Drexel, WNEC - possibly UConn?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Temple11

Re: Drexel, WNEC - possibly UConn?

Postby Temple11 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:03 am

beach_terror wrote:
Temple11 wrote:Just an FYI: Drexel has been ABA approved as of Firday, August 5th.

And on Firday, Drexel will be a good school to attend. Until Firday comes however, do not go to DrexeLOL.

Right...

tarp

Postby tarp » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:03 pm

A better idea is not to get your advice from idiots on an online forum site who have no qualifications to give advice.

johnnyutah

Postby johnnyutah » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:25 pm

tarp wrote:A better idea is not to get your advice from idiots on an online forum site who have no qualifications to give advice.

Hahahah, awesome.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:41 pm

tarp wrote:A better idea is not to get your advice from idiots on an online forum site who have no qualifications to give advice.

Spoken by a true idiot.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:08 am

Hey bro, how's that OCI looking? Do you even have an OCI? I guess I wouldn't be surprised if you don't.

tarp

Postby tarp » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:48 am

Yes, our OCI consists of 7-eleven and McDonalds.

Is that what you wanted to hear?

To be honest, we have some OCI but I have not paid any attention since I am leaving Philly after I graduate.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:24 am

tarp wrote:Yes, our OCI consists of 7-eleven and McDonalds.

To be honest, we have some OCI but I have not paid any attention since I am leaving Philly after I graduate.

You plan on hanging your own shingle, right?

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:04 am

tarp wrote:Yes, our OCI consists of 7-eleven and McDonalds.

And you advocate for Drexel on here without even knowing how OCI looks? I mean I knew you had a few screws loose, but that's fucking stupid.

tarp

Postby tarp » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:47 pm

OCI is not the single factor in deciding which law school to attend. My advocacy on this forum has generally been to encourage those with generous scholarship offers from Drexel to take them rather than pay full tuition at other area schools. This is especially the case for those who do not want to work for a large law firm. Since I am graduating with no debt I can start my own firm. I already have a niche (deportation defense), and have been able to take specialized courses on the topic taught by a well respected and highly seasoned practitioner who was recently appointed immigration judge. I have also directly represented a noncitizen at the trial and appellate levels through Drexel's on-site legal clinic (I am currently representing him at the trial level on remand). I have met, through networking events and panel discussions held at Drexel, several of the most respected and knowledgeable immigration law practitioners in Philadelphia. Our wonderful professors have also introduced me to wonderful professors at Villanova's clinic, who are working closely with us and have provided valuable insight. I got the highest grade in my class in Immigration Law and I successfully won a motion to remand at the appellate level (BIA). Since I am graduating with zero debt I will be able to open my own firm and continue representing noncitizens in removal proceedings, a highly specialized yet growing area of law that sorely needs knowledgeable and dedicated practitioners.

lmncow

Postby lmncow » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:58 pm

Gah! My thread has been hijacked!

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:13 pm

lmncow wrote:Gah! My thread has been hijacked!

Necromanced, too.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:20 pm

Just gonna toss this out there, attending Villanova over Drexel w/ a full ride has turned out to be the best decision I could have made. Philly ties + Villanova + great grades = win, atm.

Chippy

Postby Chippy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:03 pm

beach_terror wrote:Just gonna toss this out there, attending Villanova over Drexel w/ a full ride has turned out to be the best decision I could have made. Philly ties + Villanova + great grades = win, atm.

I don't think you can make that conclusion until you have paid back 200k + interest in student loans.

Heartford

Postby Heartford » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:05 pm

lmncow wrote:Gah! My thread has been hijacked!

You still going to UConn?

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:07 pm

Chippy wrote:
beach_terror wrote:Just gonna toss this out there, attending Villanova over Drexel w/ a full ride has turned out to be the best decision I could have made. Philly ties + Villanova + great grades = win, atm.

I don't think you can make that conclusion until you have paid back 200k + interest in student loans.

I'll go out on a limb and assume he's gotten an offer.

WSJ_Law

Postby WSJ_Law » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:15 pm

tarp wrote:OCI is not the single factor in deciding which law school to attend. My advocacy on this forum has generally been to encourage those with generous scholarship offers from Drexel to take them rather than pay full tuition at other area schools. This is especially the case for those who do not want to work for a large law firm. Since I am graduating with no debt I can start my own firm. I already have a niche (deportation defense), and have been able to take specialized courses on the topic taught by a well respected and highly seasoned practitioner who was recently appointed immigration judge. I have also directly represented a noncitizen at the trial and appellate levels through Drexel's on-site legal clinic (I am currently representing him at the trial level on remand). I have met, through networking events and panel discussions held at Drexel, several of the most respected and knowledgeable immigration law practitioners in Philadelphia. Our wonderful professors have also introduced me to wonderful professors at Villanova's clinic, who are working closely with us and have provided valuable insight. I got the highest grade in my class in Immigration Law and I successfully won a motion to remand at the appellate level (BIA). Since I am graduating with zero debt I will be able to open my own firm and continue representing noncitizens in removal proceedings, a highly specialized yet growing area of law that sorely needs knowledgeable and dedicated practitioners.

TTT

tarp

Postby tarp » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:27 pm

I'm pretty sure beach_terror is a 2L, which means it is very premature for him to have any concrete offers. All the best luck to him though. It would be pretty scary graduating with a large debt to pay back in this job market and economy.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:30 pm

Yeah that would be a concern, if you know, I had crippling debt. I have debt, but it's nowhere near 200k. Don't assume dipshits.

Chippy

Postby Chippy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:37 pm

Especially from a low T2 that has essentially been declared as a fraudulent institution by the ABA. They would have lost accreditation entirely if it wasn't for the self-reporting.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:57 pm

Chippy wrote:Especially from a low T2 that has essentially been declared as a fraudulent institution by the ABA. They would have lost accreditation entirely if it wasn't for the self-reporting.

You mad?

tarp

Postby tarp » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:35 pm

Look, Villanova made a huge mistake by misreporting data, but at least they did the right thing on their own and fired those responsible. It is not fair to call Villanova a "fraudulent institution" just because they reported fraudulent employment data- something which I am sure many other law schools have done without getting caught. It is still a solid law school and still provides decent employment prospects in the Philadelphia area.

johnnyutah

Postby johnnyutah » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:49 pm

tarp wrote:Look, Villanova made a huge mistake by misreporting data, but at least they did the right thing on their own and fired those responsible. It is not fair to call Villanova a "fraudulent institution" just because they reported fraudulent employment data- something which I am sure many other law schools have done without getting caught. It is still a solid law school and still provides decent employment prospects in the Philadelphia area.

TCR. I mean, it's no Temple, but it's a decent school.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:59 pm

johnnyutah wrote:
tarp wrote:Look, Villanova made a huge mistake by misreporting data, but at least they did the right thing on their own and fired those responsible. It is not fair to call Villanova a "fraudulent institution" just because they reported fraudulent employment data- something which I am sure many other law schools have done without getting caught. It is still a solid law school and still provides decent employment prospects in the Philadelphia area.

TCR. I mean, it's no Temple, but it's a decent school.

trololol. I kind of wish I went to Temple now because of the calculation to get onto LR there (60% grades, 40% writing comp, correct?). Missing LR at Nova by single digits ftl.

lmncow

Postby lmncow » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:16 pm

Yes, Heartford, I am still going to UConn... I'm judging by your avatar that you're a UConn law student/alum as well?

I realize I'm a little late on replying... I just went back onto the forums to look for advice on political internships and remembered I had this thread from awhile back (that's been beaten to death by pro/anti temple/nova/drexel trolls/advocates).

Return to “Choosing a Law School”