"The Decision"

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Flips88

Re: "The Decision"

Postby Flips88 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:20 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:I forgot the internet was so politically correct.

Nah. we just don't think shitty low brow humor is funny.

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Flips88 wrote:
dabbadon8 wrote:I forgot the internet was so politically correct.

Nah. we just don't think shitty low brow humor is funny.

But didn't you hear? He made jokes about Lebron being gay! LOLOLOLOLOL

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:23 pm

I chuckled a little bit. But I'm also a terrible person.

aliarrow

Postby aliarrow » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:24 pm

beachbum wrote:I chuckled a little bit. But I'm also a terrible person.

Considering your previous tar was Tosh, I think this is expected

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:25 pm

aliarrow wrote:
beachbum wrote:I chuckled a little bit. But I'm also a terrible person.

Considering your previous tar was Tosh, I think this is expected

haha, fair call

dabbadon8

Postby dabbadon8 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:30 pm

This is certainly an enlighten crew hanging out in this thread mocking some awkward TLS'er. I think we may even have some future FCC attorneys. Would you guys please relax. Obviously it is not for everyone...

aliarrow

Postby aliarrow » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:32 pm

No one here is advocating censorship or expressing outrage, its just lazy humor.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:36 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:This is certainly an enlighten crew hanging out in this thread mocking some awkward TLS'er. I think we may even have some future FCC attorneys. Would you guys please relax. Obviously it is not for everyone...

So if you made a decision that I didn't like and all I said to make fun of you was "God, what a fagg*t. I bet you love to suck dick and get fucked in the ass by guys." Do you think that's funny or creative in any way?

It's not about censorship. It's about not having the humor level of a dumb 12 year old.

flexityflex86

Postby flexityflex86 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:39 pm

i was away for the week - pissed i missed this.

Zabini

Postby Zabini » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:41 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:There is no revisionist history of Kobe Bryant. He was hitting gamewinning shots in the finals with injuries with Shaq on the sideline before LeBron was even known.

lol, right. I forgot about how Kobe wins championships when he has an elite C or two and a nasty supporting cast on his side all by himself and demands a trade when things don't go his way for a few years would never publicly sell out his team the way LeBron did.

dabbadon8

Postby dabbadon8 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:44 pm

I like hamburgers and fine dining, no reason to be an elitist. Next your going to tell me that Blazing Saddles isn't funny because there is homophobic/racial/fart jokes in it. Yeah it is simple humor, but god dammit if someone farts in silent room and you don't think it's funny your as good as dead. In the recent best picture award winning film, one of the key scenes of comedic relief was the king yelling obscenities... You think the critic booed at the screening over its lazy humor? How can you take your comedy so seriously?

aliarrow

Postby aliarrow » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:46 pm

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:49 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:I like hamburgers and fine dining, no reason to be an elitist. Next your going to tell me that Blazing Saddles isn't funny because there is homophobic/racial/fart jokes in it. Yeah it is simple humor, but god dammit if someone farts in silent room and you don't think it's funny your as good as dead. In the recent best picture award winning film, one of the key scenes of comedic relief was the king yelling obscenities... You think the critic booed at the screening over its lazy humor? How can you take your comedy so seriously?

Not sure if I should laugh harder that you think that video is the same humor as blazing saddles, or you think you're as good as dead if you don't laugh at farts.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:57 pm

Meh, I think I'm with dabbadon on this one. I really enjoy offensive/crude/shocking/lowest-common-denominator humor, and I would honestly lol if Flips made that ("God, what a fagg*t...") comment to a typical dumb post around here- if only because it would be so unexpected and disproportionate.

By youtube standards, I'd say dabbadon's video is slightly above average. Again, I chuckled a little. And i think a lot of other people out there would chuckle a little too. For more on this, see the careers of Howard Stern, Tucker Max, and, yes, Daniel Tosh.

