"The Decision"

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
descartesb4thehorse
Posts: 1147
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Re: "The Decision"

Postby descartesb4thehorse » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:23 am

NOLA Proud wrote:
The Stig wrote:Yay for another gem = Decision 2011: Michael Lanahan's Law School Signing Day

these keep getting weirder and weirder...



That is actually pretty funny.


The other one is just unintentional comedy because of the awkwardness.


Oh Christ. The bit with the hats in this one. From someone who has spent too much time in Hyde Park, this guy is going to pull off a Cortes and be godlike-revered once he gets there. (sorry, i spoiled it... he chose the highest ranked of his three schools.) Intellectually, I know it is not funny. Yet, reactionary as it was, I laughed.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: "The Decision"

Postby birdlaw117 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:30 am

buckilaw wrote:
The Gentleman wrote:As a lifelong Cleveland sports fan who had their heart ripped out by "The Decision", I feel like this kid is mocking my misery. There's not much that we Cleveland fans can take pride in, so we own our heartbreak. Don't you dare demean the last thing we have left.


Duce, I wish you well and am glad you have decided on attending Michigan but as a fellow lifelong Cleveland sports fan I can say that the Gentleman's post is credited.

I will never understand why LeBron leaving hurt Cleveland SO much. Maybe if you had an owner that was worth a shit and brought in talent to play with him he wouldn't have left. I mean, if your boss was going to say those things after you decide to take a new job, would that have been a place you would have considered still working at? It was a self-inflicted wound and I do not feel bad for them, sorry.

jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: "The Decision"

Postby jrose5 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:38 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
buckilaw wrote:
The Gentleman wrote:As a lifelong Cleveland sports fan who had their heart ripped out by "The Decision", I feel like this kid is mocking my misery. There's not much that we Cleveland fans can take pride in, so we own our heartbreak. Don't you dare demean the last thing we have left.


Duce, I wish you well and am glad you have decided on attending Michigan but as a fellow lifelong Cleveland sports fan I can say that the Gentleman's post is credited.

I will never understand why LeBron leaving hurt Cleveland SO much. Maybe if you had an owner that was worth a shit and brought in talent to play with him he wouldn't have left. I mean, if your boss was going to say those things after you decide to take a new job, would that have been a place you would have considered still working at? It was a self-inflicted wound and I do not feel bad for them, sorry.

I don't think the fact that Lebron left was a huge deal... he wanted to win a championship badly, that's understandable. It's the way he did it that was tacky and offensive to the Cavaliers. At least, that's just my speculation....

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: "The Decision"

Postby birdlaw117 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:43 am

jrose5 wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
buckilaw wrote:
The Gentleman wrote:As a lifelong Cleveland sports fan who had their heart ripped out by "The Decision", I feel like this kid is mocking my misery. There's not much that we Cleveland fans can take pride in, so we own our heartbreak. Don't you dare demean the last thing we have left.


Duce, I wish you well and am glad you have decided on attending Michigan but as a fellow lifelong Cleveland sports fan I can say that the Gentleman's post is credited.

I will never understand why LeBron leaving hurt Cleveland SO much. Maybe if you had an owner that was worth a shit and brought in talent to play with him he wouldn't have left. I mean, if your boss was going to say those things after you decide to take a new job, would that have been a place you would have considered still working at? It was a self-inflicted wound and I do not feel bad for them, sorry.

I don't think the fact that Lebron left was a huge deal... he wanted to win a championship badly, that's understandable. It's the way he did it that was tacky and offensive to the Cavaliers. At least, that's just my speculation....

I think so too, but I also take issue with that. When you have to opportunity to raise a lot of money for the Boys and Girls Club (something he had done many times before), why would you not do it? But I guess all these Cavs fans would rather not have to hear LeBron say it live than give money to charity... :roll:

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: "The Decision"

Postby beachbum » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:11 am

birdlaw117 wrote:I think so too, but I also take issue with that. When you have to opportunity to raise a lot of money for the Boys and Girls Club (something he had done many times before), why would you not do it? But I guess all these Cavs fans would rather not have to hear LeBron say it live than give money to charity... :roll:


Dude, there's no way around it. The way he handled his move to Miami was tacky, self-centered, and classless, regardless of whether or not any money went to charity. If the guy was dying to help out a good cause, there were plenty of better ways he could have done it. And I would be pretty upset if I was a Cavs fan, too.

User avatar
Ty Webb
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: "The Decision"

Postby Ty Webb » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:17 am

These videos give me OCI-related confidence.

SupraVln180
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: "The Decision"

Postby SupraVln180 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:25 am

LOL at the comment that said, "This is why law schools should interview before admission."

aliarrow
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: "The Decision"

Postby aliarrow » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:28 am

Meh.

I cared about the whole Lebron thing about as much as I cared about this guys decision. Its a personal video, no idea why a big deal was made out of it.

