Extending Deposit Deadlines

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Paste_Me

Extending Deposit Deadlines

Postby Paste_Me » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:11 pm

I have just been admitted to two schools in the past week, both of them have deadlines coming up for deposit on the 28th and 30th of this month. I don't think I will be able to visit both of the schools before the deadlines. I am also real hesitant to put down deposits on both schools because I am on wait lists at 7 other schools, and I'm pretty sure I would attend 4 of those schools over these two.

From what I understand, LSAC circulates a list of applicants that have put down deposits on 2 schools. This might have a negative effect on your candidacy at a school if you are on the wait list.

Is there any way to extend the deadlines at both of these schools?

What should I do?

mrwarre85

Re: Extending Deposit Deadlines

Postby mrwarre85 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:01 pm

Paste_Me wrote:I have just been admitted to two schools in the past week, both of them have deadlines coming up for deposit on the 28th and 30th of this month. I don't think I will be able to visit both of the schools before the deadlines. I am also real hesitant to put down deposits on both schools because I am on wait lists at 7 other schools, and I'm pretty sure I would attend 4 of those schools over these two.

From what I understand, LSAC circulates a list of applicants that have put down deposits on 2 schools. This might have a negative effect on your candidacy at a school if you are on the wait list.

Is there any way to extend the deadlines at both of these schools?

What should I do?

My understanding from reading the rules on LSAC is that you can put in as many of the first seat deposits as you'd like/can afford. Someone else care to chime in on this?

ballpop

Postby ballpop » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:20 pm

I think the double deposit list is only for people who have not withdrawn after a certain date from all schools but one. Don't quote me, but I think is was sometime around June 1st?

FiveSermon

Postby FiveSermon » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:21 pm

Schools won't extend your deposit deadline because you are on waitlists at other schools.

StillHerexxx

Postby StillHerexxx » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:22 pm

If the issue is that you can't make up your mind, and the waitlists are part of the issue, let the school know you can't decide at this point and need more time to think.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”