But then again, I think this video is hilarious. So, yeah: terrible person.
Last edited by beachbum on Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:00 am

Last edited by Hannibal on Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

aliarrow

Postby aliarrow » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:00 am

I lol'd a little.
Makes perfect sense if you've ever even driven through Baltimore on I-95 (or whichever one it is that goes to NY)

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:04 am

beachbum wrote:Meh, I think I'm with dabbadon on this one. I really enjoy offensive/crude/shocking/lowest-common-denominator humor, and I would honestly lol if Flips made that ("God, what a fagg*t...") comment to a typical dumb post around here- if only because it would be so unexpected and disproportionate.

By youtube standards, I'd say dabbadon's video is slightly above average. Again, I chuckled a little. And i think a lot of other people out there would chuckle a little too. For more on this, see the careers of Howard Stern, Tucker Max, and, yes, Daniel Tosh.

I think Tosh is pretty hilarious.

You want some good gay humor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdL6BjupD1E

aliarrow

Postby aliarrow » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:09 am

Flips88 wrote:I think Tosh is pretty hilarious.

lol I've seen that one before.

Gay humor, like Racist humor, can be funny, it just has to be REALLY good to not make you look like an idiotic bigot.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:12 am

Flips88 wrote:
beachbum wrote:Meh, I think I'm with dabbadon on this one. I really enjoy offensive/crude/shocking/lowest-common-denominator humor, and I would honestly lol if Flips made that ("God, what a fagg*t...") comment to a typical dumb post around here- if only because it would be so unexpected and disproportionate.

I loled.

Keepin the ball rollin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2nTbqbt ... re=related

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:13 am

beachbum wrote:
Flips88 wrote:

I loled.

Keepin the ball rollin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2nTbqbt ... re=related

Haha i posted that in another thread in the last couple days actually. Their bro rape skit is hilarious too

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:39 pm

Zabini wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:There is no revisionist history of Kobe Bryant. He was hitting gamewinning shots in the finals with injuries with Shaq on the sideline before LeBron was even known.

lol, right. I forgot about how Kobe wins championships when he has an elite C or two and a nasty supporting cast on his side all by himself and demands a trade when things don't go his way for a few years would never publicly sell out his team the way LeBron did.

So you're a Kobe hater who knows little about the Lakers situation. Okay, check. No one wins without dominate players beside them. MJ had the best SF of the decade on his team, don't even get me started on the squads Magic, Larry and Russel fielded. He's the only one picked apart in this manner. As a Lakers fan I remember Kobe closing out series because Shaq couldn't hit FTs. I remember his having the record for the youngest person to drop 48 in a playoff game (since tied by LeBron). I remember Shaq's own father saying Kobe was outplaying him. THe finals is where Shaq was clearly more dominate...not hard to do when there were no true centers left. Furthermore, Paul Pierce asked for a trade if things didn't get better and they went and got him KG and Ray. MJ was talking about getting him GM fired. How did he sell out his team? Because he said what everyone knew out loud? When KG left Minnesota he talked about how loyalty can hurt you. LeBron didn't sell out anyone either I didn't like the Miami choice because I feel like that way I'l never see just how good he may be with a guy like Wade on his side. And he carried it out poorly but he didn't sell anyone out and the fans of Cleveland are ridiculous.

Owners cut players and trade them after years of loyalty once they get hurt all the time. So LeBron leaves Cleveland because he wants to and it's the worst crime ever? Ask KG what loyalty did for him...how many years of his prime were wasted? That same Kobe you trashed was mad BECAUSE of his loyalty. He could've gone anywhere when he was a free agent. Dallas with Dirk, the CLippers who had a better team at the time. The young Bulls And he chose to stay in LA knowing they'd have to rebuild...no Lakers fan can question him ever.

aliarrow

Postby aliarrow » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:41 pm

This really should be moved to the lounge

Fred_McGriff

Postby Fred_McGriff » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:36 pm

Return to “Choosing a Law School”