User avatar
Zabini
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: "The Decision"

Postby Zabini » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:31 am

beachbum wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:I think so too, but I also take issue with that. When you have to opportunity to raise a lot of money for the Boys and Girls Club (something he had done many times before), why would you not do it? But I guess all these Cavs fans would rather not have to hear LeBron say it live than give money to charity... :roll:


Dude, there's no way around it. The way he handled his move to Miami was tacky, self-centered, and classless, regardless of whether or not any money went to charity. If the guy was dying to help out a good cause, there were plenty of better ways he could have done it. And I would be pretty upset if I was a Cavs fan, too.


yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

The only thing that upset me about The Decision was how they kept insisting "LeBron will announce within the first 10 minutes" beforehand but it actually took like a half hour. The way Cleveland fans, Cavaliers ownership, and the national sports media (on behalf of the poor, aggrieved, horrifically victimized Cleveland fans of course) reacted afterwards was beyond absurd.

Duce
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:31 pm

Re: "The Decision"

Postby Duce » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:40 am

One of the people mentioned in the video said that they weren't entirely comfortable with it, so it's going private again.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: "The Decision"

Postby beachbum » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:26 pm

Zabini wrote:
beachbum wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:I think so too, but I also take issue with that. When you have to opportunity to raise a lot of money for the Boys and Girls Club (something he had done many times before), why would you not do it? But I guess all these Cavs fans would rather not have to hear LeBron say it live than give money to charity... :roll:


Dude, there's no way around it. The way he handled his move to Miami was tacky, self-centered, and classless, regardless of whether or not any money went to charity. If the guy was dying to help out a good cause, there were plenty of better ways he could have done it. And I would be pretty upset if I was a Cavs fan, too.


yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

The only thing that upset me about The Decision was how they kept insisting "LeBron will announce within the first 10 minutes" beforehand but it actually took like a half hour. The way Cleveland fans, Cavaliers ownership, and the national sports media (on behalf of the poor, aggrieved, horrifically victimized Cleveland fans of course) reacted afterwards was beyond absurd.


Cool story bro. If you can't understand why Cavs fans were a little perturbed, you're probably an idiot.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: "The Decision"

Postby birdlaw117 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:43 pm

beachbum wrote:
Zabini wrote:
beachbum wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:I think so too, but I also take issue with that. When you have to opportunity to raise a lot of money for the Boys and Girls Club (something he had done many times before), why would you not do it? But I guess all these Cavs fans would rather not have to hear LeBron say it live than give money to charity... :roll:


Dude, there's no way around it. The way he handled his move to Miami was tacky, self-centered, and classless, regardless of whether or not any money went to charity. If the guy was dying to help out a good cause, there were plenty of better ways he could have done it. And I would be pretty upset if I was a Cavs fan, too.


yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

The only thing that upset me about The Decision was how they kept insisting "LeBron will announce within the first 10 minutes" beforehand but it actually took like a half hour. The way Cleveland fans, Cavaliers ownership, and the national sports media (on behalf of the poor, aggrieved, horrifically victimized Cleveland fans of course) reacted afterwards was beyond absurd.


Cool story bro. If you can't understand why Cavs fans were a little perturbed, you're probably an idiot.

So, you think the rational side was the one burning jerseys, etc.? Really?

User avatar
thexfactor
Posts: 1277
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:40 am

Re: "The Decision"

Postby thexfactor » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:48 pm

i think people are overreacting?

the video poster meant it as a joke...

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: "The Decision"

Postby beachbum » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:10 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:So, you think the rational side was the one burning jerseys, etc.? Really?


No, of course not. I think it's perfectly rational to be upset about the way he left, but obviously vandalizing his house, sending death threats, and burning him in effigy went a little past the line of reason/sanity. But I would venture to guess that most Cavs fans didn't do those things.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: "The Decision"

Postby birdlaw117 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:57 pm

beachbum wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:So, you think the rational side was the one burning jerseys, etc.? Really?


No, of course not. I think it's perfectly rational to be upset about the way he left, but obviously vandalizing his house, sending death threats, and burning him in effigy went a little past the line of reason/sanity. But I would venture to guess that most Cavs fans didn't do those things.

I would love to continue this, but we are WAY off topic. Agree to disagree?

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: "The Decision"

Postby beachbum » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:29 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
beachbum wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:So, you think the rational side was the one burning jerseys, etc.? Really?


No, of course not. I think it's perfectly rational to be upset about the way he left, but obviously vandalizing his house, sending death threats, and burning him in effigy went a little past the line of reason/sanity. But I would venture to guess that most Cavs fans didn't do those things.

I would love to continue this, but we are WAY off topic. Agree to disagree?


Ha, yeah. Though in all fairness, "staying on topic" consists of discussing some dude who made an awkward youtube video about his law school decision.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: "The Decision"

Postby birdlaw117 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:31 pm

beachbum wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
beachbum wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:So, you think the rational side was the one burning jerseys, etc.? Really?


