If Davis was not ranked 23rd...

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

If Davis was not ranked 23rd, would you still think it is better than Hastings?

Total votes: 81

Re: If Davis was not ranked 23rd...

Postby amissionsix » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:04 pm

crit_racer wrote:
Point taken. I would still prioritize living in a stimulating environment, but that's b/c I deal well with distractions. Besides, I figure you can always find a quiet place to study (even in SF). Having said that, i know a chick who moved to NY to attend Fordham Law and messed up her 1L year pretty badly due to excessive partying, etc.

Another reason why it's important to be mature and have a solid understanding of yourself before choosing a school/starting LS.

Agreed. You can get carried away with drinking/partying anywhere. It's more a reflection of the person than the influence of the city. If you can't see the importance of shutting that stuff out of your life while in law school, then you shouldn't be in law school. And if you have some measure of self control, I think living in San Francisco offers much more in terms of quality of life. Maybe not in terms of apartment square footage and rent costs, but more so in the overall experience. That's just me. If everyone agreed with me, Davis wouldn't be in business...

Postby 20160810 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:02 pm

I love SF. I will be living and working there after law school. But Davis is an amazing place to live for school. Almost everyone I know loves it here.

Postby Lasers » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:44 pm

davis is great for what it is: a quiet college town.

sf is great for what it is: one of the most bizarre, enthralling and varied cities in the world. (the best, imo, but who asked me?)

for a law student, it's up to you for what you want out of the next 3 years. the answer was clear to me.

Postby kublaikahn » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:52 pm

Hastings has a better (flag) football team.

Postby powerlawyer06 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:54 pm

kublaikahn wrote:Hastings has a better (flag) football team.

Why doesn't U.S. News factor this into their rankings?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”