.Bump Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Where would you live?

DC
15%
Miami
6%
Orlando
1%
Jacksonville
1%
NYC
14%
ATL
3%
Chicago
12%
Boston
11%
Charlotte, NC
8%
San Diego, CA
28%

Total votes: 203

ilovesf

Diamond

Re: Where would you live?

Post by ilovesf » Thu May 19, 2011 4:06 am

SF. If I really had to pick one of the choices, then Chicago.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Thu May 19, 2011 4:08 am

Dany wrote:California obviously.
FTFM :mrgreen: <3 <3

gjr8891

New

Post by gjr8891 » Thu May 19, 2011 10:34 am

:? I can't believe San Diego is winning. Visiting the city is great, but the idea of living there makes me cringe.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Thu May 19, 2011 10:38 am

ahduth wrote: Who on earth actually wants to live in Boston? Really? That city is... full of shitty weather and generic people. Maybe I hung out with too many college students the times I visited.

At least San Diego is still the clear winner. Some people on this site have sense.
Oh, so you're one of those ignorant assholes who comes to Boston to visit people going to BU and mistakes the BU student ghetto for the actual city. By all means, stay in California. We don't like your brand of hippie out here anyway.

I spent two weeks in San Diego. Had a wonderful time. Could never stand living there, though. Don't like the people and your transit sucks.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Thu May 19, 2011 10:57 am

San Diego isn't really hippie CA, though. It's very military. When I was there, it was also only 70 degrees in the middle of July, which was disappointing (since I was 12 and wanted to go swimming).

I think all of these places have pros and cons and there is more to picking a law school then just "which city is most awesome".

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Thu May 19, 2011 11:05 am

keg411 wrote:San Diego isn't really hippie CA, though. It's very military. When I was there, it was also only 70 degrees in the middle of July, which was disappointing (since I was 12 and wanted to go swimming).
1) Why can you not go swimming when it's 70?

2) The only thing military I remember about San Diego was the base. I didn't encounter a military personality or vibe when out in the city.

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Thu May 19, 2011 11:40 am

paratactical wrote:
ahduth wrote: Who on earth actually wants to live in Boston? Really? That city is... full of shitty weather and generic people. Maybe I hung out with too many college students the times I visited.

At least San Diego is still the clear winner. Some people on this site have sense.
Oh, so you're one of those ignorant assholes who comes to Boston to visit people going to BU and mistakes the BU student ghetto for the actual city. By all means, stay in California. We don't like your brand of hippie out here anyway.

I spent two weeks in San Diego. Had a wonderful time. Could never stand living there, though. Don't like the people and your transit sucks.
The funny thing about it is that Boston has so many colleges that most of those college students are from outside of the city. And people whine too much about weather IMO. I like having four seasons. My favorite seasons are spring and fall. However, that last winter....well that was something else.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Thu May 19, 2011 11:43 am

Non-Chalant1 wrote:The funny thing about it is that Boston has so many colleges that most of those college students are from outside of the city. And people whine too much about weather IMO. I like having four seasons. My favorite seasons are spring and fall. However, that last winter....well that was something else.
Last winter was kinda fun. I don't mind the snow. It's when the wind chill takes the temp into the negatives, but that doesn't happen very often. I need seasons. I also need to be in a real sports city.

dc1s

New

Post by dc1s » Thu May 19, 2011 11:45 am

beachbum wrote:San Diego is the greatest city in America, bar none.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Thu May 19, 2011 11:49 am

paratactical wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:The funny thing about it is that Boston has so many colleges that most of those college students are from outside of the city. And people whine too much about weather IMO. I like having four seasons. My favorite seasons are spring and fall. However, that last winter....well that was something else.
Last winter was kinda fun. I don't mind the snow. It's when the wind chill takes the temp into the negatives, but that doesn't happen very often. I need seasons. I also need to be in a real sports city.
Not when you go to college out of state and come back home to a blizzard LOL. I really enjoyed shoveling that. :evil: But yeah wind chill scares me, not the snow.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Thu May 19, 2011 11:51 am

Non-Chalant1 wrote:
paratactical wrote:
Not when you go to college out of state and come back home to a blizzard LOL. I really enjoyed shoveling that. :evil: But yeah wind chill scares me, not the snow.
I had to rent a car and drive back from Christmas because the airlines wouldn't get me back in time for work. It was awful.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Thu May 19, 2011 1:16 pm

paratactical wrote:
keg411 wrote:San Diego isn't really hippie CA, though. It's very military. When I was there, it was also only 70 degrees in the middle of July, which was disappointing (since I was 12 and wanted to go swimming).

