USC ($$) v. WULS ($$$) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
urban323

New

USC ($$) v. WULS ($$$)

Post by urban323 » Wed May 04, 2011 3:09 am

I would appreciate any and all useful input.

I committed and was pretty stoked about going to USC with a 20k scholarship each year but WULS just offered me 38k each year. I'm from Los Angeles, love California, my network is in California but am not positive where I want to work yet. I would have no COL in LA which makes USC 28k each year versus WULS which would be 18k each year (12k COL + 6k tuition). I have never been to St. Louis nor spent any significant time in the Midwest. I don't have time to visit WULS before they want me to make a deposit (May 13). I realize the regional differences between the schools so if anyone could touch on any other compelling arguments for one or the other, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: USC ($$) v. WULS ($$$)

Post by JamMasterJ » Wed May 04, 2011 3:13 am

Go to USC. If your not from the Midwest, you won't like it here.

btw, its WUSTL

dpk711

Silver

Post by dpk711 » Wed May 04, 2011 3:15 am

Stay in LA and go to USC. St. Louis sucks.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Wed May 04, 2011 3:39 am

dpk711 wrote:Stay in LA and go to USC. St. Louis sucks.
--ImageRemoved--
That said, USC is TCR.

klhtq5

New

Post by klhtq5 » Wed May 04, 2011 11:44 pm

Wustl is a great school but USC has better national recognition. Also the USC mafia is awesome. That being said, wustl has great placement in the Midwest. It'll be a bit of a culture shock though. Pros about STL (I'm from there and will be going there in the fall)- no traffic cheap gas, hot summers, mild winters, nice apartments for cheap, STL style pizza (thin crust w special cheese, you'll either love or hateit) good pro sports, super friendly people Cons- no in and out, no beach, winters w occasional snow, not as much going on. If you have any specific questions please feel free to pm me. I chose wustl over pepperdine, which I know is much lower ranked but still. Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Horchata

Bronze

Post by Horchata » Thu May 05, 2011 12:06 am

klhtq5 wrote:Wustl is a great school but USC has better national recognition. Also the USC mafia is awesome. That being said, wustl has great placement in the Midwest. It'll be a bit of a culture shock though. Pros about STL (I'm from there and will be going there in the fall)- no traffic cheap gas, hot summers, mild winters, nice apartments for cheap, STL style pizza (thin crust w special cheese, you'll either love or hateit) good pro sports, super friendly people Cons- no in and out <-- KEY, no beach, winters w occasional snow, not as much going on. If you have any specific questions please feel free to pm me. I chose wustl over pepperdine, which I know is much lower ranked but still. Good luck!

urban323

New

Post by urban323 » Thu May 05, 2011 3:24 pm

Thanks everyone!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”