[Please delete] Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
WhirledWorld

Bronze

[Please delete]

Post by WhirledWorld » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:00 am

Last edited by WhirledWorld on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WhirledWorld

Bronze

Re: Does OCI matter for secondary markets for T14 schools?

Post by WhirledWorld » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:22 am

Bump.

pjo

Silver

Re: Does OCI matter for secondary markets for T14 schools?

Post by pjo » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:35 am

I'd like to hear more about this too because I'm in a similar situation. I'll be going to UVA, but Penn has more firms coming to their OCI from the secondary market I'm interested in. My advice, I really wouldn't worry about it. I spoke with the recruiter from a firm in the market (that goes to Penn OCI but not UVa) and she said they only have the budget to go to one or the other and they've had better luck in the past with getting Penn grads rather than UVa, it's that simple. It's not that they prefer one or the other and she said just to send her my materials when the time comes. If you're interested in MN, I would network there before law school and build some connections so you can just email your stuff to that person when the time comes. Also, 1 to 5 isn't a very big margin. You should also consider that UVa is a pre-select OGI, and Penn is lottery and that there are less kid's at Penn which means less ppl bidding against you.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”