months ago and i haven't done anything since. I have some family in Boston but nothing that would keep me from making a decision. I'm 99% positive i'm sending in my deposit there, just needed peer reassurance.

I didn't really expect anything from anywhere, so I guess I just accepted not getting anything from BC. But the first thing I did after getting the call was draft an e-mail to BC. They've been surprisingly unresponsive regarding housing, aid, etc. so I don't know how this will go.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest