Regarding the LSAC GPA...

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
JustSomebody

Regarding the LSAC GPA...

Postby JustSomebody » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:39 am

Forgive my ignorance, as I am new to TLS and the application process in general. I am not planning on attending law school until Fall 2012 and still have yet to take the LSAT.

So I apologize if this question seems dumb.

Are the GPA median statistics which are given here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/rankings.html

... the LSAC standardized GPAs and not the GPAs from each applicant's undergrad institution? Because if so, this makes me very happy.

tourdeforcex

Re: Regarding the LSAC GPA...

Postby tourdeforcex » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:42 am

LSAC standardized.

JustSomebody

Postby JustSomebody » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:35 am

Sweet.

So, when I report my GPA on my applications, I report the LSAC GPA and not the one I have at my undergrad institution, then?

My undergrad GPA is a 3.85. Once it has been LSAC standardized it jumps to 3.95. Hence why I want to be absolutely clear about all this.

tourdeforcex

Postby tourdeforcex » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:40 pm

So, when I report my GPA on my applications, I report the LSAC GPA and not the one I have at my undergrad institution, then?

yes.

in helping you achieve absolute clarity, i have a question: how do you know what your LSAC standardized GPA is already? as i recall, i wasn't certain of this until my official LSAC generated law school report was built which was after my LSAT was taken

Knock

Postby Knock » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:41 pm

tourdeforcex wrote:

yes.

in helping you achieve absolute clarity, i have a question: how do you know what your LSAC standardized GPA is already? as i recall, i wasn't certain of this until my official LSAC generated law school report was built which was after my LSAT was taken

There are calculators out there, lawschoolpredictor.com has one, or you can calculate it yourself by hand.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”