No, of course not. I think it's perfectly rational to be upset about the way he left, but obviously vandalizing his house, sending death threats, and burning him in effigy went a little past the line of reason/sanity. But I would venture to guess that most Cavs fans didn't do those things.

I would love to continue this, but we are WAY off topic. Agree to disagree?


Ha, yeah. Though in all fairness, "staying on topic" consists of discussing some dude who made an awkward youtube video about his law school decision.

Haha, touche.

User avatar
Zabini
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: "The Decision"

Postby Zabini » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:48 pm

beachbum wrote:
Zabini wrote:
beachbum wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:I think so too, but I also take issue with that. When you have to opportunity to raise a lot of money for the Boys and Girls Club (something he had done many times before), why would you not do it? But I guess all these Cavs fans would rather not have to hear LeBron say it live than give money to charity... :roll:


Dude, there's no way around it. The way he handled his move to Miami was tacky, self-centered, and classless, regardless of whether or not any money went to charity. If the guy was dying to help out a good cause, there were plenty of better ways he could have done it. And I would be pretty upset if I was a Cavs fan, too.


yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

The only thing that upset me about The Decision was how they kept insisting "LeBron will announce within the first 10 minutes" beforehand but it actually took like a half hour. The way Cleveland fans, Cavaliers ownership, and the national sports media (on behalf of the poor, aggrieved, horrifically victimized Cleveland fans of course) reacted afterwards was beyond absurd.


Cool story bro. If you can't understand why Cavs fans were a little perturbed, you're probably an idiot.


roi being on topic.

I can understand Cavs fans being upset that the only reason their team was even slightly decent (let alone a perennial contender) decided to leave.

I can't understand the Cavs owner writing the absurdly childish and hateful letter that he did.

I can't understand Cavs fans constantly talking about "F that guy, he never did shit for us."

I can't understand Cavs fans burning his jersey in the street and having a riot over the whole affair.

I can't understand the national media burying and vilifying him for months after the fact.

I can't understand everyone who underrates his basketball ability or spews dumb nonsense like "This proves that he doesn't have killer instinct/that he isn't an alpha dog," or the absurd overrating/revisionist history of Kobe Bryant that has come out of this.
Last edited by Zabini on Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13547
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: "The Decision"

Postby Flips88 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:58 pm

Zabini wrote:
roi being on topic.

I can understand Cavs fans being upset that the only reason their team was even slightly decent (let alone a perennial contender) decided to leave.

I can't understand the Cavs owner writing the absurdly childish and hateful letter that he did.

I can't understand Cavs fans constantly talking about "F that guy, he never shit for us."

I can't understand Cavs fans burning his jersey in the street and having a riot over the whole affair.

I can't understand the national media burying and vilifying him for months after the fact.

I can't understand everyone who underrates his basketball ability or spews dumb nonsense like "This proves that he doesn't have killer instinct/that he isn't an alpha dog," or the absurd overrating/revisionist history of Kobe Bryant that has come out of this.

Best responses to his commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8eFNcEFWSw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaCH17Wj_uE

The MJ one is awesome

User avatar
Non-Chalant1
Posts: 852
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:54 pm

Re: "The Decision"

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:59 pm

There is no revisionist history of Kobe Bryant. He was hitting gamewinning shots in the finals with injuries with Shaq on the sideline before LeBron was even known.

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: "The Decision"

Postby dabbadon8 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:00 pm

Flips88 wrote:
Zabini wrote:
roi being on topic.

I can understand Cavs fans being upset that the only reason their team was even slightly decent (let alone a perennial contender) decided to leave.

I can't understand the Cavs owner writing the absurdly childish and hateful letter that he did.

I can't understand Cavs fans constantly talking about "F that guy, he never shit for us."

I can't understand Cavs fans burning his jersey in the street and having a riot over the whole affair.

I can't understand the national media burying and vilifying him for months after the fact.

I can't understand everyone who underrates his basketball ability or spews dumb nonsense like "This proves that he doesn't have killer instinct/that he isn't an alpha dog," or the absurd overrating/revisionist history of Kobe Bryant that has come out of this.

Best responses to his commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8eFNcEFWSw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaCH17Wj_uE

The MJ one is awesome


This one is better but definitely much more racy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVI_7k4V_kk

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13547
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: "The Decision"

Postby Flips88 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:01 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:
This one is bettershitty but definitely much more racychildish and homophobic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVI_7k4V_kk

FTFY

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: "The Decision"

Postby Hannibal » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:03 pm

Flips88 wrote:
dabbadon8 wrote:
This one is bettershitty but definitely much more racychildish and homophobic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVI_7k4V_kk

FTFY


Yeah, that wasn't the slightest bit funny.

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: "The Decision"

Postby dabbadon8 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:15 pm

I forgot the internet was so politically correct.

aliarrow
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: "The Decision"

Postby aliarrow » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:19 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:I forgot the internet was so politically correct.


There's a difference between racy and non-funny stupidity that would entertain only a male middle school crowd at best.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests