Recent Clerkship Data From US News (Link) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
scammedhard

Silver

Re: Recent Clerkship Data From US News (Link)

Post by scammedhard » Fri May 06, 2011 5:43 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Whose main point ? As for your other question, we don't but at least one law school stated that it would be corrected with USNews. Better than complaining & making accusations without doing anything to verify.
The main point of Law Sauce and G. T. L. Rev.
Anyhow, I very much appreciate what you are doing. Thanks for calling. But I am still skeptical of the data because no one can truly know if what they are telling you or anyone else is accurate, right?

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Fri May 06, 2011 5:46 pm

When law schools overstate their Article III clerkship numbers, they have much to gain. When called & Article III clerkship is explained so as to not include certain federal positions & the law school rep. recalculates the percentage with a clear understanding that results in no advantage to that law school, then it is more plausible. Not a certainty, but administrative clerks can mistake a federal clerkship as an Article III position unless clearly defined.

I don't think that every error is intentional, although I suspect that some may be.

scammedhard

Silver

Post by scammedhard » Fri May 06, 2011 5:54 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:When law schools overstate their Article III clerkship numbers, they have much to gain. When called & Article III clerkship is explained so as to not include certain federal positions & the law school rep. recalculates the percentage with a clear understanding that results in no advantage to that law school, then it is more plausible. Not a certainty, but administrative clerks can mistake a federal clerkship as an Article III position unless clearly defined.

I don't think that every error is intentional, although I suspect that some may be.
Exactly. The data now is more plausible, but that does not mean that it is true and accurate.
I guess the issue/discrepancy is that you and others still trust the data from law schools, whether it is re-calculated or not. I don't trust their data because there is no way to verify if it's true or not. So, let me ask you, why do you still trust the data?

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Fri May 06, 2011 6:02 pm

If you seeking absolute truth, you may be entering the wrong profession.

Never stated that I trust the revisions 100%; however, I am more inclined to trust a revised number after clearly stating the criteria.
For what it may be worth, I also communicated with USNews about these concerns.

The world is not a perfect place; there's room for improvement without perfection or absolute certainty.

My concern with some other posts is that challenges are made without asserting any basis.

Regardless, this ranking is really looking good for Duke & Georgia ! (Although I haven't verified their numbers. :shock: )

JusticeJackson

Silver

Post by JusticeJackson » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:26 am

//
Last edited by JusticeJackson on Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Paul Campos

Silver

Post by Paul Campos » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:22 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by Paul Campos on Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”