2) The only thing military I remember about San Diego was the base. I didn't encounter a military personality or vibe when out in the city.
1) I don't know. I was 12 and was told it was "too cold". I was pretty much conditioned that 80's = swimming weather; 70's = nice, but not swimming weather.

2) Like I said, I was only there once. This is pretty much just what I've been told about the people who live there/have visited more regularly. They all pretty much say the area is a lot more depressed and blue collar than it seems to tourists.

3) I visited Boston last summer and really liked it. But I like pretty much all Northeast cities. Despite the weather.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Thu May 19, 2011 1:38 pm

keg411 wrote:1) I don't know. I was 12 and was told it was "too cold". I was pretty much conditioned that 80's = swimming weather; 70's = nice, but not swimming weather.

2) Like I said, I was only there once. This is pretty much just what I've been told about the people who live there/have visited more regularly. They all pretty much say the area is a lot more depressed and blue collar than it seems to tourists.

3) I visited Boston last summer and really liked it. But I like pretty much all Northeast cities. Despite the weather.
FWIW, the ocean is cold as all fuck if it's only 70 outside...and IDK about SD, since I live in LA, but it gets to be 100-ish in july/august usually...or at least in the 90s. We start getting into the 70's in like...Feb/March. XD So yeah 70s is pretty cold for July.

RE: SD winning...I def wouldn't pick SD as my first choice in CA (I'd much rather live in SF), but it's got pretty beaches and nice weather, and it's CA so... :mrgreen:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu May 19, 2011 1:43 pm

I really like 70-degree weather (60s is probably ideal) but I'd never go swimming if it was 70°.

duckmoney

Silver

Post by duckmoney » Thu May 19, 2011 1:45 pm

Florida = No Income Tax = Win

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Thu May 19, 2011 1:51 pm

duckmoney wrote:Florida = No Income Tax = Win
But then you have to live in Florida.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Thu May 19, 2011 2:13 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
The only state dumb enough for it's own Farktag.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

clone22

Bronze

Post by clone22 » Thu May 19, 2011 2:22 pm

paratactical wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
The only state dumb enough for it's own Farktag.
Florida is god's waiting room, sure. But on the other hand, wouldn't it be that much easier to get to the top if it's really that retarded?

dr123

Gold

Post by dr123 » Thu May 19, 2011 6:27 pm

duckmoney wrote:Florida Seattle = No Income Tax = Win
FTFY fuck Florida, WA doesn't have an income tax either.

If you really wanna save money live in Vancouver, WA (suburb of Portland). WA has no income tax and OR has no Sales tax

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Thu May 19, 2011 6:30 pm

Assless chaps.

yngblkgifted

Silver

Post by yngblkgifted » Thu May 19, 2011 7:37 pm

Because the water would be uncomfortably cold?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Mr.JD2015

New

Post by Mr.JD2015 » Sat May 21, 2011 1:08 am

San Diego, California it is!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks guys!

Magnolia

Silver

Post by Magnolia » Sat May 21, 2011 1:23 am

I hope you didn't seriously just pick a school based on the most popular city among random people on the internet.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Sat May 21, 2011 1:26 am

Magnolia wrote:I hope you didn't seriously just picked a school based on the most popular city among random people on the internet.
FTFM

Gideon Strumpet

Bronze

Post by Gideon Strumpet » Sat May 21, 2011 1:28 am

Magnolia wrote:I hope you didn't seriously just pick a school based on the most popular city among random people on the internet.
Random person. I made twenty alts for the sole purpose of voting San Diego in this.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”