Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which of these schools is in the best city?

UMN - Minneapolis
23
16%
UGA - Athens
23
16%
UTK - Knoxville
4
3%
UAZ - Tucson
7
5%
UNC - Chapel Hill
42
28%
Wake Forest - Winston-Salem
3
2%
Pitt - Pittsburgh
13
9%
American - Washington D.C.
33
22%
 
Total votes: 148

syntaxfree07
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:48 pm

Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

Postby syntaxfree07 » Mon May 09, 2011 9:45 am

I live in the mountains. You can probably guess about where from some of the schools in my poll. I would like to stay away from very large cities, but I'm not totally against it if I get a full ride to Minnesota or something like that. Any of you have experience with these places? I'm only familiar with Knoxville and have been on weekend trips to Chapel Hill, Athens, and D.C.

duckmoney
Posts: 886
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

Postby duckmoney » Mon May 09, 2011 9:46 am

Need numbers bro.

mrwarre85
Posts: 685
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

Postby mrwarre85 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:03 am

duckmoney wrote:Need numbers bro.


No we don't, he just asked about the cities. I voted for Knoxville. I've never been to Athens, though.

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon May 09, 2011 10:09 am

All are nice except for Winston-Salem, in my opinion. As for the best city, that depends upon personal preferences.

User avatar
Jack Smirks
Posts: 1340
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 5:35 am

Re: Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

Postby Jack Smirks » Mon May 09, 2011 10:14 am

D.C. is nice but I wouldn't go to American ITE.

User avatar
YankeesFan
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

Postby YankeesFan » Mon May 09, 2011 10:16 am

WS isnt bad. You just can't go into expecting a big city lifestlye.

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

Postby CanadianWolf » Mon May 09, 2011 10:22 am

Compared to OP's other options, Winston-Salem is not good.

syntaxfree07
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:48 pm

Re: Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

Postby syntaxfree07 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:27 am

Thanks for these responses. I have driven through Winston-Salem a couple of times. I only live a few hours away and was vaguely aware that people didn't seem to like it. Glad to have that confirmed.

syntaxfree07
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:48 pm

Re: Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

Postby syntaxfree07 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:28 am

duckmoney wrote:Need numbers bro.


Which admissions board are you on? I'll send them in to your school.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13513
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

Postby Flips88 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:32 am

DC is the best on that list, but like NaterJ said American isn't the best option without substantial aid. Minneapolis is very nice as well, as long as you can handle winters.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

Postby Sandro » Tue May 10, 2011 3:06 am

Flips88 wrote:DC is the best on that list, but like NaterJ said American isn't the best option without substantial aid. Minneapolis is very nice as well, as long as you can handle winters.


I would like to stay away from very large cities


:idea:

protein
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:44 am

Re: Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

Postby protein » Tue May 10, 2011 4:58 am

interesting to see so many people voting for unc

flexityflex86
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

Postby flexityflex86 » Tue May 10, 2011 5:04 am

athens if you like laid back southern hospitality.

User avatar
FantasticMrFox
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

Postby FantasticMrFox » Tue May 10, 2011 5:05 am

flexityflex86 wrote:athens if you like laid back southern hospitality.

Athens is nice, definitely; but I personally think D.C. is a better city

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13513
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

Postby Flips88 » Tue May 10, 2011 9:19 am

Sandro wrote:
Flips88 wrote:DC is the best on that list, but like NaterJ said American isn't the best option without substantial aid. Minneapolis is very nice as well, as long as you can handle winters.


I would like to stay away from very large cities


:idea:

DC isn't really a "very large city" by any means. Population is comparable to Seattle and there aren't any skyscrapers. Lots of parks, public transportation, young city. It has all the advantages of a large city with very few of the drawbacks while not being that large in the first place.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue May 10, 2011 11:26 am

Flips88 wrote:
Sandro wrote:
Flips88 wrote:DC is the best on that list, but like NaterJ said American isn't the best option without substantial aid. Minneapolis is very nice as well, as long as you can handle winters.


I would like to stay away from very large cities


:idea:

DC isn't really a "very large city" by any means. Population is comparable to Seattle and there aren't any skyscrapers. Lots of parks, public transportation, young city. It has all the advantages of a large city with very few of the drawbacks while not being that large in the first place.

But OP called Minny a big city. By comparison, that makes DC HUGE

flexityflex86
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

Postby flexityflex86 » Tue May 10, 2011 12:22 pm

Anywhere in America is nice if you have a lot of $.

I say America, because if you lived in Pakistan, for instance, unless you practice the right religion, you'd have to worry about being killed all the time, putting a damper in the quality of life.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13513
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

Postby Flips88 » Tue May 10, 2011 12:26 pm

flexityflex86 wrote:Anywhere in America is nice if you have a lot of $.

I say America, because if you lived in Pakistan, for instance, unless you practice the right religion, you'd have to worry about being killed all the time, putting a damper in the quality of life.

Go munch on your girlfriend's bush, douche bag

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

Postby Sandro » Tue May 10, 2011 2:00 pm

Flips88 wrote:
Sandro wrote:
Flips88 wrote:DC is the best on that list, but like NaterJ said American isn't the best option without substantial aid. Minneapolis is very nice as well, as long as you can handle winters.


I would like to stay away from very large cities


:idea:

DC isn't really a "very large city" by any means. Population is comparable to Seattle and there aren't any skyscrapers. Lots of parks, public transportation, young city. It has all the advantages of a large city with very few of the drawbacks while not being that large in the first place.


uh, okay dude. whatever you say. small town DC. right.

User avatar
DeeCee
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 am

Re: Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

Postby DeeCee » Tue May 10, 2011 2:04 pm

syntaxfree07 wrote:Thanks for these responses. I have driven through Winston-Salem a couple of times. I only live a few hours away and was vaguely aware that people didn't seem to like it. Glad to have that confirmed.


UNC. I too live an hour or two away from W-S and I don't like it there too much. I've lived in NC for half my life, and I'll be attending UNC in the fall so this sways my choice a bit. However, if you have NC residency and want to stay in the region UNC is a great deal, even without a substantial scholly (17k/year)

User avatar
Moral_Midgetry
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Re: Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Tue May 10, 2011 2:17 pm

Chapel Hill, Athens, and DC are the best on this list IMO. Winston-Salem shouldn't even be on here.

User avatar
Pricer
Posts: 558
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

Postby Pricer » Tue May 10, 2011 2:23 pm

Athens, GA.

flexityflex86
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

Postby flexityflex86 » Tue May 10, 2011 2:41 pm

Flips88 wrote:
flexityflex86 wrote:Anywhere in America is nice if you have a lot of $.

I say America, because if you lived in Pakistan, for instance, unless you practice the right religion, you'd have to worry about being killed all the time, putting a damper in the quality of life.

Go munch on your girlfriend's bush, douche bag

Forgot to take your meds today? You're awfully violent.

User avatar
AreJay711
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

Postby AreJay711 » Tue May 10, 2011 2:42 pm

Pricer wrote:Athens, GA.

Yeah, I like D.C. but American isn't really in D.C.


Edit: Well that is confusing. It is in D.C. but in a suburban part that isn't anything special.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13513
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Poll: Law Schools I'm Applying To

Postby Flips88 » Tue May 10, 2011 2:45 pm

AreJay711 wrote:
Pricer wrote:Athens, GA.

Yeah, I like D.C. but American isn't really in D.C.

yeah, it's not like it's less than 5 miles from the White House...




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests